Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RANGED mounted combat still possible?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Hi, i remember hearing around the time the game was released that it was possible to fight mobs and whatsoever with a gun while we were mounted on a horse,

is it still possible or have they changed/disabled it? (err, god i hope not!  )

ALSO; IF it is possible, is it limited to using one-handed ranged weapons such as pistols, OR can we also used two handed ranged weapons such as rifles?

Thank you

Comments

• uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528

Well, you can't on the freebie horse nor a riding horse; however,  you MAY be able to on a Combat mount [can't afford one so I don't know, yet]

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

The last time I played I was able to shoot my rife from horseback.  I typically didn't though.

I think it is rifles on horses. . pistols from motorcycles etc. etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Ummm ... I remembered I shot Praire Chicken on my horse.

When did they disabled it ?? ( Sorry not currently sub but definitely was the first few months sub before)

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

So i recon i can still fire a rifle from a combat or hybrid horse like the westeland runner?

OR at least any other horse?

I know this might sound crazy! But im a ''Mount&Blade'' fanboi and i love online games where mounted COMBAT & Exploring is involved.

So im just trying to make sure that the mount&shoot function is still in the game before i resub :)

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by Krelian

So i recon i can still fire a rifle from a combat or hybrid horse like the westeland runner?

OR at least any other horse?

I know this might sound crazy! But im a ''Mount&Blade'' fanboi and i love online games where mounted COMBAT & Exploring is involved.

So im just trying to make sure that the mount&shoot function is still in the game before i resub :)

If it's just going to give you a big tickle to shoot guns from horseback, then yes, you can still do that. But there are very few situations where it's anything but a huge disadvantage to do so.

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

There are a few types of horse/vehicles:

Cargo: more storage

Alt-fuel: electric/biofuel

high effic: more go per gallon

Combat: can shoot from

Combat horses can use pistols and rifles

other vehicles can only use rifles I believe

But as someone already said, wont help you much to do so.

I prefer my electric bike for speed/cheapness

and eventualy i need to make a Loderunner Dune Buggy for its huge storage capacity.