Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many people play this game?

LithdovLithdov Member Posts: 173

I'd never heard of it before, but I saw the news that it was going free-to-play and that it's on sale on Steam, so I'm interested. I did some reading about it and it sounds a lot like Tabula Rasa, which I really enjoyed, so I was wondering what the player population is like before I invest in it. Can anyone help me out who actually plays?

If you want a real harsh death penalty, go play Russian Roulet. - Hamzal

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

There is a free trial on steam (which is unlimited play time, but limited to reaching level 15 with your trial toons),...it's also on sale for something like $25.  Not to mention there is no subscription fee if you do invest in it.  How many people play? Who knows? But the queue to get into pvp or pve matches take about 1 minute or less to pop, so you be the judge.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Well I've done the math before, but I think people just in towns a lone last time I was logged in was around 600 people. Plus there was 25 of each type of mission being run at the time, so 25 times 4 is 100 times another 4 is 400. Then there was like 10 pvp matches goin so thats another 200 people. Plus it wasn't even prime time, it was at like 9 at night pacific. And that isn't including AvA and conquest. So there is alot of active people on at all times. Not hard to get into anything.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 414

plenty of people play and plenty more will be getting the game now...and even more people will be returning to play when the massive pve update comes in this summer.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Lately they have been averaging about 15,000 unique players in missions a day.

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=290603#p290603

Most people play on the NA servers which you need to select manually from the mission UI if you play from the EU.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Lithdov

I'd never heard of it before, but I saw the news that it was going free-to-play and that it's on sale on Steam, so I'm interested. I did some reading about it and it sounds a lot like Tabula Rasa, which I really enjoyed, so I was wondering what the player population is like before I invest in it. Can anyone help me out who actually plays?

Just an FYI,this game isnt an open world like TR was,it has a social zone where everyone can sell/buy and craft and then there are pvp instanced zones for 10vs10 combat.

Though they will be adding a pve area in the near future.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I had to take a break when the cheating/aimbotting got to be pretty bad.

I dont know what its like know.

I may come back to it, as it was fun. But I sure as hell wont pay a monthly sub to be cheated on to the point where it was.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• KorhagenKorhagen Member Posts: 16

Global Agenda, To begin it is now free to play, all content up to the latest addons, everything from now on will come in expansion packs which we will need to purchase if interested,

they are adding mmo style content in the near future but for now you really have your "HUB" where we all hang and chat and spend talent points buy gear get shiny and so on and so forth,

then you have your mission map in which you may want to take part in an assortment of glittery options eg: ARENA, PVP maps, SOLO instanced missions, TEAM instances, you got your AVA, agency vs agency, and a bunch of other who had that you had to pay to play before but now that its all free after initial purchase it should see a rise in player base, and even before it had a large player base, i never waited long to get into any events, and there's always something to do in between. 

hope this helps.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Hokie
    I may come back to it, as it was fun. But I sure as hell wont pay a monthly sub to be cheated on to the point where it was.

Like the other guy who likes to post about "rampant aimbots" around here, you're probably just getting severely outplayed by good players. And there isn't a sub anymore either.

@OP There are plenty of players in the game, but if you're from the EU you will have to queue on the NA servers most of the time because everyone does these days (faster to get in a match). Like others said, there's not (currently) an open world to run around doing quests in like TR, but there will be "soon".

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by Dreathor

Like the other guy who likes to post about "rampant aimbots" around here, you're probably just getting severely outplayed by good players. And there isn't a sub anymore either.

@OP There are plenty of players in the game, but if you're from the EU you will have to queue on the NA servers most of the time because everyone does these days (faster to get in a match). Like others said, there's not (currently) an open world to run around doing quests in like TR, but there will be "soon".

Ah that isnt that bad. On prime time you see 1-2 matches running on EU ;)

Yeah most people queue on NA servers as it goes faster. At the weekend i could do non stop "mercenary mission" non stop. About half a day. Join pvp, leave pvp and join in 1 min again.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by Dreathor

Are there people better than me, sure. But when I sent PM's to HiRezStew (I think who it was) on names of players that I know were aimbotting, and it came as no suprise when he PM'd back that player, or that player, or that player has already been banned. With more than a few "Yes we're watching that player." PMs.

So yes, there are people that can outplay me, but yes there we cheater too, and it got to the point where every few matches I was getting aimbotted (among other questionable practices). And I was spending more time writing down names and trying to avoid the cheaters, than I was enjoying playing the game.

Like I said, it may not be bad now, I sure hope so. But it had gotten fucking horrendous to the point it drove me outta the game.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

I just bought this game, on steam with great price.

and is a no brainer for me to buy it after the dropped the subscription plan.

I really wish this game can be as successful as Guild War but they still need lots of work and contents.

But I am very optimisitc about their upcoming open world patch, that is something I really looking forward since I quit Planetside.  I really hope is something similar like Planetside !!

• gorticgortic Member UncommonPosts: 115

This game is awesome, nuff said.

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181

Well using Xfire and the activity rankings as seen here : http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

GA is just above Star Trek Online and just below Warhammer

So i'd say it's doing just fine in terms of "Activity" compared to other 'big name' MMOs , or shall i say STO is doing VERY BAD?. :)

Note: That is the rankings -right now- , not at launch [all games are much higer when they launch] , so for an INDIE game that launched on the same date as Star Trek Online without having any "franchise" behind it and ending up above STO months later sounds to me it's doing just dandy...

...and best of it all , they haven't even released the stuff everyone is -really- waiting for [the open warzones] . I bet when Sandstorm Phase 2 release the population will bump up a big notch.

Anyway, i enjoy this game alot. I also play Aion/Age of Conan and Global Agenda fits perfectly as a alternative online game when you are getting numb from all the grind and typical MMO'y combat , then you fire up GA , grab your jetpack and shoot the crap out of people :)

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Since someone mentioned Xfire numbers:

Looking at Steam's statistics there are usually at least 900-1000 people online when I'm online, which is not peak US time by the way. It peaks at around 1600-1800 concurrent users daily.

Since the game is only playable through Steam; those are accurate, probably a good few thousand people in total who play regularly.

Steam Stats Page (open up the top 100 list).

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

More than enough to keep me haveing fun, No matter what Odd/random Hour I log in with.

Its one of the only good things about small game matches. you never have to wait long to play.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams