Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice patch Starvault. Game crashes on startup.

ScottcScottc Member Posts: 680

Great job.  Pretty sure I won't be resubbing after this one.

Comments

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

Cool story bro.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Thank you for your useful and informative post.  

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262

<Scottc> [18:38] <[Mahti]Zheo> go to options change resolution, start.. close game change resolution back   FIX for crash on play   try < this works.

• ScottcScottc Member Posts: 680

[18:38] <[Mahti]Zheo> go to options change resolution, start.. close game change resolution back   FIX for crash on play   try

That fixed it.  Of course I still can't play the game because all the bankers in meduli are replaced with equerry NPCs.

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

I was actually contemplating trying MO, I was in early Beta, but all I see are horrific stories of it being totally fail. So, I think I will go hide under a rock for awhile longer... :(

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Styij

I was actually contemplating trying MO, I was in early Beta, but all I see are horrific stories of it being totally fail. So, I think I will go hide under a rock for awhile longer... :(

I recommend it as well, but you should never take anyones word for truth. You are taking advice from the worst forum trolls this site has ever had after all, because MO is the target of a lifetime. It's sooooo easy to troll.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by GTwander

I recommend it as well, but you should never take anyones word for truth. You are taking advice from the worst forum trolls this site has ever had after all, because MO is the target of a lifetime. It's sooooo easy to troll.

Which is precisely why it's prudent to wait and see.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

I thought you liked my posts. :P

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by mrcalhou

Which is precisely why it's prudent to wait and see.

If you're unsure, it's always best to wait and see.

The game isn't perfect, that's certain.  But, it's also not that bad - it's only 3 weeks old, and improving.  Personally, I  think it's very playable right now, and a heck of a lot of fun, but tastes vary.

There's no harm in waiting to see how it progresses over time.  It's not a game where, if you don't start from day one, you'll be behind forever, so that shouldn't be a concern.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

And then the server died.  Nice.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Scottc

I thought you liked my posts. :P

You've been getting curmudgeonly lately, and that's my effin job.

I was talking about the "other" vocal trolls, that for some reason did the beta, wanted a refund, came back for seconds, and wanted a second refund. They make a case for credit companies refusing to charge back for these kinds of things.

I can't give names though, because that's "attacking them" and I just got off a 3-day ban over basically nothing.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

Ya, if I remember correctly it took Darkfall about a year to get pretty smooth and ironed out. Of course, by then so will that post-apoc game...I think it's called Xyson or simular.

Ya, if I remember correctly it took Darkfall about a year to get pretty smooth and ironed out. Of course, by then so will that post-apoc game...I think it's called Xyson or simular.

Darkfall was far more complete when it was released.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Just wait it out, give it a few months.  Let everything stabilize.  MO is nice because it only takes a few days to skill up and be competitive.  You can jump in a few months down the road when the game is actually ready for release and enjoy your experience more than if you do it now, when in reality the game is a paid beta.

I think MO will be a very solid title in the not-so-distant future.  I would say give it a few months.

Tecmo Bowl.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

You've been getting curmudgeonly lately, and that's my effin job.

I was talking about the "other" vocal trolls, that for some reason did the beta, wanted a refund, came back for seconds, and wanted a second refund. They make a case for credit companies refusing to charge back for these kinds of things.

I can't give names though, because that's "attacking them" and I just got off a 3-day ban over basically nothing.

Same here but only another 1 day ban....

Saying someone that done something bad/stupid by name now consists on flaming >_>

I contacted mikeb maybe something regarding these people that no longer play but keep on flaming the game regardless will be taken more seriously and not left do anything they want.