Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oblivion won't work after installing Animated Window Lighting Sys

MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I've spent hours at this now, and I just cannot figure what in the world this mod did to my game. I installed OBSE most recent version and still the game won't work. It starts up goes to a black screen and shuts down. The thing that upsets me the most is that the game is an online download since it is off steam which means 4 day reinstall, and then I have to go back in an completely rewrite the EXE files again. I don't even know if I can save my current saves, nor all the mods I previously had downloaded. I really need help solving this problem. I used OBM to install it, like I have every other mod, and now my game is just failing. It saved over some original files I believe and now I just can't run the game. What did this mod do and how do I fix it?

Comments

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

You should post this in this forum .

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/25-mods/

Oblivion Mod forums .

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

/shrug, haven't tried that mod yet. See if there's any readmes or FAQs written by the creator. Is there an error, like "Oblivion encountered an unexpected error" or something before the CTD? That happened to me once after I had conflicting .esp files (I had a weapons mod that worked in conjunction with a shield-on-back mod, but the SoB mod didn't work so I deleted it. Forgot to delete the weapons .esp and the game wouldn't even load).

Also, it took me ~2 and a half hours to download through Steam at most. Four days? You must be using dial-up. Check your settings and make sure nothing's throttling the speed. It's not the end of the world if you do have to delete and start over. Your saved games should be in Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Saves (I have Vista, may be different in other versions of Windows but I don't think so), right with your .ini file. The first time I reinstalled, I moved the folder to my desktop just in case, but it wasn't deleted.

From now on, I keep a clean backup copy of the game before I install any new mods. I think I'll steer clear of this one, thanks for the heads-up.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by Comnitus

/shrug, haven't tried that mod yet. See if there's any readmes or FAQs written by the creator. Is there an error, like "Oblivion encountered an unexpected error" or something before the CTD? That happened to me once after I had conflicting .esp files (I had a weapons mod that worked in conjunction with a shield-on-back mod, but the SoB mod didn't work so I deleted it. Forgot to delete the weapons .esp and the game wouldn't even load).

Also, it took me ~2 and a half hours to download through Steam at most. Four days? You must be using dial-up. Check your settings and make sure nothing's throttling the speed. It's not the end of the world if you do have to delete and start over. Your saved games should be in Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Saves (I have Vista, may be different in other versions of Windows but I don't think so), right with your .ini file. The first time I reinstalled, I moved the folder to my desktop just in case, but it wasn't deleted.

From now on, I keep a clean backup copy of the game before I install any new mods. I think I'll steer clear of this one, thanks for the heads-up.

Dial-up takes weeks to download 4 gigs, Oblivion is bigger, it would take a month. I know cause till three years ago I had dial-up.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB