Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BAN HAMMER! Guild Wars Style!

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Yeah, that is very cool.

EPIC Bot Banning! About time they got around to it more so.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

Gotta love it.  I bet I'd have spent much more time in Aion had it not been for the plaque of bots.

I'll forward to the continuation of this anti bot and cheat and manipulation emphasis with GW2.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Damn, A-net just keeps on pleasing. Though it may have taken longer than hoped, they seem to be doing a great job of taking care of the issue. Hopefully they keep up the good work. If they provide great support for their aging game, cant wait to see how well they provide support for GW2 when its out.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

Yeah, I'm glad they ban bot accounts but why did they ban me for payment fraud?  And apparently I'm not the only one.  I've never used a bot or (to my knowledge) commited payment fraud.  I haven't even tried to log in in almost six months.  My account still has the same email and password so it couldn't have been hacked either.

Fortunately for me I'm not actually playing the game much any more but it must suck if there are other people in the same boat who do play the game regularly.  As much as I like Arenanet, I hate NCSoft so some part of me somehow just "knows" that they are behind this. 

I'll bet you a million forum dollars it's something NCSoft screwed up.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by zonzai

Yeah, I'm glad they ban bot accounts but why did they ban me for payment fraud?  And apparently I'm not the only one.  I've never used a bot or (to my knowledge) commited payment fraud.  I haven't even tried to log in in almost six months.  My account still has the same email and password so it couldn't have been hacked either.

Fortunately for me I'm not actually playing the game much any more but it must suck if there are other people in the same boat who do play the game regularly.  As much as I like Arenanet, I hate NCSoft so some part of me somehow just "knows" that they are behind this. 

I'll bet you a million forum dollars it's something NCSoft screwed up.

Well get this bro, I played the game for a 1 week, and quit; wasn't my thing you know, but I thought no biggie will return in a few months try it again.

WRONG - At first I couldn't login, so I thought that's strange.... so I reset my password and had to contact NC Soft support regarding my character name they needed numerous details, like the code i used when i made my guild wars account full name on teh account, (the CD Key in my case), they replied 4 days after with everything confirmed, ok wicked Guild wars here i come!!

WRONG....again! It wouldnt allow me to login. I thought 'That's strange' It couldn't be anything with my details.  SO I e-mailed the Customer Support, left it 2 days, a week, 2 weeks and gave up NO REPLY!! As to this day still no reply and it's been 1 month and 4 days. So obviously something is very fishy here, very very slim chance a hacker got in my account, and baring in mind my one character I had was level 9? cant see it being very useful to a hacker/botter, plus they had no way of getting my account details, I never told ANYONE.

So whats going on NC Soft huh?, you reply to my first query, and ignore my second?. Im not making speculation here, but look at what ive said; to me it feels like i've been given the middle finger by NC Soft I've heard numerous timesall over the net peoples accounts being banned for no reason at all, and its just after they've tried to login aft er a break from guild wars.. Now im desperate to try GW 2. However NC Soft scares me, and my well-plumped out wallet away.