Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome Game!

reagentzreagentz Member Posts: 13

After my WoW account got hacked 2x in a 1 week period, and due to Blizzards slow turn-around to get this resolved I've quit playing, the gold farmers can have the account!

I've found a new game that's just as good if not better. It's free, decent item shop, nothing in the shop will give people a real advantage in the game. It has a great PvP system with massive arena battles, castle siege, etc. There's even a relic system in place for your nation ala Dark Age of Camelot that gives your nation additional buffs while in that nations possession. You can either PvP all day or PvE all day due to the ability to turn either on or off, OR by joining a "channel" for PvP, its like a sub-server a part of the same server your main is on. Lastly on PvP you can ultimately get enough honor to become the leader of the nation! You set the taxes, advise troops (other players) on strategies to take relics and castle sieges! You can even talk to your nation (every player of that nation) through your own personal nation chat which broadcasts like a GM but in big bold red letters!

Also the crafting system is great, you can transfer stats from one piece of gear to another, upgrade the properties on your gear, make your own gear and so on. Every players character also receives a non-combat style pet that can carry some of your loot, also give you beneficial buffs to help you fight. Speaking of loot, tired of clicking dead bodies for looting? When you drop a mob in this game all the loot goes to your bag. None of the loot is worthless either, you can sell gear you can't use on an auction house, open your own personal store, or just sell it to an NPC. Also ALL of the materials you need to craft and upgrade comes from drops, so no more running around beating on a harvesting node; You have more time to play!

Lastly the sound and music to the game is excellent and sets the mood for every area and battle. The graphics are just as good as World of Warcraft if not better! If all of this just isn't enough, there are always GM ran events going on so you can score cool game items, like posters, tshirts, items for your non-combat pet, etc.

I'm sure you're saying now, this sounds sick! What game is this?!! It's Aika!! Go check it out!

Aika - http://aika.gpotato.com/

http://aika.gpotato.com/

Comments

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Allods is another Golden Potato game.
    I found it fun for a time.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by uquipu

That's how all the Gpotato games are, lol. I never realized that till you said it. But, everyone I've ever played are extremely fun in the beginning and go downhill fast after about the 2nd or 3rd week. lol

• reagentzreagentz Member Posts: 13

I agree for the most part, but Aika seems to be different. Allods was fun but you could tell around level 10 it was gonna be a grind. I've been playing for a few weeks couple hours a day and already 25, yeah a couple hours a day, not hardcore grinding all day. I usually don't post much on game forums, just look at my post count here and how long I've been a member.

I thought it was really worth mentioning. Hope you guys check it out at least.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by TheHatter

Originally posted by uquipu

That's how all the Gpotato games are, lol. I never realized that till you said it. But, everyone I've ever played are extremely fun in the beginning and go downhill fast after about the 2nd or 3rd week. lol

Hmm...Quite true actually lol.