Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for trying to save a game.

freeyoupifreeyoupi Member UncommonPosts: 20

Greetings everyone,

I just need a place to out my desapointment.
Today as I got home from work, I went on the Acclaim spellborn forums to check things out.
After noticing a mail in my forum mailbox I was surprised by the message posted to me.
It said I had been "Red Flaged" on the same message was a link to the forum of another acclaim game.By then, i thought it was from a player disapointed from not been able to download the game as nothing in his nicname showed him to be a Acclaim employee. In the past I posted in the forum of that other game a question all been respectfull to seek help from moderators there to help us (the spellborn community) with our current issues. After I was redirected to that link, I landed on the forum of that game but was imidately loged out.

After I tryed to relogin, it was no longuer possible. I went to check the acclaim forum self and try to login from there. There I got a response message from the login attempt that I was banned from there too. After that i tryed login in my account page via the homepage of Acclaim. There it was also not possible. So as a final attempt, I went to the Acclaim support site as there you can login using your email address, and finaly I go through. I contacted the live support and explained the situation as I didn't know the reason for a ban. Just for trying to keep a game alive and while remaining polite in posts nobody should normaly get banned, at least I thought.

The person that answered my online chat was very nice and understanding. He understood the situation and gave me som advice to contact the support of the other Acclaim game. After that I thanked him and went to email the support of that other game. In the email I stated the situation and the not knowing the reason of a ban. I Even went to say that if I knew the reason I would have corrected my error. Normaly in forums before you get banned you should at least get warnings unless you do something realy bad like threaten people, haras, hack, steal. I never got those warnings in my forum mailbox. I have previously noticed that mails sent through the forum system, tend to remain in your outbox and never reach the person destined to. Shortly after sending that email to that game's support, I got my ticket. About 30 minuts later I could get back on my account page but still I can't get into the forums.

This situation is for me very stressfull as lately I try to help all the people interrested in The Chronicles of Spellborn to get their downloaded client to work. I enjoy this, but unfortunately it seems, I won't be able to assist from there any new players.

I hope that the ban will be reversed but don't set my hopes too high.

So to let the community know, freeyoupi (alias Acid-Burn) won't be able to help anymore and so I have decided to retire myself and pass the flame to whoever wants it.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Acid-Burn
Ancestral Mage - L50 - Deiquonril

Playing: The chronicles of Spellborn
Server: Deiquonril
Main Char: Acid-Burn (Ancestral Mage, L50, Born 10/12/2008)
Ex-Guild Master of "Origin Born Killers"

Comments

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Are you just updating us here on your little trauma. Or were you after something else ?

Just for my sanity , It was not these forums that banned you right ? And you are dissapointed that you are beacuse you are a champion problem fixer, and because of this and all the help yiu have given you should have like "Immortal status".

Top Tip ; If something starts to stress you out , move on theres always better things to do.

• freeyoupifreeyoupi Member UncommonPosts: 20

Please excuse me,

I just needed somewhere to place my feelings and share them with the community.

And to answer your question, no it's not here, it's on the Acclaim forums.

I hope I am not breaking the rules here too.

• chaoster89chaoster89 Member Posts: 56

Thank god you wont have to play this horrible game anymore.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I think its nice that you went out of your way to help others. Shame that you got somehow banned and ignore the disgruntled MMO'ers.

I'd say just move onto another game where your efforts are appreciated, because they seem to not want it and find it somehow ban-able(sp?).

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by Isane

Are you just updating us here on your little trauma. Or were you after something else ?

Just for my sanity , It was not these forums that banned you right ? And you are dissapointed that you are beacuse you are a champion problem fixer, and because of this and all the help yiu have given you should have like "Immortal status".

Top Tip ; If something starts to stress you out , move on theres always better things to do.

Such bitterness.  Poor you.

• The_GrumpThe_Grump Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by freeyoupi

Please excuse me,

I just needed somewhere to place my feelings and share them with the community.

And to answer your question, no it's not here, it's on the Acclaim forums.

I hope I am not breaking the rules here too.

No, you're not breaking any rules here. Unfortunately, folks like you and many others need to either get used to consistently poor customer support and at the same time speak up about how it isn't right: vote with your wallet and your time. If you are getting suppor that you believe is sub-standard you should speak up against it and if it occurs consistently on issues that seriously impact your gaming you should simply stop playing. We look to these games to have a good time and most companies look to these games as purely another product, we shouldn't agree to their poor support when it impacts us more than they realise.

I commend you for the support you gave to others, now it seems like you need to build community elsewhere. I suggest Guild Wars. image

(1)TL:DR must be your way of saying that thinking hurts. Then again, this may explain why it looks like you responded to the post without using your brain.
    (2) It's not about community, is it? You just have nothing better to do.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by japo

Originally posted by Isane

Such bitterness.  Poor you.

Amusement  , Sadness, synicism(if that is spelt right id be amazed), and a little bit of concern. But no bitterness , a dictionary may help you with the definition.

It is sad the OPs efforts aren't appreciated but I would not expect much from some of these forumns

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

It's a shame to read this

You helped people who had problems with the game and you posted many alternate fixes for issues and now they banned you.

Let's hope its just a missunderstanding and that they will fix it fast.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

Hi Czelsior,

I sure hope they do fix it. I am realy convinced that they missunderstood me or my intentions. I realy love the game and sill hope for the game to survive and thrive. I never wanted to anger anyone, it's just that things are getting more desperate as time passes by that maby I conveyed my emotions in that messsage, with mabe unclear words. Unfortunately I can't see the post made on the other form as it was removed.

Anyways untill things are solved, I will not be able to update my threads there and help anyone still having install problems.

Thanks for your moral support, and hope to see you soon ingame.

Sincerely,

Hi all,

It seems they have unbaned me, that's a relief!
    I hope they understood it was just a misunderstanding.

Thanks for all your support, it helped me manage the stress.
    Maby I'll see you all soon in game.

Respectfully,