Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profile Option: Allow links to open new browser tab

Deuce6Deuce6 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Can the option please be added to profiles to allow for the clicking of links to open a new browser tab instead of dragging us away from what we're reading?  I don't know if I am overlooking this option somewhere, please let me know if I am. 

I just know that I am tired of having to find my way back to where I started by having to open a new browser tab each time I want to come back to my original source after spending some time reading something from a link that took me to a specific game or developer website.  If the links could open in a new browser window/tab, my original source page here on MMORPG would always remain where I left it, allowing me to easily return to where I started.  Thanks.

Comments

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Clicking on a link with your center mouse button (or scroll wheel, as the case is) will open a link in a new tab.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I just right click the subject line and select open in new tab.  Using firefox.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

You can do this whenever you want, but choosing to open the link in a new window or tab. It is an option for everything, everywhere.

Have you ever tried middle-clicking a link, or right-clicking it? It might be interesting.

You know, people don't think to add options to do things everyone can already do. If you look around, or think through a problem, you might find the solution is easier than you it seems. It could save you time [mod edit].

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by stayontarget

I just right click the subject line and select open in new tab.  Using firefox.

That wears out my ring finger. It's exhausting.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams