Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enforcers vs. Criminals

KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

After all the speculations about enforcers being outnumbered, I was pretty impressed to see that the numbers enforcers vs. criminals are fairly the same, even favorising the enforcers a bit.

Think it will turn around on official release ?

Comments

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by Kebeck

After all the speculations about enforcers being outnumbered, I was pretty impressed to see that the numbers enforcers vs. criminals are fairly the same, even favorising the enforcers a bit.

Think it will turn around on official release ?

I hope so because It a lot easier to level as a crim right now. They might need to turn on enforcers vs enforcers. The game design around crim being the most played. I guess people want to try arresting people but it very difficult in group fights.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

The game is not designed for Crim's.  Its designed for both, and you will see the more predatory players as enforcers, instead of criminals because part of being an nforcer is going after crims.  And seeing as how they cap each faction at 50 per instance how can it not stay balanced in regards to the population per server.?

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

In Beta was the majority of times about 55% for Enforcers and 45% for Criminals. Very even.

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

in early beta it was like 70% enforcer and 30% crim. Why? Cuz an enforcer is just a crim with a tazer

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• Database82Database82 Member Posts: 179

I'm in early access right now and I gotta say it's pretty even right now, some instance enforcers outnumber crims and some instances it's the other way around. Overall though it's really even, even in stances it's not 1 to 1 it's damn close, very rare to see one side outnumber the other side too much.

Current MMO: Aion
    MMO Watch: Warhammer 40k Online, SWToR, GW2.
    Played: Planetside, SWG, EQ, EQ2, L2, WoW, RFO, KAL, MxO, Voyage, RO,Vanguard,Tabula Rasa, Horizons, CoH/CoV,, Lotro, FFXI
    First MMO: Everquest (Tunare Server, Ronin/Tide Guild)

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

It is very even, and with the large number of pre-orders showing that, I doubt that just because your to expect more launch-day entries, the distribution really isnt going to change.

• VestasVestas Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Naturalist99

in early beta it was like 70% enforcer and 30% crim. Why? Cuz an enforcer is just a crim with a tazer

Has nothing to do with the Tazer. Only reason people hate the stun weapons is that they hate the extra time involved before they respawn.  Nobody would care if "arresting" a criminal involved hitting them with a stun gun and they went right to the respawn queue. If someone got close enough to stun you, they got close enough to kill you, get over it (killing is way faster than stunning, even for the enforcer, and less risky).

Main reason enforcers are more popular is that enforcers are not hunted.  Criminals have to deal with becoming targets at ANY time.  Not just whent they choose to do missions, but they can get APB'd when out of ammo or just trying to buy a new gun, or deal with their e-mail, even in their home spawn point.  As such Criminals can't always do what they want to do, sometimes they just have to run, or are forced into a fight.  Trying to get a group together as a crim? Better do it in the social district, as if your group is split up across instances you can't help each other if one of you gets APB'd, and while you're waiting for the other one to finish a mission, you could become easy pickings yourself, unable to get your group together.  Enforcers don't have this problem therefor it can be more convenient to play one.

Flip side? Enforcers have a harder time raising prestige than crims do notoriety.  Crims get notoriety for just about anything, running people over, taking out trash cans and mailboxes, etc.  Enfrocers LOSE prestige if they run over innocents, or damage the city.    The two side, if you know the game systems, play very differently and have different priorities and it works well within the theme of the game.  But enforcers do tend to be a tad bit more casual friendly.

At the end of the day though it's probably just the Horde/Alliance problem.  New players to online games or shooters or the APB motif probably just Enforcers (Alliance) because their the "good" guys (not really in the story they're barely better than crims).  Criminals are probably on the whole more skilled, and tend to like the kick ass motif of Criminal (Horde) menality.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by faided

The game is not designed for Crim's.  Its designed for both, and you will see the more predatory players as enforcers, instead of criminals because part of being an nforcer is going after crims.  And seeing as how they cap each faction at 50 per instance how can it not stay balanced in regards to the population per server.?

Err you took it out of context. I said it design with more crim PLAYERS in mind.

It starting to balance out but there needs to be more crims then enforcers. because of the crim vs crim the number of enforcers doesnt matter.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow