Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is Anarchy online free

i was wondering, is anarchy online a free mmorpg.  Cause, wen i check it says that it costs money.  Can som1 explain wat it means.  Is this site rong or is there somthing else to it.  I hear it is free but wen i come here it always say it has monthly fee and like 10$ retail price(monthly fee is like 14$ i think).  Thximage

Comments

• VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

There was a free beta. It now costs money.

When games are finaled and released that is what happens.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Yes.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Anarchy Online like almost all MMORPG have a monthly fee. It was first $12.95 but went up to $14.95. Now that the game has three expansions released, Notum Wars, Shadownlands and Alien Invasion, they have made the original game free. That's just the original world with no access to the other expansions(though you can still see their elements). You can't can't use nanos(spells), armor, weapons from those expansions no use the other areas from those expansions or build things they allow.

Anarchy Online is the only game as of right now that has allowed this. Though if you decide to upgrade to any of the expansions you have to pay the $15 monthly fee but for right now, you can play the original game free for about a year I believe. I think they might keep it like that since they have made a deal with a company to display real world ads inside of the gmae(which actually shouldn't be a problem since there are ads from ingame stores and items already). So they won't be out of place, there are already billboards, etc in the game cities since its a SciFi game.

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

The orginal game is free until January 2006 i believe. If you want to use the expansion packs you have to pay a monthly fee however.

• spiritwolfspiritwolf Member Posts: 46

There is no longer a Client Cost or Monthly Subscription Fee for playing AO Classic. They now have ingame billboard adverts to help defray their cost, & keep it freeplay. The ingame adverts are only for the freeplayers, so paying subscribers aren't disrurbed by them.

Should you decide to move deeper into your AO experience & start playing one or more of the expansions -Shadowlands (includes Notum Wars expansion) &/or Alien Invasion - then you would have to start paying the monthly subscription fees.

But basic Anarchy Online Classic is planning on staying free, as long as it doesn't become burdensome on the paid subscriber system.