Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online

I have played quite a number of MMO's in my time, and to be frank; none compare with the RP / RP-PVP that is available in Anarchy Online, even more so when you take into consideration of how old Anarchy Online is. In Anarchy Online there is a huge variety of options available for both New players, and veteran players to get into roleplay; here is a list and example of what i find to be the best:

Player ran Chat Channels - There are, on both servers chat channels that can be joined by anyone from anywhere in game specifically for In-character chats aswell as OOC Chats. These are normally full of life, which is a great place to start if you're new to roleplaying on AO.

ARK - This is the best one by far. ARK (Advisors of Rubi-Ka) are players with special powers that have volenteered and undertook training to assist Funcom (The game developers) with duties such as customer service or development. Now, the reason why i have chosen ARK for a RP purpose is - ARK Events Team. The ARK Events team can become "LTC's" - Long Term Characters, who can be either Major Storyline Characters such as CEO Tarkhan Zora, or random characters like a Neutral citizen or Omni-Pol Officer on patrol. This allows players to interact with major storyline events in a way no other game can offer.  For all 3 factions there are also monthly meetings which players can meet and discuss current ingame events with their faction leaders, which is an ample oppurtunity to recieve missions from your faction leaders aswell as propose new events for the storyline such as overtaking a city.

If you wanting to RP/PVP then ARK would also be your best port of call. ARK are able to setup raids on cities, with 'LTC's' such as Omni Armed Forces and can help you and your fellow players raid that city, which presents a mass world pvp option but is also related to the storyline. Again no other game allows you to do this.

RP Rewards - Thats right, in AO you get rewarded for RP. Now obviously you dont get rewared in a way which would be unfair and allowing you to gain end-game items or ridiculous amounts of credits (the currency in AO). But you can recieve special unique clothing and items which only regular roleplayers can recieve; these have no real benefit to playing the game, but they do for roleplaying and they look damn nice.

Editor News - Players of AO can choose to become an Editor for their faction, and write news articles pertaining to ingame events that take place. These will appear both ingame via the news broadcaster, aswell as on the official forums under the editor news section.

If you want to know anymore, either send me a msg or reply here :)

Agentcora - Anarchy Online (Rimor)
Razcull - WoW (Executus) (EU)
Razcull - Eve Online

Comments

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

Has Anarchy Online a good skill system and maybe pets of some sort?

Greetz

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by legend55

Greetz

Yes the skill system is deep and there are pets for some of the professions.

Originally posted by Logos1326

Originally posted by legend55

Greetz

Yes the skill system is deep and there are pets for some of the professions.

thanks for the info:) is it easy to understand the game? or rather more difficult?

Greetz

• motoyamamotoyama Member Posts: 1

Is AO fun?

Originally posted by motoyama

Is AO fun?

So I tried AO and its nice:) Not too nice but just plain nice:)

I would say 7,5/10:)

Greetz

• AgentcoraAgentcora Member Posts: 4

Some more info:

AO has:

• 4 Different species - All of which holds their own set of pros and cons

• 14 Different classes - A huge range allowing you to play how you want

• 200 Normal Levels / 20 Shadow Levels / 30 Alien Levels and 70 Research Levels - Allowing you to really fine tune your character to the playstyle you want.

You really are in control of what you want your character to do in AO and you can progress in the storyline as much as you want and even help create it with the help of ARK as earlier mentioned.

I also forgot to mention, although Anarchy Online is predominanetly Sci-Fi is also houses alot of fantasy content found in the Shadowlands. So again this provides even more grounds to roleplay with as you can either go for the Sci-Fi theme or fantasy!

Agentcora - Anarchy Online (Rimor)
    Razcull - WoW (Executus) (EU)
    Razcull - Eve Online

• AthellasAthellas Member Posts: 1

I agree so much with this thread.  I've tried all the games starting with Everquest.  EQ and roleplaying with guild mates got me started, but Anarchy Online has a great RP community.  And actual GMs that run RP events, and show up for holidays en masse. They had anniversary parties on all servers this weekend and gave out prizes with a grand prize to one lucky winner of a year paid subscription!  Gridstream Productions (gridstream.org) is heavily involved with AO events, forming a "band" in game while streaming music.  In one RP event, I  Witnessed the "arrest" of some "dissidents" by GMs and found out later they were actually put in jail for a time!!!   Members of ARK greet new players, asking if they need help or have any questions.  Guilds can request RP events.  And while the base game doesn't have necessarily the BEST graphics (free to play...the original AO with only Lost Eden expansion), Funcom has gone out of their way to avoid messing around with an excellent character customization system.  Want to be a Trox Martial Artist? Want to spend most of your time making armor/weapons/whatever as a Trader? Want to try a little bit of everything pretty much? The customization system daunts most youth, keeping AO fairly free of whiners and troublemakers.  Players tend to be more mature and smarter than the average game player. 

I love AOs expansions and despite the fact that I enjoyed the original SWG, AO continues to be the SciFi option for me and I enjoy the heck out of the roleplay aspects.  If you haven't checked out Anarchy Online, download it, log in to one of the 3 servers, and chat with people.  You'll find an intelligent friendly bunch.  Totally agree with Agentcora!

-Athellas on Atlantean server

-JW