Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about coming back

I played AoC from the start, then i quit after lvl 80 because of the lack of content, excessive ganking mode pvp and tech problems running the game (crashes etc..)

I tried some other mmos then i came back 06 months later, not much had improved.  Im thinking about trying it again but , could someone playing the game give me some info.

how is the servers population ?  are the tech problems solved ?  how is the pvp now?   is the new endgame content worth it ?

Ive always enjoyed the AoC gameplay but its not enough if the rest is still on beta.

thx

Comments

• leobreleobre Member Posts: 12

some feedback plz ?

• DimensionalDimensional Member Posts: 79

I haven't bought the expansion personally but as a level 80 there should be a lot more content for you to go through, I've heard a lot about the grinding required in some elements though.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by leobre

I played AoC from the start, then i quit after lvl 80 because of the lack of content, excessive ganking mode pvp and tech problems running the game (crashes etc..)

I tried some other mmos then i came back 06 months later, not much had improved.  Im thinking about trying it again but , could someone playing the game give me some info.

how is the servers population ?  are the tech problems solved ?  how is the pvp now?   is the new endgame content worth it ?

Ive always enjoyed the AoC gameplay but its not enough if the rest is still on beta.

thx

Serer Populations are fine now, esp on Crom or Fury (for the EU).

Tech probs are largely sorted, The NGL PF for the Khitai Expax tskes a long time to load.

PVP isn't much better tbh, seiges are more stable (not perfect) there is new PVP content but not much, the shires of bori is implimented strangely for PVP, perhaps a serious PVP dude can add more but a sI understand it it can be controlled very easily by larges guilds and you have to farm resources...

Loads of new end game content, big tick there.

I would recommend it esp as you can grab  12 months for £68 which for a year is nothing.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I played from first day of release and didn't make it past level 23 due to the issues you mentioned in the OP.  A few friends and I came back when the expansion came out, made new characters and are having a blast.  I just hit level 40 last night on Wiccana.  Decent number of people running around and I see people putting together 60-80 instance runs all the time.

Leveled up to 40 only doing the new area added with the expansion, lot less running around than the original areas.  Plus I can see the offline advancement points coming in handy if the game ever starts to feel like a grind later on.

I haven't had any crashes or game breaking bugs pop up.  I did have an issue with a quest yesterday, but I just had to keep clicking on the world object until it finally activated.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• leobreleobre Member Posts: 12

thx for the info guys  :)