Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is all this anger coming from?

Are people just angry that they leveled up in beta and then had everything deleted when beta was over?

I'd really like to know--I just recently came across RYL and it's the best MMORPG I've found, so I'm wondering why so many people seem to have a serious hatred for it.

If you look in the forums of other games, there's nothing compared to all the negative threads in the RYL forum here.

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

Comments

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

You have to understand that this is beta central and it's home to entire population of English speaking beta hoppers. We call them beta hoppers because they move from one beta to the other without actually paying for anything and complain about everything along the way. We don't understand why they do it, but I'm guessing it has something to do with their real personal life. My guess is their fathers didn't hug them enough.

The major issues they've complained about was an in-game event where tickets were dropped from monsters that could be redeemed for tangible prizes. They were giving away iPods, other MP3 players, t-shirts, and various DVDs. It was clearly stated, like in every other contest, that it would run while supplies last. Of course people rushed to find the expensive item tickets and redeem them, and some people couldn't keep up. Others didn't even live in the country and couldn't recieve the prizes to due PWG's limited liscense. They must have missed the NA part of RYL NA Beta which stands for North America. At the time they were not able to ship to Canada though.

So now they troll the forums of MMORPG.com and post negative unwanted comments about games. You can find them all over the other forums still complaining, I've seen a couple myself. You always know they're beta hoppers because they're arguements are weak and attack every single aspect of the game with no real proof. They always go through the easy targets first that based on opinion only like controls, graphics, and game play etc. Then they'll pick a certain point in the game that things didn't go EXACTLY the way they wanted to.

I'm glad you enjoy the game. Don't let the idiots get to you. Nobody has the right to complain if they havn't invested money in it.

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    If this was the truth and all negative opinions of ryl are just beta hoppers then why would ryl be the only game to be singled out by this band of unseen saboteurs. Seriously the huge amount of disgruntled exfans is due to the obvious..Poor handling by even worse management. The only other game that has come close to this blatant mistreatment and mileading is mourning and I think we all know what happened to it. Not only this but the game is dated, and re-licensed and now being sold off as something new and great. On top of this the server-side lag issues are notorious and overload of bugs that the gms seem intent on blaming on the players computer.
  • Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Malicus
    If this was the truth and all negative opinions of ryl are just beta hoppers then why would ryl be the only game to be singled out by this band of unseen saboteurs. Seriously the huge amount of disgruntled exfans is due to the obvious..Poor handling by even worse management. The only other game that has come close to this blatant mistreatment and mileading is mourning and I think we all know what happened to it. Not only this but the game is dated, and re-licensed and now being sold off as something new and great. On top of this the server-side lag issues are notorious and overload of bugs that the gms seem intent on blaming on the players computer.

Although that is wrong and in-apropriate, ill let it pass for a while, if you hate this game so much, then just leave. This is the Path of the emperor disscussion in the "released games" section, so if u havnt played the p2p version of path of the emperor (much less the beta), then u don't really hold an honest opinion since u don't have any actual person experience of the game. You come in all high and mighty flaming this game and the other players which u label "fanbois", i hardly think being a "fanboi" is defending a game that u like because someone with little or no experience of the game is making wild, blatant and false accusations about it as if he had made the game himself.
    For you to pretend you know how much or what kind of experience I have with this game just shows your delusional and intentionally biased. If you dont believe check ryl forums its all there. I am sure you have cause you are one of gm groupies that came from there. Think you will score points with them or something if you come over here and pretend you know that everyones experience with this game is good? And that they would just make up everything for fun? What a lame argument
  • sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

Mal baby I love how you think 5 people is a huge exfan (omg they were fans!) hate group.

• wingnut2kwingnut2k Member Posts: 1

Wow, there is a lot of anger it seems in this forum about RYL:POTE.  I began playing the game in Oct. 2004, and levelled 5 characters to lvl 40+ when they got dumped for RYL:POTE beta.  I continued to play because it is a game that is more simple than some of the others, namely WOW, EQ2, EQ, etc.  I am not a beta hopper, but I do know that the ease of play of this game is great for the novice and the advanced user.  Sure, the economy gets out of hand, but once you level up past 25, the money gets easier and more frequent.  I am a P2P individual, and regardless of losing 4 lvl 50+ characters to beta, I welcomed P2P.  Alot of individuals that made gameplay less fun by KSing, intentional flaming, and harrassing are GONE.  I'm not going to say, :"if you don't like it, leave" because that's just what everyone wants to hear because it is confrontational.  Many games are repetitive to level up a character.  I can't remember how many crabs, etc. that I had to kill to level up my character in EQ2.  If you like EQ2, fine.  If you like WOW, fine.

As far as the problems with the game.  No 2 computer systems will run 1 program the same.  So many people complain that it won't work on their computer, but how many computers did it work on correctly?  Patches fix areas where the program may cause a conflict.  That's what they are for.  Every game that I have played, there has always been a patch within the first month of it's release.  RYL:POTE will be the same.

Maybe the anger is coming from some of the things that the box says aren't implemented in the game yet.  Maybe it is coming from losing your characters, but how many of the fanatic RYL players have alreadly leveled up to 50+.  Maybe it's because they were banned by a GM.

Sorry for the soapbox and bandwagon.

• siLLYkiTEsiLLYkiTE Member Posts: 35

Yes... there seems to be alot of hate up in here.

• SaitnoxisSaitnoxis Member Posts: 11

It's not anger, it's frustration with the sleazy management (PWG) and all their lies and bullshit :)

Originally posted by Saitnoxis

It's not anger, it's frustration with the sleazy management (PWG) and all their lies and bullshit :)

I agree they dropped the ball way too often and when asked tried to shift blame on players and encourage fanbois to abuse players that had legitamate problems in the game. I even had Gms lying and saying they tried to help me.

And where is your proof? I'd like to see it please::::02::

• PsyklonPsyklon Member Posts: 33
    The proof is all over their own forums and linked in here some. Try reading them

hmmm I'm sorry could you post these links that show off PWGs horrible support? I can't for the life of me find them.

• PsyklonPsyklon Member Posts: 33
    Even though you smell like a troll I will answer. Maybe they censored the site I dont know but there was like links too about 20 of them in here. I dont have time to look for you. If you cant believe everyone then just go find out for yourself. Or are you just here to make trouble? If not sorry. If so another time perhaps.

Trouble? Of course... not. Trouble gets you no where, I am simple curious on what people base their "facts" on.

When there are 500k subscribers.... i hardly call 20 bad cases "horrible support"
  • ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

I wish Malicus/Psyklon would describe exactly what it was someone did to him in RYL that has filled him with all this hatred so that he creates the Psyklon account on March 24 just to attack RYL and daily pushes his reviews to the top of the RYL ratings reviews list.

Reviews should be about games and not be lame attempts to try to put down other MMORPG members and reviewers with terms like "fanboi."

I also think his references to Malaysia smack of rascism.  Malaysia has an advanced IT community and is working hard on its IT infrastructure.  There are brilliant programmers in Malaysia just as anywhere else in the world.

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

• StabbyStabby Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by Expatriate

I wish Malicus/Psyklon would describe exactly what it was someone did to him in RYL that has filled him with all this hatred so that he creates the Psyklon account on March 24 just to attack RYL and daily pushes his reviews to the top of the RYL ratings reviews list.

He was upset that he couldn't redeem a t-shirt coupon... ALL of his posts on our messageboards are him slamming all the staff because we weren't on the same times that he was... If I remember correctly, he's from Australia...

We appreciate all the support that we get from all of you. If you have a complaint about the game, feel free to send me a message: [email protected]

We're working very hard to add to the game and I love to get suggestions from the players.

• ExpatriateExpatriate Member Posts: 202

A t-shirt, huh?  I suspected something silly like that.

I'll send you an e-mail about it too, but you gotta do something about all those people selling stuff around the center of the village--it's spoiling the experience there and making it difficult to complete quests.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Im from Australia, we dont wear T shirts image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Originally posted by Razorback

Im from Australia, we dont wear T shirts image

ya do if you live in Melbourne image

Originally posted by Expatriate

A t-shirt, huh?  I suspected something silly like that.
    I'll send you an e-mail about it too, but you gotta do something about all those people selling stuff around the center of the village--it's spoiling the experience there and making it difficult to complete quests.

We are already working on this. I've asked that a 3rd state be added to the "V" key functionality that will turn off all stores and their models to cut down on lag in the town. :)

Double post... YAY!

Sorry about that.

It was for an Ipod and Dvd and Tshirt. Stabby knows this and is intentionally trying to mislead. We have spoken on numerous occasions and all I got was lies and grief. The reason he says I am from australia is because he doesnt want people to know that I am from Canada and couldnt redeem "prizes" from a game labeled as "North American".

Originally posted by Malicus

It was for an Ipod and Dvd and Tshirt. Stabby knows this and is intentionally trying to mislead. We have spoken on numerous occasions and all I got was lies and grief. The reason he says I am from australia is because he doesnt want people to know that I am from Canada and couldnt redeem "prizes" from a game labeled as "North American".

Actually, from my understanding as I have NEVER spoken to you, it was just a t-shirt.

There were multiple GM's that talked with you about redeeming your tickets for fame, which was done for 2000+ people after the event was over. We even left the time to redeem tickets open for an additional 2 weeks to accomodate all the players that needed to turn them in. You just didn't like that answer and decided to go here and everywhere else and spread lies...

Anyway, if you guys would like a taste of reality, feel free to come on over to our forums and look around for yourself. It is Malicus free as he has been banned for spamming the forums. http://forums.ryl.net

As always, feel free to contact me directly if you have a question. [email protected]

haha the fabrications keep getting bigger. First it was one gm tried to help me with the ipod now multiple and it was only a tshirt. Good job on the support. Both you and I know the truth on this and for you to think you can dig your way out with lies is just great. Best of luck to you. As far as being banned this took place after I quit in disgust. I have never spammed the boards there this is just more blatant lies. Besides its not hard to change ip and go spam as much as i wanted if thats what i was about. Here is a email I was sent by stabby. Trustworthy I think not

Your Mail Center
    image image image

function checkAll()
    {
    for (i=0;i<10;i++)
    {
    if (eval("document.mailForm.sel" + i))
    {
    eval("document.mailForm.sel" + i).checked = 1;
    }
    }
    }
    function doDelete()
    {
    var found = false;
    for (i=0;i<10;i++)
    {
    if (eval("document.mailForm.sel" + i))
    {
    if (eval("document.mailForm.sel" + i).checked)
    found = true;
    }
    }
    if (found && confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the selected messages?'))
    {
    document.mailForm.action.value = 'Delete';
    document.mailForm.submit();
    }
    }

</SCRIPT>

function firepreview()
    {

ae_onSubmit();
    messagePreview(1,'0',1);

}
    function post()
    {

ae_onSubmit();

if (verifyMessage())
    {
    document.newpost.action.value='SendMessage';
    document.newpost.submit();
    }
    }
    function aeapi_custom_imageLink(aeNum) {
    openCenteredWindow('/activedit/inc/imageLink.htm',120,300,'');
    }
    function ae_imageLink(url)
    {
    sel = aeObjects[1].DOM.selection.createRange();
    sel.pasteHTML('image');
    }
    function selWYSIWYG()
    {
    if (document.newpost.curEditorMode.value == 'bbml')
    {
    }
    }
    function selBBML()
    {
    if (document.newpost.curEditorMode.value == 'wysiwyg')
    {

if (confirm('Warning: Switch from the enhanced editor to the text editor will result in loss of formatting in your message.

Do you wish to continue anyways?'))
    {
    ae_onSubmit();
    }
    else
    {
    document.newpost.editorMode[1].checked = true;
    document.newpost.editorMode[1].focus();
    return false;
    }
    }
    }
    function cancelPost()
    {
    document.newpost.action.value='Cancel';
    }

MM_preloadImages('images/btnSelectAll_f2.gif','images/btnDelete_f2.gif','images/btnComposeMsg_f2.gif');
    var noClick;

Sent On: 03/11/05 02:50

Subject: hmmm...
    Go Back To Folder List
    image image image

A
    {
    font-size: 12;
    color: blue;
    }
    A:Hover
    {
    color: red;
    }

All of your posting is from 1 IP... Interesting.

MMORPG.COM - Your headquarters for massive multiplayer online role-playing games!
    Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com
This discussion has been closed.