Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard made my girlfriend fat !

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Haiken

Before we played this game, we used to go out every Friday, Saturday night, go to the gym from Monday to Friday and  she was near of having six pack abs, she had a tight body and she was ALWAYS taking care of how she looked.

It all started when my girlfriend and me saw the southpark episode where they played WoW, we didn't even knew that the game existed, we thought they made it up, then one day we were talking with some friends and one of them used to play WoW back in vanilla times and he told us all about this game, the next day I was going to buy 1 copy of the game but my girlfriend got mad at me because I only bought 1 for me, so I had to go back to the store and get another copy for her, so we jumped right into the game, we both make Blood Elves, she was a warlock and I was a paladin, so yeah, in this point of the game, I was very addicted to it, I just wanted to hit level 80 as soon as I could, so I played a lot and even we played a lot it took us like 2 -3 months to hit level 80, so when I hit level 80 I thought that was it, I knew you could raid and pvp, but I thought that the main aspect of the game was leveling from 1 to 80, but I was wrong, I stopped to play the game, I would only log like once every day, but she didn't she was playing it 4+ hours everyday, so I asked her what was she doing if we already were 80, she told me all about the Dungeon daily,  pvp daily, Cooking daily, JC daily, farming gold to pay flask and raids and the worst of all the Achievements, she want to get all the achievement in the god damn game, anyway, I joined her but I still didn't play as nearly much as her, she made me join this guild, so we could raid and we did, at first we didn't raid, we were just guild members, everyone knew she was a girl so immediately bunch of guys started to whisper her and flirting with her, I didn't care because it was a video game, but then when we went to vent things got worst, but I could deal with it, I was still the one waxing her ass, anyway, that is not my concern, in the last 4-6 months she has gained 40 pounds or more, she obviously doesn't care anymore how she looks like, we get random visits from time to time and she don't even care if her hair looks good nothing, she even plays while they are in the house, we still have a lot of sex, but she even made me have sex with her while she was raiding, I grabbed her and told her all these things and she won't listen, she does listen and she says she is going to stop playing so much, but I still see her long times playing and I don't want to be a pain in the ass for her, but come on. I love her but I am just worry about her, however I don't want to control her life.

On the good side, I know she is at home always and I've lot of chances to cheat on her, however I have not done it yet

I am really in a shitty situation and I came here to hear some thoughts about it and maybe some of you guys had a similar problem and can help me out. We have about a year and some playing the game.

Man what a wall of text. . first one I read through though.  I know you use commas as periods in that second paragraph. . but aside from the very last sentence the entire second paragraph does not have a period. . but gues what:  I didn't care.

My GF almost got addicted but stopped herself.  Do what you do with an addict.  Bet her something she really wants that she can't keep herself from playing for 3 months.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Well, I'm a female & I'm the one who got my boyfriend to play WoW.

Neither of us are fat, and while I do claim an addiction to gaming overall, as I like to play MMO's on a frequent basis and have a habit of game hopping, so I would definitely label it as an addiction, the difference is I know when to get up and go do something else.

I tend to rollerblade, and he does P90X, I do some of that sometimes but I hate pullups and pushups, I'd rather to Insanity (no pullups or pushups).

Not sure what you can do to get her to stop playing, it really is her decision. If you like her for more than her looks, you'll think of something to help her get her addiction sorted out.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

How can one even classify it as an addiction? It's more like a commitment to a bunch of people that count on you.

Get her kicked out of her guild, and if she'd still rather do daily quests than going out with you, then you know for sure that she has a problem.

Eleanor Rigby.

Originally posted by Treekodar

and if she'd still rather do daily quests than going out with you, then you know for sure that she has a problem.

Or it just shows a problem with him... Maybe she is bored of their relationship and WoW is actually more interesting than him? Oi.

Originally posted by Splinki

and if she'd still rather do daily quests than going out with you, then you know for sure that she has a problem.

Or it just shows a problem with him... Maybe she is bored of their relationship and WoW is actually more interesting than him? Oi.

Already said that:

I still fail to see what the problem is. If anything, you can only blame yourself. I mean, she went out with you frequently and seemed happy, but now she plays a game, not just any game but World of Warcraft. Seems like she didn't have such a good time with you if she could get addicted to that game.

If she ignores you, then it's time to find a new girl - it's that simple.

I still call shenanigans.

Oi.

Eleanor Rigby.

Already said that:

I still fail to see what the problem is. If anything, you can only blame yourself. I mean, she went out with you frequently and seemed happy, but now she plays a game, not just any game but World of Warcraft. Seems like she didn't have such a good time with you if she could get addicted to that game.

Oi.

Ah, then at least we agree! :P

Already said that:

Oi.

Yea. But like I said before, she has a problem if she still wants to do daily quests rather than going out with him. The cause however could be either extreme addiction or he's simply a boring person (other than him being shallow, something which he revealed himself).

Eleanor Rigby.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

PIHB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

How can one even classify it as an addiction? It's more like a commitment to a bunch of people that count on you.

Get her kicked out of her guild, and if she'd still rather do daily quests than going out with you, then you know for sure that she has a problem.

A commitment to other people? People that count on you? we're talking about a video game or someones family?

If you talking about a game? That's straight up addiction if one feels that way about a game and holds it to that level of importance.

Sadly most of the WoW players that i've come across feel that way and this is why WoW has the sub numbers it does, peaople are addicted to WoW, live their lives through achievements in a game rather their boring lives.

WoW might as be call World of crack.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by nefermor

Wow how very shallow.   Please dump your gf so she can find someone with a soul.   And do not empregnate anyone for manipulative purposes as one idiot suggested.   The cost that will be in terms of the rest of your life is sooo not worth it.

Maybe she gained weight cause your not fun to go out and do stuff with?

Would you say the same if a girl would show up saying "my bf got fat and is addicted to WoW"? Something like "aww the poor bf, you are probably just too boring for him"?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by maji

Originally posted by nefermor

Wow how very shallow.   Please dump your gf so she can find someone with a soul.   And do not empregnate anyone for manipulative purposes as one idiot suggested.   The cost that will be in terms of the rest of your life is sooo not worth it.

Maybe she gained weight cause your not fun to go out and do stuff with?

Would you say the same if a girl would show up saying "my bf got fat and is addicted to WoW"? Something like "aww the poor bf, you are probably just too boring for him"?

Nothings equal in this world.

If a women leaves a man because he got fat its ok because she probably just meet a better guy or he wasnt right for her.

If a man leaves a women because shes fat, he's a worthless piece of shit, insensitive and didn't deserve her anyway.

People are fucked up lol.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• segamansegaman Member Posts: 65

God damn buddy,just delete her account... I know this function exists in "My Profile".  At first,she will be hate you,etc.  But then she`ll understand that you help her. I advice you and your girl to read next: (I didnt find the original article,but you can open it in google translator) ->  http://www.gamer.ru/games/846-obo-vsem/posts/38417   

good luck

• Silas26Silas26 Member Posts: 51

Already said that:

Oi.

Yea. But like I said before, she has a problem if she still wants to do daily quests rather than going out with him. The cause however could be either extreme addiction or he's simply a boring person (other than him being shallow, something which he revealed himself).

I say you are the shallow one. You speak like he said he'd dump her for being fat. The title is just an introduction to the subject. There is more than appearances and I think you don't understand it.

Being fat doesn't simply mean that you look big. It means that your body is in poor conditions. It means that you are not taking care of yourself.

Eating food isn't bad. Playing WoW isn't bad. Not doing sports isn't bad. Replacing your life for junk is bad.

Escaping real life by playing a video game is gonna tear your life apart.

According to you, she went to wow because he was boring. boring boyfriend = waste life on wow? I call it poor logic even though I wouldn't be suprised if it was the case.

In any case, it's obvious SHE'S GOT THE PROBLEM.

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

A guy I worked with played EQ with his wife pretty much non stop. They "had" 3 kids with another one on the way and they would neglect them and just play EQ.

I can't remember how many accounts they had between them but it was upwards of around a dozen...and they couldn't even pay all of their bills because they didn't want to give up or close down any of their accounts.

Fast forward and the wife has the baby and neglects it as well. They asked one of their neighbors to come over and help with the children while the husband worked (his wife didn't have a job...or even a driver's liscense for that matter) and the neighbor said that there was garbage all over the place...kids running wild with no clothes on...baby screaming it's head off...and the mom did nothing but stayed glued to the computers and 3-boxed EQ.

Well next thing you know the First Shirt was involved, the Commander, the NCOIC's, Social Services, etc...and they took all their kids from them. Last thing I heard before I left the state was that she was expecting another child and they were still going full blast playing EQ.

Never heard if they got their kids back.

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

The title of the OP's thread annoys me. You'r GF's lifestyle made her fat. Not Blizz, and not WoW. Think before you talk.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Azerin

The title of the OP's thread annoys me. You'r GF's lifestyle made her fat. Not Blizz, and not WoW. Think before you talk.

This x1000.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

It will only get worse. As she becomes more and more consumed with the evil that is WOW you will become nothing more than a fetcher of snack foods and energy drinks.  Just be glad you didnt marry this fiend before you saw the truth.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

show us pics for lols

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

If you get her hooked on Meth, she will lose the 40lbs and quit Wow...

Originally posted by Silas26

Already said that:

Oi.

I say you are the shallow one. You speak like he said he'd dump her for being fat. The title is just an introduction to the subject. There is more than appearances and I think you don't understand it.

Being fat doesn't simply mean that you look big. It means that your body is in poor conditions. It means that you are not taking care of yourself.

Eating food isn't bad. Playing WoW isn't bad. Not doing sports isn't bad. Replacing your life for junk is bad.

Escaping real life by playing a video game is gonna tear your life apart.

According to you, she went to wow because he was boring. boring boyfriend = waste life on wow? I call it poor logic even though I wouldn't be suprised if it was the case.

In any case, it's obvious SHE'S GOT THE PROBLEM.

She gained 50 pounds, but we don't know how much she weighs now. For all we know she could be at 150 pounds now but I guess that's fat in your book. I'd rather be chubby than extremely skinny, but I guess your view on people is that they should be as skinny as the models. I'm shallow? Yeah right.

/facepalm

Eleanor Rigby.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Why are you guys getting trolled so hard?

Obviously made up wall of text.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Pics or it didnt happen

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

Well, I used to play WoW and I gain some weight myself because I stopped to go to the gym, I used to go to work and then go to the gym, but when I played WoW I had to go to work and couldn't go to the gym because I had to raid as soon as I get home, thats pretty much why I stopped to play, it took too much of my time, plus I don't really want to commit in a game, I just want to play when I WANT to, in WoW you pretty much have to do that in order to advance, is either that or join fail PuG's MOST of the time, although I've been in some good PuG's tho.

I've also have friends that told me that I was not the same and that I didn't wanted to go out with them and it was not because they were boring it was because I could get kicked out of the guild for stuff like that and for some stupid reason I didn't wanned to get kick or be replaced, anyway at the end I stopped to play WoW, I am going to the gym again and I am hanging out with my best friends once more and I have way more fun than in WoW, there are some nights that I think about getting back, but I know that if I do go back, I might get addicted to it again, so I prefer to stay completely away from it.

Before anyone jump to conclusions, that is MY case, I am not saying everyone that plays WoW is like that, but it seems to me that his GF is addicted to it.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Thats just 40pounds extra women to love.  And with cataclysm just a few months away there will be even more women to love.

What I don't get is all these people saying after they stopped going to the gym they gained weight? simple maths, don't consume more calories than you burn in a day and you'll never need to go to the gym.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

You know you need to stop playing wow, when the drop rate of your GF's pants are .1%