Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

downloading game now. any info or advice for a new play??

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

any info or advice. game looks and sounds cool.    getting tired of the fantasy stuff lol need something new.

anyways anything about the game for info or advice please!

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Yes. Read the tutorial texts. Also don't be too concerned about spending any AP points for the first 10 - 15 levels. Raise what needs to be raised only when it needs raising. Visit all of the towns in Sector One. If you intend to craft it might be best to start in South Burb. You will get crafting books as mission rewards there and elsewhere. You don't really need to buy any crafting books until you start to get to the second versions of the books. Even then you can get quite a few through missions.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

i never craft in any game lol.  but ya i will deff read the texts and what are ap points btw?

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

Max your skills first, then your stats. You have enough APs to max 4 stats and 4 skills. Don't put points into more than one weapon skill, and do put points into armour use and dodge.

You can learn any or all of the crafting professions, there's no restriction.

You can rotate the camera around your character by holding shift and then rotating the camera with the mouse.

Don't buy recipes and skills from merchants, you should get most of what you need from quest rewards.

Don't worry too much which starting area you select,  you'll end up visiting them all anyway.

Do be sure to play the extended tutorial, it will reward you with a free mount.

In combat don't keep clicking the mouse, hold the left button down for a single weapon, both for dual wielding, and you will auto-attack automatically.

I think those cover some of the most common questions on the Help Channel which you should always read as a lot of useful information comes up there.

Lastly, remember that the whole pace of the game is different to the usual EQ/WoW clones - enjoy!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by punkrock

i never craft in any game lol.  but ya i will deff read the texts and what are ap points btw?

AP points are what you spend to increase stats and skills. Don't go hog wild spending them on Mutations early on. Mutations(magic for non FE newbs) have never been intended to be main skills.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

cool sounds like alot of info to take in. i think i got it thou lol. so at level 15 i should start spending ap points. but what is a good idea to start with? i plan on going with guns got tired of swords and stuff lol. and magic not to much to be honest. thou i was reeading about factions and stuff and i like the tec people they sound cool.  

does it matter what faction you work for really?   and can you betray them later lol?

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

Take it slow. FE is not a race to the top. Enjoy the ride, and personally, I would say don't try min-maxing, it's more fun to just play.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by punkrock

does it matter what faction you work for really?   and can you betray them later lol?

It does matter a little: factions specialize in different combat types and mutations. So if you want to be a pistol user who can repair himself with nanos, for example, then Techs are the way for you. And yes you can betray them. All you have to do it start shooting.

I'll emphasize what Shadewalker said about spending AP. Choose one weapon skill and keep it maxed, and always max armor use and dodge. If you do start using mutations later on, pick just one type, two at most, to invest AP into. Also, while playing my first character I looked at "First Aid" and "Group Tactics" and thought, "Pfft, I'm not a support character, what do I want with those?" Well, they both offer some very potent self buffs. If something says "this aura gives X bonus to your team," remember that it's also giving that bonus to you, whether you're in a team or not.