Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indy

You know what grinds my gears? People using the world "indie" to defend incomplete and broken games. Vanguard was a pos and no one defended it. And it had alot of devs and money.

So if youre sitting in your parents basement smoking weed then turn to your friends and say..."Heyyyyyy lets make a mmorpg!"

And after getting a loan from your parents to start development....you better make a good freaking game. No freaking excuses.

Quit using the word indie as a crutch for releasing crapy games. If you cant make a good game quit dont release trash and want us to buy it!

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

You know what irks me?  People using the word "Indy" to mean "Indie" and creating false hope for me that there is an Indiana Jones game coming.  

That aside.  Vanguard was a POS but many people still defended it and continue to do so.  It also wasn't an indie.  Also, it was a POS only in that it failed to deliver anything new or interesting.  It was a perfectly playable game, there was just no reason to play it if i you were already playing another similar game - of which there were many.  (Sure, there were some minor elements that attracted certain people (i.e. people who prefer the screen to freeze for a while instead of switching to a loading screen or people who liked diplomacy (me!) or people who liked spending time recovering their corpses (i'm not being sarcastic btw, people enjoy this) etc..)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114

Ooops yea sorry bout that no Indiana Jones game. I didnt even think about that. Yea Vanguard wasnt an indie game I was just saying people tend to defend a games crapness by saying its a indie game and developer which is not a excuse at all.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

my point was that you should maybe pick an example that's an actual indie game and that people defend.   I'll help you out.  Fallen Earth is an indie game and is excellent.  I really wish it had full studio backing and higher development budget, I think it could have been something great with a little more care.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• teknicianteknician Member UncommonPosts: 270

Please don't cross-post.