Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screen Tearing//Polygons bug?? Help

MastafrankoMastafranko Member Posts: 2

Hi! I bought a new computer about 4 days ago and I'm getting these screen tearing or polygons bug, whatever it is on any games I play. I updated my graphic card drivers and found out it didn't do anything. I'm wondering what may be causing this bug because it is really making my games look really bad.  Can anyone help tell me what I can do to prevent this from happening again? Thanks

Ah yes..

My pc is a intel core i7 with 8gigs of ram

My graphic card is a Geforce GT 230

If you need any more info on my computer settings let me know!

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Check for overheating of the videocard.

You might have a bad videocard.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MastafrankoMastafranko Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by stayontarget

Check for overheating of the videocard.

You might have a bad videocard.

What do you mean by I might have a bad videocard?

I doubt it might be overheating since it is actually new

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

When Video Cards are fabbed sometimes duds make it through Quality Control.  Probably about 1~3% of video cards released are duds and will exhibit problems out of the box.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

It could be your vid card, or it could be you have a cheap power supply that isn't putting out enough juice. Also, if you have tried to overclock you might have messed something up and you system is unstable. In your bios reset everything to optimized settings. Good luck.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Yup polygon corruption is almost always an overheating or bad video card. Since it's brand new it's probably not overheating and is just a dud card. If it is overheating it'd be due to bad application of the heatsink - not something you can redo without voiding the warranty.

You'll have to get it exchanged or warrantied. You can try underclocking the card if you want to play games until you get that taken care of though.