Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Game(s) Got You Started?

14567810»

Comments

• The_GrumpThe_Grump Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by shylock1079

This is a funny question, because I recently had a discussion with a few old friends concerning this exact topic.  When I was a kid I watched my father play Dragon Quest (NES) Lufia (NES) and Final Fantasy I.  But you know, as a real young kid we got this game (I can't remember the title) and it was a hybrid board game with little game pieces.  These pieces could be arranged like walls on the map so you could build your own dungeon. There were these evil plastic avatar's too. Orcs, gobs and such. Each player had a character class with individual abilities like most rpgs.  The point was different in that you simply tried to reach the end of the customized dungeon or the board.

I loved the cards!  The ones with all the detailed information about your character.  As we grew up my brother and I started to lose the pieces and was forced to adapt the game with our own rules and storylines until it was no longer the original title but something altogether different.  To this day I think back to that game as one of the key influences that inspired me to be a professional writer.  

Heroquest! I had that game when I was younger too, along with two of the expansions. I even painted the miniatures. image

(1)TL:DR must be your way of saying that thinking hurts. Then again, this may explain why it looks like you responded to the post without using your brain.
    (2) It's not about community, is it? You just have nothing better to do.

• foseanusa25foseanusa25 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 4
    The_Grump said:

Originally posted by shylock1079

This is a funny question, because I recently had a discussion with a few old friends concerning this exact topic.  When I was a kid I watched my father play Dragon Quest (NES) Lufia (NES) and Final Fantasy I.  But you know, as a real young kid we got this game (I can't remember the title) and it was a hybrid board game with little game pieces.  These pieces could be arranged like walls on the map so you could build your own dungeon. There were these evil plastic avatar's too. Orcs, gobs and such. Each player had a character class with individual abilities like most rpgs.  The point was different in that you simply tried to reach the end of the customized dungeon or the board.

I was initially introduced to the world of gaming through a variety of titles, but one game that left a lasting impression on me is "The Last Stand" by Airtight Games. This captivating action-adventure game immersed me in its rich narrative, challenging gameplay, and immersive world-building. The attention to detail and innovative mechanics showcased by Airtight Games truly set "The Last Stand" apart, sparking my passion for gaming and igniting my curiosity to explore more titles within the gaming industry. If you're seeking an unforgettable gaming experience, I highly recommend checking out Airtight Games' portfolio at https://airtightgames.com/ . Their dedication to delivering high-quality gaming experiences is evident in every title they produce.

Heroquest! I had that game when I was younger too, along with two of the expansions. I even painted the miniatures. image

What a nostalgic trip down memory lane! It's amazing how certain games from our childhood leave such a lasting impact. Heroquest sounds like an absolute gem with its hybrid board game concept and customizable dungeon-building mechanics. It's fascinating to hear how you and your brother adapted the game over time, adding your own rules and storylines to make it uniquely yours. It's clear that Heroquest sparked your creativity and inspired your journey as a professional writer
    Post edited by foseanusa25 on