Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players of AO are in protest, boycotting the Item Mall.

doomsent27doomsent27 Member Posts: 6

Recently most of the veteran players of Atlantica online have voiced their concerns about the direction that the game has taken over past months, they are trying to rally an Item Mall Boycott in protest and trying to get their concerns noticed, they want things to change for the better before such a great game gets sunk more than it already is. The link to the forum thread can be found here http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATForum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=39304&posts=64&start=1, visit the AO offical forum under Palatino Plaze "Possible IM Boycott".

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Most? Looks more like a few.

And to be honest, most "veteran" players I know in game actually just buy gold from a farmer. It's more cost effective (if you don't get scammed). 

Anyway good luck with it. Won't do anything. AO pretty much killed off whatever inclination I had to ever play a "free to play" MMORPG again.  I thought Sword fo the New World was bad. But AO is far, far, far worse. Lawyers would be ashamed of the sort of practices Ndoors engages in.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• michaeld1michaeld1 Member Posts: 1

Well after much pandering by GM's they froze thread what does this say about their professed care about players??

• ZookzZookz Member Posts: 244

It's a real shame because I enjoyed the strategic turned based PVP in this game. Their scam boxes are just far too much for me to stomach anymore. 

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122

It was really weird.  Last night they had a GM on that thread making inroads and working hard to listen and placate the angey players, and then this morning that moron Czar closed the thread undoing all of her work to calm us down.  What a tool.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Well I am moving my buttocks to another game, the lack of professionalism, the abusse of power and the total diregard and total discrimination against non-asian players have destroyed this game, the devs are a bunch of morrons who only care about ther asian customers relegating us the European and american costumers to a position worse than step child. The lack of interaction between the devs and the excuse that they "DONT SPEAK ENGLISH" is a bunch of nonsense, I have watched the CEO speaking in perfect English, so I say to all who read boycott the game. I am not giving them 1 more penny.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• GenosansGenosans Member Posts: 17

You know I can’t really say with any certainty but did all these morons work at SOE at some point or another, because the industry in general made it clear that they would never to duplicate the embassy of Moron’s that work for the same think tanks employed by SOE, to give them such advice is as worthwhile as offering a great white free teeth whitening, wonder how far there going to stick the arms out before they get their heads bitten off !!

• trojan99trojan99 Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Lawyers would be ashamed of the sort of practices Ndoors engages in.

lawyers are not ashamed of anything

but @ op, ive been engaged in a personal boycott of the item mall for several weeks now. rallying for a game wide boycott of the item mall on the ndoors forums most likely breaches the ToS/ToC for the game and its forums and iis not a bright idea in any case.

item mall will always be a battle of the haves versus the have nots with a few ppl in the middle. im self decribed as a mid-level item mall player, meaning, one who is aware of a budget but 20 bucks here and there wont kill me.

that being said, atlantica punishes those of us mid level IM users with the randomness of purchases which was the catalyst for my boycott. you simply cannot take real money without a gaurantee of valued virtual goods being received in return. those without a budget or those not using their own money, dont care too much and spam 100 bucks at a time. no big deal to them. i would choke myself blue if i ever sxpent 100 bucks at a clip in any IM, nevermind one that gives crap for your money. not cz i dont have it, but bcz im not willing to give any f2p more money at 1 time than my subscription games get in 7 months. 100 bucks and luck no longer applies, volume will lead to nice items. but those of us using 2 boxes at a time, meh, we are screwed.

so i support you in spirit but your chosen method of poking the bear in its own cave aint the brightest. published boycotts can lead to critisisms of sour grapes anyway. best to remain silently principled and let atlanticas accountants figure out there is something wrong. no one likes to be told anything, especially not game devs..which is why games suck atm.

in any case, until atlantica offers set prices for set items, i will not buy another thing in the IM.