Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Embarrassing (and funny) Moments

GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

Probably one of my favorite things about MMOs are the funny and oft times embarrassing events that occur to players during their travels thru various virtual worlds.  I'd like to hear some of your tales if you care to share them. A few of mine follow;

During my tenure in EQ, I quickly earned the name "Sir Glurgalot" or "Gurglespeak" (my character's name was Grymspeak). You see, it seems I had an aversion (or incredibly bad luck) to water.

Incident #1. Late one evening I stepped off the boat in the Sea of Tears on the midpoint island (forget the name) and hit auto run to get to the other dock so I could catch my connecting voyage. As I said it was late, I was tired, and got up to go to the restroom forgetting I had hit the autorun. When I came back, my avatar was standing at his bind point in front of Freeport. I had to travel all the way back to the island, point myself in the general direction and try to find my corpse at the bottom of the sea. Took me all night and the assistance of a few guildmates.  I still have to listen to this story by those folks whenever we chance to meet.

Incident #2: Traveling through Runnyeye and swiming down the well where the gelantinous cube lived. Water there is not very deep and the swim to the next chamber is not far. I got turned around when the cube attacked and i drowned. It wasn't until after the fact I remembered my rebreather in  my backpack.  Again, a story that I often hear around old guildmates.

Incident #3: I even managed to drown in the pool outside of Mistmoor. Go figure.

Looking forward to hearing your tales.

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

I camped an epic quest NPC in original EQ for 3 real life days. The idea was to hand her an item when she appeared. She finally appeared and I accidently auto attacked her. She killed me.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Wiped the raid in WoW on Kil'Jaden on 1% because I was excited that we will kill him and at the same time guess I paniced and activaded a shield too early. The shield went down just as he finished casting his wipe all spell.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I know someone who tea bagged someone's dead character. Moments later the parent of the young girl sent him tells questioning what he was doing to her.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

fapping with ventrilo activated. 

Thats why push-to-talk is your friend.