Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

p2p games with cash shop/item mall

raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

reading another thread a few minutes ago i noticed that there are several games that are pay to play, that also have item shops/malls that are not listed as such (they show as being p2p with no mention of the item shop). is there a reason for this?

anyone else think these games should be listed as having both in them? (to me there is a big difference)

some examples- wow, sto, fallen earth

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

Comments

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by raistalin69

reading another thread a few minutes ago i noticed that there are several games that are pay to play, that also have item shops/malls that are not listed as such (they show as being p2p with no mention of the item shop). is there a reason for this?

anyone else think these games should be listed as having both in them? (to me there is a big difference)

this remind me "Never retreat never surrender" movie. If that make you happy I second your request. However, there are that many models now that it would be fair to add them with several categories.

For instance, games that sells services like server changes and race/faction changes should be advertised as such. Fluffly items are different from leveling boosts, that should be differentiated into their description too. How should it represented hybrid models as DDO?

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

your right, theres a lot of different payment models now, and deciding where to draw the line is difficult. i think that games that have in game items for sale should be shown as having a cash shop though.

just looked. ddo shows as both, as it should imo.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

If you can link me to some examples I'd be glad to investigate and sort them out. Thanks!