Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

probably rejoining, have a dumb question.

sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

When I return to a mmo after a long hiatus I tend to make a new charecter.

problem is alot of the neat little expansion things I got  that I had to claim are on another charecter.

has anything in regards to one time only preorder items been fixed to where i could transfer them to another charecter.

sorry for lack of info it was a long list of items so dont have specifics.

Comments

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

AS far as I know the "one available" items can't be traded. But most of the vet stuff is "one per character" even newly created ones.

• wertaxwertax Member UncommonPosts: 68

As far as i can tell, the items where you can only claim 1 per account(theres also items of 1 per character),

will get fixed to that character where you claimed the item on, so even if you delete the character the item will be gone.

Unless that item is a house item, you place it in the house of the new toon(if its on the same server),

then you can later right click it with the new toon and select claim it as your own.

(even when you delete the original toon, the claimed house item will stay in game).

So in other words most of the times the item will be gone, so be very sure to know where you claim

items that are only claimable 1 per account. Its irreversable unfortunately.

Greetings,

Ortahr

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

pitty if I remember that bear from the last expansion was one time online not one per charecter

because I was leaning towards making a Warden isntead of playing as my sarnak coercer.

hmm here is a question. is halas neutral? aka can my sarnak go there without being slaughtered by guards cause he;s of thegorowyn faction?

If it is neutral I might just beable to make most of this work hah

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

halas is a good city, so you'd have to betray.

bears are 1 per character.  

since last you played, a new concept called "HEIRLOOM" items has been added.  Many items are now "HEIRLOOM" which means that as long as the item is not attuned it can be passed to your alts.  Many items became unattuned when this was introduced and many of the special goodies given to account are now HEIRLOOM.  I'd log in and check the items you want.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

gorowyn being evil was always a thorn in my side. to  me it never made sense plot wise to have them joined with the iksar, their hated enemy.

but cest la vie.

if I do betray my cold blooded reptile do I have to take stuff out of my house first? lol

oh and hopefully last question for awhile... is sentinels keep worth it for new chars> er what level is best to get the expansion>?

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

there is something called a "packing crate" that let's you pack up everything in your house.

i strongly suggest just starting a new character in Halas though.  i can't imagine you to have accumulated so many priceless things.

SF has nothing for low level characters.  Halas was supposed to be part of SF but launched separately, so i don't think SF is required for it, although I'm not 100% sure.

SF raises the level cap and AA cap, so there is that, but you won't care about those until 80.   Do you have all the other expacs?  SF comes with the others, so it might be a good deal if you don't.  Otherwise, don't buy it yet.

on the lore thing:  eq2 lore is and always has been absolutely terrible and irrelevant.  developers make up random stuff to suit whatever they're doing and then later justify it with ridiculous stuff.  for example, a few years ago there was a developer that posted offically that "none of the cities are "good" or "evil"" about a month before the character selection page was changed to specifically say "good" and "evil" at selection. don't pay any attention to this stuff or you'll just get frustrated.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by arieste

there is something called a "packing crate" that let's you pack up everything in your house.

i strongly suggest just starting a new character in Halas though.  i can't imagine you to have accumulated so many priceless things.

SF has nothing for low level characters.  Halas was supposed to be part of SF but launched separately, so i don't think SF is required for it, although I'm not 100% sure.

I can say with 100% certainty that SF is not needed for Halas. I created a new account this month using a EQ2 Classic key (no expansions), trying for a "classic" gaming experience. Initially, the only "claimable" item was the wrapped painting from the original game, but I had access to all the content up to RoK including AA points. After a while, a few more items showed up in claims: the Day 1, 7, 30, 90, 182 and 365 Vet Awards. Content for DoF, KoS, EoF, RoK and the adventure packs are all playable even though they are not mentioned on the Station account subscription screen.