Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So.. Open Beta..

flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

How OPEN is it exactly? I've signed up for Open Beta, but where do I login, and where do I download the game to participate in the Open Beta?

Comments

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Where is an open beta for JGE?

It's still the normal beta-application you can do for a year allready.

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

"Congratulations, you are signed up for the Open Beta. Please fill out this additional form if you would also like to sign up to the Closed Beta.

There are a limited number of Closed Beta spots available and not everyone that applies will be admitted. Closed Beta testers will be selected based on a variety of factors, including computer system specs, game experience and community involvement. The Closed Beta is limited to players 18 years of age or older, and requires the acceptance of a Non Disclosure Agreement provided upon your acceptance."

Still, there is no info on where to download or anything..

Yeah, but there's no open beta so far.

You just signed up for it and can join the open beta once it's actually there... in a few month at best :p

LOL, so you mean I could pre-order it before it's even planned, then? Haha.. What kind of noob game is that sh*t?

Pre-order will be available soon(tm). You can't actually preorder it so far.

Originally posted by jrs77

And I'm really really surprised that you can't pre-order. Since they have open beta sign-ups, but no open beta running. They could have made it avaliable to pre-order, without a game! To finish off their noobish way of doing things.

Think I'll pass on this game, due to they way things are being done up to this date.

Yours,

MMOhound

If you're looking for a action spaceshipMMO, then look out for Black Prophecy maybe.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out ;)

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

Originally posted by flaZh

LOL, so you mean I could pre-order it before it's even planned, then? Haha.. What kind of noob game is that sh*t?

Are you new to MMO? This sort of thing is standard. Things like Beta, being free and for testing purposes, are not a right players are given. You apply, and if they need some testers you have a chance of getting in. As for preorder, some games allow pre order a year before launch, others don't. I don't think Jumpgate does though.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

Originally posted by impulsebooks

Are you new to MMO? This sort of thing is standard. Things like Beta, being free and for testing purposes, are not a right players are given. You apply, and if they need some testers you have a chance of getting in. As for preorder, some games allow pre order a year before launch, others don't. I don't think Jumpgate does though.

No, I'm not new. Been in a dozen of open betas, and I know what a OPEN beta means. But it seems it's currently in closed beta. But usually they don't have applications for Open beta, cuz it's open; it's just to register, download and play.

And no, Jumpgate surprised me that didn't have pre-order. Which as you said, they usually have a few months before launch. But again, Open Beta sign-ups, and no open beta running is like opening for pre-order before making the game!

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

You haven't followed this game much, I can tell.

I'm not sure if they were close beta or still in Family and Friends testing.

The game was near complete but testers of the game, felt it wasn't "fun enough" and the spend the last year revamping the game, silently... which why alot of people though the game was vaporware because of this.

They just release some info at E3 about what they had been doing the pass year.

Oh you can pre-order the game on gamestop website.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

Got the impression they were struggling with a major desync issue myself ;)

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

its not even in closed beta yet, so you have a while to wait.  They decided to redesign the game after the initial alpha testing, and we are just now starting to get info after almost a year of info blackouts.  

And yes, pre ordering long before any release dates is the norm in the MMO world.

• FulcanelliusFulcanellius Member Posts: 8

"pre Order" tab on theri website has been there off and on for 2y+ now. "Beta Applications" have been the same.

Love this game looking foreward to it, but dont give them any attention until they have something substantial for us.

WOW 280k+ beta apps!.....yeah thats going to happen when you leave sign ups open for 2-3y..........

They made game they tested game they blew up Ncsoftf servers, gratz to the dev team.

So they remade game changed everything no one knows what it is anymore, looks amazing, anything is better that Excel online... I mean Eve.

But seriously dont listen to a word from them unless it is the form of a beta client.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I cant believe anyone would pre-order this game.  I have been waiting for years, like many people, to play this game.  Look at STO.  Allot of people pre-ordered and were very disappointed.

I am going to wait till the first reviews come out before I spend a single dime.

• TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

Originally posted by outfctrl

I cant believe anyone would pre-order this game.  I have been waiting for years, like many people, to play this game.  Look at STO.  Allot of people pre-ordered and were very disappointed.

I am going to wait till the first reviews come out before I spend a single dime.

Agreed.  I bet those guys who pre-ordered STO won't be doing THAT again in a hurry image

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by jrs77

And I'm really really surprised that you can't pre-order. Since they have open beta sign-ups, but no open beta running. They could have made it avaliable to pre-order, without a game! To finish off their noobish way of doing things.

Think I'll pass on this game, due to they way things are being done up to this date.

Yours,

MMOhound

So because you can't pre-order a game that is being developed - they fail

because you can sign up ahead of time for an open beta that is not started yet - they fail

You say that you have played many betas.  I am not sure how this is different.    It seems pretty standard to me.

AE

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

Yah, this is fairly normal.  The interesting thing is that apparently the devs have actually changed their plan in the last year, and because of feedback in their first try at closed beta.

As long as they don't pull a Duke Nukem Forever, it's good news.

Unlike most of these new games, though, except maybe EQ2, there's a predecessor out that we can fiddle with while we wait.  It's old, but it's a space game by the same company, which might tell us some things.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

"Congratulations, you are signed up for the Open Beta. Please fill out this additional form if you would also like to sign up to the Closed Beta.

There are a limited number of Closed Beta spots available and not everyone that applies will be admitted. Closed Beta testers will be selected based on a variety of factors, including computer system specs, game experience and community involvement. The Closed Beta is limited to players 18 years of age or older, and requires the acceptance of a Non Disclosure Agreement provided upon your acceptance."

I don't see how you can read that and get it's Open Beta when it clearly mentions signups for Closed Beta and Open Beta. You do know which comes first, right? Some people just glance over words without really reading things these days. Almost reminds me of why people came up with reasons for hating quest dialouge.

Person A - "Like I seriously have to read that?"

Person B - "Um yeah, don't you want to know why your playing the game."

Anyways, it's barely into Closed Beta if even in it yet. May still be in alpha, no one really knows whats going on.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by mackdawg19
    I don't see how you can read that and get it's Open Beta when it clearly mentions signups for Closed Beta and Open Beta. You do know which comes first, right? Some people just glance over words without really reading things these days. Almost reminds me of why people came up with reasons for hating quest dialouge.
    Anyways, it's barely into Closed Beta if even in it yet. May still be in alpha, no one really knows whats going on.

so where do I download the game?

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

OP has apparently never done this before.

• TikigodTikigod Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by skyexile

Originally posted by mackdawg19

so where do I download the game?

*Bops Skyexile on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

You know better than that Sky! image

Anyway @Mackdawg, the game is heading toward the resuming of external F&F Alpha testing very soon (In other words people other than internal employees and a few kidnapped people from game stores), would be what's going on. image

You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sat here wearing a red and white gingham dress, and army boots, you think that's un-amiss?

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Hopefully, they've done it right this time. :)

I've gotten the impression that they wouldn't slip out of their blackout period and resuming F&F untill they feel very ready for it. Sooo supposedly, the game should be in a pretty decent shape. Sooo hopefully, we'll see a CBT in the next few months.

Here's for hoping.

PS: Personally, I would love to see them clean up some of their mess going on with the communities first hand. It's a shame really.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

I grumble pretty hard that this game has become the Daikatana of Space shooters, but on the other hand, most companies would just put out a sub-standard product and take as much cash as they could. Not many would bite the bullet and admit the game wasn't fun as is and revamp.

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by outfctrl

That would be the beauty of going F2P.  You don't have to pay a single dime to try out a F2P game, even if there are no reviews to be found.

BP is F2P at least, and I'll be trying it as soon as it's available, and then I can form my own opinion independent of any reviewer who can't figure out how to fly his ship.  No idea if JGE will be F2P or P2P.  If it's P2P, we'll probably have to shell out US$50-60 for the box in the first place.  F2P, download and play right away!

And I have to agree with you, outofctrl - I pity the fool who will pay for a game that isn't even reelased.  Pre-orders are insanity.