Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else have OnLive?

SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Got the email earlier today that I was chosen for the 12 month free subscription to OnLive, so I headed to the website and registered my gaming account and got started. One thing I noticed was on some of the games, Borderlands, the mouse is very responsive, but it feels.. different. I plugged my gamepad in and it feels much more natural.

Performance is a lot better than I expected, nothing to really complain about at the moment but the resolution and pretty small selection of titles. I seen Dragon Age and a few other titles listed on the website, but they aren't in the marketplace yet. I do absolutely love the ability to easily jump in and spec anyone on any title, tho.

Anyways, I've only been playing the demos of the game before I invest in any titles over OnLive, especially since I have a good amount of the titles they offer that I'm interested in, but anyone else purchased any of the titles and put some time into it? Curious to see someone more experienced with it and their feedback.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I've only had the service for about 5 days now and although I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it(Job gets in the way) my experience so far has been nothing but positive. The only thing that has happened to me so far is during a play session in Borderlands I got what I figured was a lag spike that paused my game for about a second or two. That has only happened once so far though. I hadn't really noticed the problem with the mouse that you describe as mine seems just as resposive as if I was playing the game from a local installation. I did buy a 5 day pass for Borderlands so I could check the game out as the 30 minute demo just didn't cut it.

I do like the fact that you can demo any game for 30 minutes and it isn't some cheesy demo level either... it's the actual whole game complete with multiplayer for 30 minutes. Also I like to be able to jump in and spectate on other's play sessions as well as if they have rented the game it allows you to see more than you would from the 30 minute demo.

So far I really have no complaints and the fact that there is virtually no lag just blows me away. You can just jump into any game without downloading a thing and it plays just like it would if you had it installed on your hard drive. Granted they are only letting Founding Members play at this time so that may change when they open the flood gates to the general public but I'm more than willing to give them the chance and see if they can handle the load. So far I have to give OnLive kudos for a JOB WELL DONE!!! If I had another hand I'd give them 3 thumbs up! imageimageimage

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }