Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just got the game..............

JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Needed a new game...figured what the heck.......

So,

Can anyone tell me if its fun/going well? (I'm downloading now and a feeling of buyers regret is starting to happen..image....)  Guess I'm looking for  some reassurance.  Opinions/feedback on both ends of the scale welcome.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I'm guessing a forum isn't the best place to ask that, since you get either blatant fanboys, or trolls who only bash the game.

• BalcBalc Member Posts: 4

I did the same today, WTH could I lose 50 bucks... I got it installed and updated around 9pm... it is now near 1am...

the game is fun, but you have to be a bit open minded its not like anything else you have played really.. Atleast I have played and thats alot of MMOs.

You also need to get pasted the god im a noob im going to die... and you will... ALOT. Once you figure things out like wow i cant just run in and try to kill that dude.Game gets more fun. Way more fun. Not to mention drivin around in a car chasin people just to both end up in flames after blowing their car up and you smashing into it.

Again tons of fun.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

I played back in early closed beta, so I am not up to date on much of the new improvements, but even then the gameplay was fluid and fun.  I enjoyed my time playing it, it just didn't fit in to what I wanted in a game.

If you like the 'idea' of this game, I think you will greatly enjoy it.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

it really is unlike any other game i have played. It is casual but you def need to make strategic decisions. oh yeah, you WILL die a lot at first until you start to remember to use tactics and teamwork.

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Thanks for the feedback all.......I hope it turns out ot be fun. :)

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

I played early beta to later beta. Well, i tried early beta, then i tried a later beta phase cuz i stopped testing it. Its fun, the idea is cool. But after a weekend of playing it, its repetitive. Its basically a shooter games and the districts are your open zones. Except even thoough every game mode has a different objective in this game, its all the same really, kill the other person. Many modes even have an alternative way to win, kill the other players at least 10 times or something. So you dont feel like you accomplish much in this game. The only progression really is new weapons.

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• SylianSylian Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    but if you wanna "craft" stuff, you need to do some micro transactions

Umm, no you don't need to.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

its a $50 game, with a monthly sub for 2 combat zones, and a social zone that is f2p, but if you wanna "craft" stuff, you need to do some micro transactions

the game is about 80% customization , 10% combat and 10%  saying No to missions

its not bad, but the sub fee is kinda uncalled for in its current state, hope ya find enjoyment out of your $$ though

There are no micro transactions in this game. The only things you can buy with RTW points in this game is Action district time, items players decide to put on the market place for RTW points (You have the option of using APB bucks or RTW points on the market place to buy and sale) or Premium VOIP service (Costs 40 points which is $1 dollars worth, when you buy the game you get 100 RTW points to start with). 

There is no item mall, and the RTW points that was initially part of the manafacturing process was removed (Thankfully). 

• MrRhettMrRhett Member Posts: 3

Just make sure you always play in a group to ensure you dont get owned on every mission. Once your in a good group this game is fantastic.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

its a $50 game, with a monthly sub for 2 combat zones, and a social zone that is f2p, but if you wanna "craft" stuff, you need to do some micro transactions

its not bad, but the sub fee is kinda uncalled for in its current state, hope ya find enjoyment out of your $$ though

Quite the misinformative post you made there. Wow.

• VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Quite the misinformative post you made there. Wow.

more like slightly it seems

Maybe if the game was free, you would be posting how great the game is! Crom help us all!

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Panther2103

I'm guessing a forum isn't the best place to ask that, since you get either blatant fanboys, or trolls who only bash the game, or other posters due to their warped sense of entitlement which makes them feel their opinion is somehow lightyears more important than anyone elses's.

There fixed.

To the OP. I haven't played the game myself, but two of my friends have bought it and aren't incredibly pleased with their purchases.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I played in CB for a couple months. I was bored enough by the end of beta that I decided not to buy it. I think I may change my mind depending on how and when they implement the chaos districts.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

I finally got to play!

At the moment...its quite enjoyable.....I really like the ingame voice chat program....Well, gotta get back ingame and bust all you druggies!! :)

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

The game is way more fun if you have a group you can play with that actually are paying attention to what is going on and are not complete A$$Hats.

I can see alot of the criticism of it getting repettative and such.  It really plays like an FPS set in an open area that you get roped into small conflicts of 6v6 or so.  Just stating that since I have not really been involved in any conflicts larger than that.

One thing that kinda bugged me tho.  After winning a number of conflicts and then trying to gear up and go through inventory, I was subjected to a mission without my acknowledgement.  I became the focus of the opposing team without accepting and was killed while going through inventory and stuff.  Probably not one of the better moments in game and not sure I like this aspect of it.

Otherwise it does feel liek a fairly decent fps / mmo hybrid that is not too bad.  Interesting concept and I like to see new ideas such as this out there.  Will be interesting to see what this will inspire future developers to come up with.

As far as subscription goes.  I never offered up any funds for the sub after the game purchase.  It tells me now I have 20 in game hours to play with 100 rtw points to spend.  I am assuming this RTW is used to purchase more game time as well as other uses.  Effectively meaning I only have to pay for the time I want to play.  Something different there too.  Well, not really different, just a throwback to the old days of pay as you play games.

Is it worth the $60 investment?  Ask me in a week or so.....  Still new and shiney right now, hard to see through all that sparkle atm.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by Palebane

I played in CB for a couple months. I was bored enough by the end of beta that I decided not to buy it. I think I may change my mind depending on how and when they implement the chaos districts.

ya for sure, its funny watching your clan mates get shot down and you can't help because you are not in their mission... lol

There are two types of "groups".

Your group, who is on the current missions with you, and the team that is another group that may or may not be on another mission at the time. Groups can hear each other over VOIP, however only leaders can hear the whole team. There can be more than one group leader in a team.

Clan are people not in your group, and not in your team, but are a guild. In any other game, you will more than likely not be able to help them, or if you can, they will get a XP or reward hit for being outside of the group, essentially, a random..

Teams can esscalate to 20 x 20 matches.

Chaos rule set will simply be a free for all rule set.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I bought the game yesterday.  I was having trouble getting into the game initially as every time it finished patching it wanted me to reboot.  Just kept telling me to reboot over and over.  Solution was to go into APB's Binary folder and click on the APB icon there.  That started the game fine.

Character customization is awesome.   That's about as far as I've gotten so far.  I'm looking forward to clothing options and customization and pimping out my ride.  I like the contemporary setting.  See how it goes I guess. 

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Terranah

I bought the game yesterday.  I was having trouble getting into the game initially as every time it finished patching it wanted me to reboot.  Just kept telling me to reboot over and over.  Solution was to go into APB's Binary folder and click on the APB icon there.  That started the game fine.

Character customization is awesome.   That's about as far as I've gotten so far.  I'm looking forward to clothing options and customization and pimping out my ride.  I like the contemporary setting.  See how it goes I guess. 

Customization is indeed awesome, just don't rob yourself the experience in action district by trying to run it alone. Feel free to add me in game (Kaburan) I will be more than happy to show you all the contacts, and run some missions with you. Perhaps catch some criminals red handed ;)