Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely Buggy and a Huge waste of time.

georgeslatergeorgeslater Member Posts: 5

After reading through the game description from this sight, I thought Navy Fields world be worth a try. The general idea is very good and I was super excited to get into a ship, level up sailors, fight battles, buy equipment and upgrade ships, etc....

This is what I really found.

It took me several hours to download the relatively small (~400MB) client. The hosting sites max out at 100k/s for me. I have a 6Mb connection and should easily get 600-700k/s. This was just a small bump and I figured the game would still be worth it.

I went over to "nf-guides.com" and read through a large portion of the guides while I waited for the download to finish. I also went through the startup guide on the official web site as well. So now I have invested several hours of my time into getting into the game.

Hurray the download finally finished. Lets install it. Everything seems to have installed fine so now I am ready to start it up. ...

OH WAIT, we have to download patch files at startup.... another hour down the drain to super slow servers.

HURRAY, its finally done. lets go.

Start up the game and enter my login info... "Data File is Corrupt" message pops up. Well sh!t.

Research and find a way to manually run the patch to get the game working... another hour down the drain.

Finally get the game started. Log in. Seems to be working. Get my first Frigate. Load up my crew. Go out for tutorial mission...

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Well that sucked. Restart and try again. Make it through two tutorials. Ok. CRASH TO DESKTOP AGAIN!!!! Seriously, this is getting lame.

Ok, Try to start game again.... VIDEO FREEZES.... forced to do a hard reset.

Start game again... Actually finally get into tutorial again. Press F11 to do zoom function... ALL OBJECTS ON THE SCREEN  LEAVE HUGE TRAILS.

OH and Also for some reason it decided it couldn't read the YF.data file anymore even though its in the directory.

Forced to end process and restart again.

Start again and works long enough to get through tutorials. Decide to go join a battle to get a taste of the action...

Right as I am approaching the enemy fleet... SCREEN LOCKS UP. I can hear myself being shot, but I can't see what is going on.

Have to kill process again to get out...

Now Game wont start. WTF!!!!

"If all else fails, or even at first sight of trouble, often the best way to fix problems

in NF is an Uninstall, Re-download, Re-install."

What a Eff-ing joke. Thanks for wasting my time A-Holes.

Avoid this game like the plague (Unless you like that sort of thing).

Comments

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I had none of these problems. Not one.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.