Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars or WoW what do u like better

ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

ya i no there is about a 1000 of these forums out there but i thought i try to make it fair and have it in the pub
and u can compare what ever the hell u want so dont be like.... like i said many times gw and wow are like apples and oranges u cant compare them....
u can compare what ever u want..

Comments

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

Guild wars ... no monthly payment.. dont want to hog all the reasons so ill stop by later

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

You guys are some hardcore cheerleaders.  Why don't you ask this once it's out and people have played it? 

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Because the majority of people HAVE played it.

• fgauerfgauer Member Posts: 111
    They're both great. Will be playing both.
  • ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by ajaxx
    You guys are some hardcore cheerleaders. Why don't you ask this once it's out and people have played it?
    well most people like Gw beta then wow itself
  • TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

So not right, thats your opinion, WoW has far more players that GW, and that will stay.

Originally posted by TheWarc
    So not right, thats your opinion, WoW has far more players that GW, and that will stay.

another one of wows players amazing defenses oh wow has more players that makes it better no it dont most ppl only like wow cuz its a 3d verison of a warcraft 3 rpg mod... made worse..
    gw world preview event had like 500,000+ players and that was like 6 months ago and im sure the players have increasted.... if your gonna critize a game at least have more then...So not right, thats your opinion, WoW has far more players that GW, and that will stay.

• ajaxxajaxx Member Posts: 476

Originally posted by Shump

Originally posted by TheWarc

another one of wows players amazing defenses oh wow has more players that makes it better no it dont most ppl only like wow cuz its a 3d verison of a warcraft 3 rpg mod... made worse..
    gw world preview event had like 500,000+ players and that was like 6 months ago and im sure the players have increasted.... if your gonna critize a game at least have more then...So not right, thats your opinion, WoW has far more players that GW, and that will stay.

guld warz rulz ggnorekthx noobz!!!! 1 billion severed!!!!! increasted everday

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Guild wars is not an MMOG.

You want to play with friends only and never meet anyone then GW is for you.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

Originally posted by Jorev
    Guild wars is not an MMOG.
    You want to play with friends only and never meet anyone then GW is for you.

i thought the hole idea of guild wars was amazing pvp and gvg so how is that only with your friends u meet people get a good guild and get on the guild wars ladder and br proud of being the best guild unlike wow where u dont even have a ladder so what the fuck is there for me to accomplish in wow.. prove how shitty the hraphics are and gameplay.

so maybe it doesnt have all the things most mmorpg have and maybe its a corpg it has alot of the same things and alot of better things takes away alot of the stupid stuff in mmo

• ShadowReaverShadowReaver Member Posts: 1

I've been playing both guild wars and WoW, I personally enjoy guild wars more for the PvP and combat/team elements (no monthly fee is an added bonus but i think even if it did have a fee it would still have a fairly decent fan base). WoW is definitely fun but i found it got boring rather quickly when i ran out of things to do other than grind and wait for that next instance raid. And as far as all the nay sayers declaring guild wars is not an MMO game then ask yourself what is an MMO game...

Its a massively multiplayer game... the fact that the game is "Instanced" as it could be called in WoW does not change the fact that the game does in fact allow for many thousand players within the game world. Does WoW stop becoming an MMO game when you enter an instance dungeon? There are no longer thousands of people within that area...

Guild wars is trying something new and although its not going to appeal to people who love the tried and true MMO formula which is all good fun, it is not a reason to criticise their work. Its also interesting to see the top two hyped MMO's have both come from blizzard and ex-blizzard employees.

• hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221

Guild Wars is similar to an online FPS where you have a lobby to hang out in, and you have to spend some time to get upgrades for your character.

WoW isn't.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Played Guild Wars a few times and I thought it was pretty fun. I have no idea what the lasting appeal will be on it but it has to be longer than WoW's.

• LreguizrLreguizr Member Posts: 207

I think I plan to try out guild wars when it comes out.

• sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149
    guild wars by far in my opinion, i had the chance to play WoW for 10 days, i played for 1hr then left, i played guild wars for 3 days, played for 3 days, was very sad wen the beta event stopped, im hoping to preorder it at the end of the month

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• Garumn1Garumn1 Member Posts: 1

GW is alot more fun for a casual player, thats my pinion WoW is too boring for me

• pinkstarfishpinkstarfish Member Posts: 120

WoW was all fun and i was all hyped to play it back in december when i first got it, but withen 2 months, i havent found a single character i actually can keep playing without getting bored, the game has soooo many people out there just "grinding on quests" by themselves. i cant stand playing it because no one ever wants to quest with me unless its an instance, and the game became single player based.

... a single player game that charges $15 a month... hrm, kinda makes me want to go back and play "dungeon seige", anyways when i entered the beta for GW, they completly eliminated single person playing, you need a group to complete quests. thats the fun of an MMO, to have your own group role to play and BE A TEAM. WoW has people running around doing there own thing.

go ahead Flame me.... someone always does ::::27::

Originally posted by pinkstarfish
    WoW was all fun and i was all hyped to play it back in december when i first got it, but withen 2 months, i havent found a single character i actually can keep playing without getting bored, the game has soooo many people out there just "grinding on quests" by themselves. i cant stand playing it because no one ever wants to quest with me unless its an instance, and the game became single player based.... a single player game that charges $15 a month... hrm, kinda makes me want to go back and play "dungeon seige", anyways when i entered the beta for GW, they completly eliminated single person playing, you need a group to complete quests. thats the fun of an MMO, to have your own group role to play and BE A TEAM. WoW has people running around doing there own thing.go ahead Flame me.... someone always does ::::27::
    the real best game here is halo 2 good thing with the master chieft pic
  • pinkstarfishpinkstarfish Member Posts: 120

hahahahah!!! i love the guy that just posted above me!!!! yeah for console wars!!!!!

xbox all the way!::::22::

u should put a gauss canon on that hog qant a be....im gonna go play some xbox live...

• cube5cube5 Member Posts: 3
    I would prefer Guild wars becasue simply there is no  monthly payment and i am looking for a game with exactly that...
  • gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Yes, Halo was good, but what did it accomplish? I played it, nothing new.
    Dont take this post as a flame, I did like the game. But it wasnt original in any way.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

lol well what ever u think u cant be to original in a fps it comes down to gun vs gun but for being 1 of the first releases for xbox and having all that it was great

halo 2 doesnt add much but gives u online play and its still fun...

so far gw has a big nice lead on wow