Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 Collector's Edition Mounts question

TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I was thinking of buying the EQ2 Collector's Edition game which has a special  mount with it.

At what lvl do I get to use the mount? lvl 1, right away or ? 

What  are mounts in-game normally available only at a certain lvl?

Thank you.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Comments

• ashfallenashfallen Member Posts: 186

Think its same as the bear mount for TSO and you can use it at first level and around lvl 20 it does become a mount.  At first its a "pet" graphic later it becomes a mount and as you level its appearance changes.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

So you're saying it starts as a pet at lvl 1 and I can't ride it till lvl 20?

As a pet does it attack when I attack a mob?

Thx

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

i think it's just a cosmetic pet. and even if it does attack, it's worthless for that.  it is a decent (and totally free) mount that you get for each of your characters.  i also believe you get it with any package that includes the TSO expansion.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• teraflop122teraflop122 Member Posts: 20

The sabertooth mount in the Collector's edition of the latest expansion is useable as a mount from lvl 1. It does not start as a pet like the TSO mount. It's a pretty decent mount, too; +65% run speed and available in both armored and unarmored graphics.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

oh right, the sabercat is unique to the collector's.  it is also widely agreed that it is - by a huge marging - the absolute ugliest thing in the history of EQ2 and even those that have them are generally too embarassed to show them in public.  I guess this adds novelty value.  (They truly are hideous though)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by arieste

oh right, the sabercat is unique to the collector's.  it is also widely agreed that it is - by a huge marging - the absolute ugliest thing in the history of EQ2 and even those that have them are generally too embarassed to show them in public.  I guess this adds novelty value.  (They truly are hideous though)

thats funny, I think the sabercat is one of the best models in the game.  that dire bear though, i cant even tell you what thats suppose to be.  Definitely not the same art department.

come to think of it, this is the first time I heard someone say that the sabercat was an ugly model.