Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After tying my game account with my forum account, Maerlyn permanently bans it in less than an hour.

rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

I repurchased MO about 3 weeks ago.  I finally decided to see what was going on with their new layout, so I decided to make another forum account.  I tied my game account into my forum account, and after making 1 POSITIVE post, I was immediately permanently banned.  Reason was "persona non grate"  meaning "an unwelcome person"

Comments

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Might have something to do with the fact that your forum account is now connected to a game account that is doing a chargeback (your second one).  If you are cancelling your account for the game, it's not valid for a customer only forum.

Just a thought

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by osmunda

Might have something to do with the fact that your forum account is now connected to a game account that is doing a chargeback (your second one).  If you are cancelling your account for the game, it's not valid for a customer only forum.

Just a thought

The subscription is still active currently. 

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I think MOs crappy too, but really, don't you have something better to do than bitch and moan on this forum all day long?

If you don't, might I suggest www.kongregate.com

Also, Dawntide is in open beta testing. It's buggy as hell, but it's free, and they aren't asking for pre-orders or anything. Hell, I don't think they are even going to charge for the client when they eventually launch.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

and after making 1 POSITIVE post,

Nice try, but everyone knows you dont make positive posts about MO

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262

I'd wager he made it positive, if just for the purpose of trolling. 

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Given that you're now in the process of your second fraudulent charge back, I can't say I'm surprised. What I am surprised at is that Star Vault hasn't set a block on your name/address/card number and notified your bank.

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

From what I understand, rlmmccoy got a refund on a game that was delayed 6+ months after the pre-orders and original release date. After the game released he decided to try it again, to see if all the smack hes been posting, is still legitimate after launch and a series of patches. Then they ban him based solely on the fact that he spoke bad of thier game in the past and got a refund for a pro-order game that was extensively delayed.

Just when I thought SV couldn't get more unprofessional, they resort to all time lows in the industry.

(I still haven't forgotten getting my beta account banned based on posts I made here in mmorpg.com. They looked up my mmorpg.com forum e-mail which matched my MO account e-mail, and banned my game account based on posts here.)

SV is truely setting the bar low aren't they?

Originally posted by MiteFiend

From what I understand, rlmmccoy got a refund on a game that was delayed 6+ months after the pre-orders and original release date. After the game released he decided to try it again, to see if all the smack hes been posting, is still legitimate after launch and a series of patches. Then they ban him based solely on the fact that he spoke bad of thier game in the past and got a refund for a pro-order game that was extensively delayed.

Just when I thought SV couldn't get more unprofessional, they resort to all time lows in the industry.

(I still haven't forgotten getting my beta account banned based on posts I made here in mmorpg.com. They looked up my mmorpg.com forum e-mail which matched my MO account e-mail, and banned my game account based on posts here.)

Companies have to pay credit card companies (and sometimes lose the ability to work through a credit card company altogether) if there are excessive chargebacks.  rlmccoy has done it twice now.  They are well within their rights banning him for doing things that damage their ability to do business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fraud

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Companies have to pay credit card companies (and sometimes lose the ability to work through a credit card company altogether) if there are excessive chargebacks.  rlmccoy has done it twice now.  They are well within their rights banning him for doing things that damage their ability to do business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fraud

Do you know anything about credit card companies? They err on the side of the CONSUMER. Why? Because of the consumer protection laws. When he does a chargeback, the vendor will be charged a fee. If there are too many chargebacks to a specific vendor, they cancel his merchant account because the card company is not making any money off the vendor, due to the chargebacks -- in fact, they are losing money.

And with the auto-renew set to being on, it's a matter of time before you see a whole slew of chargebacks to SV and them getting their merchant account cancelled. That's why I said, SV has no interest in the life of their game, it's a pure money grab now.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

at teh end of the day, is their forums, tehy can abn you if they want, why not hit up support and explain and maybe you get some sympathy, heck he still has access the game so why QQ more?

• The_GrumpThe_Grump Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Just a thought

The subscription is still active currently. 

If you are in the process of getting a refund your account is cancelled. These publishers aren't exactly stupid and it seems to me they likely cross-checked to see if you have sought a refund before, discovered that, and blocked you.

Remember, accounts aren't blocked, players are. If a company finds out that you are playing a game after getting permanently banned they will permanently ban the new account, too. Why? Because you as a person are who is banned. In this case they seem to be as tired of you as you are of MO.

A final thought: if you seek a refund from a company for their game because it is that bad or their practices are, there is no reason for you to go back. That company is going to be the same company after the next patch, expansion, et cetera and there if you don't like it then you aren't likely to enjoy it later. Please, try another game, you've informed us all of just how bad Mortal Online is.

(1)TL:DR must be your way of saying that thinking hurts. Then again, this may explain why it looks like you responded to the post without using your brain.
    (2) It's not about community, is it? You just have nothing better to do.

@ Hercules:

Other than speculation about chargebacks for next months subscription, how does your post contradict anything I posted?

@ mitefiend: 

Do you know it was about what you posted here? and if so, what did you post?

This discussion has been closed.