Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information about gameplay please!

InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

What I miss on this site is brief and to the point information about the gameplay of each game. Looking at the many games listed it's like a mess of a jungel just to find out details that will make you stay with, or away, from the game.

If we want to find out the graphical quality, we can look at the screenshots and get a decent impression of what it offers in that department.

But if we want to find out to WHAT EXTENT a game have PvP or PvE.... in example both Darkfall and Lotro have PvP, but they are pretty different....

There's a huge amount of games that haven't gotten any votes at all, maybe people have been overloaded with non relevant information to even bother trying some of them?

I was trying to find out what kind of PvP Vanguard have, because if it had a certain type of PvP I might give it a shot. But I can't be bothered looking thorugh all the blah blah blah, and tons of forumpages to find a useful post from a helpful poster, and  I couldn't even find relevant info on their website within the time I should have found it.

And you got some 300 games on this site, people with real lifes don't have time and effort to go through all of that, and that I'm pretty sure of, results in games like WoW having tons of subscribers, when some of them might be just as content or more with some of the other games listed. That's what I end up doing, I look at the ratings on this site to pick a game, because I cba doing an investigation on all.

And you can't just write long long articles on games filled with cliches, get to the point and inform the consumers what their options really are, in a brief and to the point manner.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

In other words you want some else to play every game on this website. Provide feedback on every detail of the game. Provide that feedback in less than 200 words. 

No problem.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

Well I'm certainly not going to play through all these games to find out what they are all about.

But if you're going to nitpick, which it sounds like you're going to do, then I'll say that players can provide comments on the different subjects along with more precise info from the people running the site.

The way it is now it's like loking for needles in haystacks alot of the times. If you're going to make it difficult for the consumer, the consumer will simply ignore you.

Originally posted by Inzra

Well I'm certainly not going to play through all these games to find out what they are all about.

But if you're going to nitpick, which it sounds like you're going to do, then I'll say that players can provide comments on the different subjects along with more precise info from the people running the site.

The way it is now it's like loking for needles in haystacks alot of the times. If you're going to make it difficult for the consumer, the consumer will simply ignore you.

True. You could always go to another website that provides this concise information that you seek.  Good luck.

It is my opinion that other than the various article authors, who are paid per piece, that this website employs less than 10 people full time. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

Well I don't really think it would help as a site suggestion to go to another game site, but if I don't find much info even on the official site, then I just skip that game. Which is too bad if the gameplay in it deserved better.

What mmorpg.com need to do is organize the info for each game much better so that it becomes easily available for players, to compare all these games in a fair way. If someone say a game is amazing and innovative and whatnot, that means nothing to me if I end up finding out I don't like the overall gameplay anyway. That's just a waste of time and money, if you paid for it.

Anyway it's a suggestion, I'm pretty sure players would appreciate and add their own info. i don't expect the site staff to be updated on all the games at all times, but players could probably help with that.

• The_GrumpThe_Grump Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by grunty

In other words you want some else to play every game on this website. Provide feedback on every detail of the game. Provide that feedback in less than 200 words. 

No problem.

This isn't it at all. Extend some charity to the OP and actually read what they wrote. They are looking for actual explanations from people that have played the games, not for people to play for them, viz. people who have already played the game sharing their considered experiences.

(1)TL:DR must be your way of saying that thinking hurts. Then again, this may explain why it looks like you responded to the post without using your brain.
    (2) It's not about community, is it? You just have nothing better to do.

Originally posted by The_Grump

No problem.

This isn't it at all. Extend some charity to the OP and actually read what they wrote. They are looking for actual explanations from people that have played the games, not for people to play for them, viz. people who have already played the game sharing their considered experiences.

Also known as the forums. There is also a ratings/hype page for each game where people can leave their comments about gameplay. Good luck policing a couple of hundred thousand people leaving only rational unbiased statements on gameplay.

Originally posted by Inzra

What I miss on this site is brief and to the point information about the gameplay of each game. Looking at the many games listed it's like a mess of a jungel just to find out details that will make you stay with, or away, from the game.

If we want to find out the graphical quality, we can look at the screenshots and get a decent impression of what it offers in that department.

But if we want to find out to WHAT EXTENT a game have PvP or PvE.... in example both Darkfall and Lotro have PvP, but they are pretty different....

There's a huge amount of games that haven't gotten any votes at all, maybe people have been overloaded with non relevant information to even bother trying some of them?

I was trying to find out what kind of PvP Vanguard have, because if it had a certain type of PvP I might give it a shot. But I can't be bothered looking thorugh all the blah blah blah, and tons of forumpages to find a useful post from a helpful poster, and  I couldn't even find relevant info on their website within the time I should have found it.

And you got some 300 games on this site, people with real lifes don't have time and effort to go through all of that, and that I'm pretty sure of, results in games like WoW having tons of subscribers, when some of them might be just as content or more with some of the other games listed. That's what I end up doing, I look at the ratings on this site to pick a game, because I cba doing an investigation on all.

And you can't just write long long articles on games filled with cliches, get to the point and inform the consumers what their options really are, in a brief and to the point manner.

I agree with your overarching point, but you aren't simply trying to make a point here: you're looking for a game to play. What sort of PvP and PvE content are you into, what particular aspects of it? This may help people who are interested in building community help you out.

(1)TL:DR must be your way of saying that thinking hurts. Then again, this may explain why it looks like you responded to the post without using your brain.

No problem.

Also known as the forums.

I'm going to be blunt and call bullshit. To respond in the manner you did is to say that  you don't really care about being helpful, you just want to opine...only not in so many words. Responses like that are the reasons that people who geuninely want help don't come to forums, they read things like that and decide that the (often) little information they get from official sites will have to do. If you can't help the person you are responding to in some meaningful way, whether clarifying their argument or answering their question, you really don't belong posting. Mere opinions are useless and harmful clutter, just look at Congresswoman Michelle Bachman.

No problem.

I'm going to be blunt and call bullshit. To respond in the manner you did is to say that  you don't really care about being helpful, you just want to opine...only not in so many words. Responses like that are the reasons that people who geuninely want help don't come to forums, they read things like that and decide that the (often) little information they get from official sites will have to do. If you can't help the person you are responding to in some meaningful way, whether clarifying their argument or answering their question, you really don't belong posting. Mere opinions are useless and harmful clutter, just look at Congresswoman Michelle Bachman.

Are you including the opinions of the original poster in that?  It is an opinion about the content and formatting of this website that he is expressing. My opinion differs.

No problem.

Are you including the opinions of the original poster in that?  It is an opinion about the content and formatting of this website that he is expressing. My opinion differs.

Your opinion differs from theirs and that is one definition of an argument, two differing points of view meeting. It's almost as if you are willfully trying to miss the point, I honestly don't understand it.

No, of course I am not including the OP. The OP is an informed opinion and contains detail, clearly stating its case. Mere opinion is just that, mere opinion, and contains nothing at all helpful or detailed. Your posts have done nothing helpful in this thread, have cleared nothing up, and merely state your opinion. Opinions can be based in fact, they can be strong and good or weak and poor, they aren't all merely opinions. I don't know how many more ways I can explain it to you and especially because you seem to not want to understand, you seem to merely want to opine -well, you seem to want to opine and misconstrue what folks say because you can't get it around the wall that is your mere opinion.

And I'll leave it at that.

No problem.

Your opinion differs from theirs and that is one definition of an argument, two differing points of view meeting. It's almost as if you are willfully trying to miss the point, I honestly don't understand it.

No, of course I am not including the OP. The OP is an informed opinion and contains detail, clearly stating its case. Mere opinion is just that, mere opinion, and contains nothing at all helpful or detailed. Your posts have done nothing helpful in this thread, have cleared nothing up, and merely state your opinion. Opinions can be based in fact, they can be strong and good or weak and poor, they aren't all merely opinions. I don't know how many more ways I can explain it to you and especially because you seem to not want to understand, you seem to merely want to opine -well, you seem to want to opine and misconstrue what folks say because you can't get it around the wall that is your mere opinion.

And I'll leave it at that.

As is your opinion about other people's opinions.