Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=577127

Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Despite some of our members being on vacation it always seems like we are lucky if there is room to breathe. The cook who runs the office cafeteria makes fun of me for not having time to eat lunch. This week was nothing different. I went 2/5 for lunch.

With that really important detail out of the way...

Join the team!

Our Durham, North Carolina office is looking specifically for an "L33t AO player" to join our in-game customer service team:

Customer Service Representative

Before I receive 200 mails about this:

You need to be able to work in the USA.

Yes...unfortunately you will have significant amount of contact with me.

This is an opportunity to cram a foot in the door.

New Services

Paid Name Change

Paid name changes are available for all characters of all levels. Been wanting a new name for 9 years? Now you can get it. 1000 paid points.

Create a Veteran Account

Create a sub-account to your current account. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course also retains these items. It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.

Die neue Welt Character Copy

Players with too many characters to have them all on one account can now use this service to move all their DNW characters to a new veteran account on DNW. Once moved to a new Veteran Account characters can be moved to RK1 or RK2. As this new account is a veteran account it will of course include 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and virtual items copied from the existing account. The existing account of course will also retain these items. 2000 paid points.

Birthday Number Nine!

Kintaii has put together an article containing some more detail about what we can look forward to for this year's birthday. It is available in this forum so I don't really know why I bothered waiting for him to post it before I wrote this. I can't believe we are nine. This was a jarring as finding out that attractive actress I saw on TV the other day was born in the 90's. Again...damn.

This weeks update:

This update will obviously contain this years' birthday goodies...and a few other things:

1. The Alien Missions currently available from the Daily Mission system have been temporarily removed from the game as we retool these playfields for the inclusion of the Alien Daily mission update. These missions were not scaling perfectly with the level of the player resulting sometimes in near "impossible missions". When they return in the update AFTER the birthday they will scale exactly to the level of the player and offer significant AXP rewards.

2. Based of a conversation I had with one of you in-game there have been some changes to XP, Pool and the "Disable XP gain" option. Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research. This should make "killing yourself" less necessary for those who really don't like to waste XP...and also hopefully less people miscalculating and accidentally leveling their twinks despite the fact that we have a "No XP" option. Should you choose to /terminate now your lost XP will also now go to pool when before it would have gone nowhere.

3. More fixes to Daily Missions.

Engine Video (or lack thereof)

I'd like to apologize for there not being a video available for the new engine yet. We are currently without a video producing guy here in the Oslo office for the last while and the chances of me getting it done (let alone making a good one) have been slim as my time has been more than occupied. I'm not sure at this point when we will be showing a video of the new engine...but the work is continuing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Colin Cragg

This "Means" Cake

Game Director/Producer

Filmed in 70's "tall-vision"

~\_/~\_O

Comments