Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely disappointed you were not at E3

13»

Comments

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

there is no reason for them to waste money on E3....everyone needs to wait for Gamescom in Germany in two months and we will see a hands on demo of GW2...i for one am super excited to see them at the San diego Comic Con, will the game be there...NO, but the book will be and signing and hopefully a panel talking about lore. i played GW and bought each expansion when i can out..i am already a fan and a believer in A-net...

but i mean really  there was no need for them to be at E3...its only good for hype, and trust me even SWTOR only got what 30 minutes of air time on G4 and the same interviews with god knows how many different website all the say the same thing.

i can wait another two months for  hands on demo from Germany 

EDIT: link

" (August 19-22) – This is the big one folks! I’m happy to announce that we will unveil the first public hands-on demo of Guild Wars 2 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany! If you want to be the first in your guild to play GW2 (and you’re in Europe), this is the show to attend. Naturally, we’ll have tons of ArenaNet staff on-hand, including studio head Mike O’Brien and German community manager Martin Kerstein, plus lots of cool activities. But let’s face it; we know it’s all about the game. We’ll have more details about the GW2 demo in the near future."

http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanet-hits-the-convention-circuit

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

Nice one needalife ^_^

I think this seals why they weren't at E3, they were *almost* done with the first demo, no point going there with nothing when everyone is working to get the demo out...

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

ArenaNet doest need to be there anyway. I like that they think of the fans.

To be honest E3 nowadays looks like a brothel for nerds.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

They definitely have valid reasons for not going... though in hindsight, it's really a shame they didn't have the demo ready to go and end up showing up at E3. Just look at the lack of anything really extremely interesting in the MMO world coming out of E3. If the game is going as well as it sounds, they could have put most of their competition there to shame and left knowing that they were one of the top, if not the most impressive game there. Oh well, as they said, they're more concerned about showing off for the fans at the upcoming events, looking forward to it.... damn i wish i could make it to germany.

• MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by arenasb

You know who else wasn't at E3? Blizzard.

Blizzard has their own convention that sells out in 10 minutes!   They don't "need" to go to any others.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Mysticshaman

You know who else wasn't at E3? Blizzard.

Blizzard has their own convention that sells out in 10 minutes!   They don't "need" to go to any others.

This is correct though I forgot, doesn't ArenaNet have 10 mill strong playing the original Guild Wars and can afford to pick and choose where they want to go ? (being sarcastic) It is really my only gripe with ArenaNet, their marketing has always been pitiful. I'm hoping in the near future it will change for the better.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Originally posted by SaintViktor

"E3 – First, let’s get one of the most-asked questions out of the way. We are NOT going to be on the floor at E3. We really have mixed feelings about E3. On the one hand it can be a great centralized way to meet press and retailers. On the other hand, it’s anti-fan. As the marketing guy, if I’m going to spend a boatload of money on a booth, videos, props, etc., I want to be able to share it with the folks who’ll geek-out on it the most – the fans! IMO, E3 could steal a page from gamescom, which is a combination of a civilized business/industry area and a showy exhibit hall that’s open to consumers. If they did that, E3 would be a no-brainer in my book"

http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanet-hits-the-convention-circuit

As I said it is about cutting corners to save a gas tank of gas.  "if I’m going to spend a boatload of money " From Seattle is it really a boatload of money from E3 ? LoL anyway....

A tank of gas?  You think if you just show up at E3 they give you floorspace?  Getting the floorspace and setting up the event does indeed take a boatload of money.  Why spend that money if the fans aren't going to be there to see it?  Better to spend it elsewhere.  That's just smart business.

I'm pretty sure what I got on FFXIV and TOR wasn't worth whatever SE and Bioware spent.  A bunch of mashed together reviews on people who don't seem to know much about what they are reviewing has not been that informative.  I know about as much about those games now as I did before E3.