Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-subscribing: Old War Mammoth or 30 days?

NekokekiNekokeki Member UncommonPosts: 76

I just bought the expansion yesterday.  I'm weighing up my options, is the War Mammoth+Bag+Drinking cape I have on my original account at all worth keeping (I don't know if the mount is just another gimicky item or a rarity and/or useful)?  Or should I just create a new account to get my 30 free days, considering I'm going to start a new toon?

Thank you.

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

The War Mammoth and bag are nice. The bag is pretty nice starting out, but afterwards the value decreases. I would keep my account but that is just me. 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Anyone buying the Crom pack will get the war mamoth and rhino from pre-order so while they might have been rare before I would imagine they are less so now. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

The bag is very useful as inventory space is very small when you start out.  The mammoth is a ehhh item.  Not as fast as a horse but the riding skill comes with it so you do end up with a free mount and skill.  it's vaguely fun running it into some low level trash MOB's and using it's tusk and charge feature to attack them.  The cape is totally worthless as they never did set up that part of the game.  Don't forget that all the toons you create on the original account will get those same rewards.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• NekokekiNekokeki Member UncommonPosts: 76

Thank you everyone :).  I kept my old account then. 

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253

And don't forget the veteran points your old account have accrued. I'm not sure about how they are dealt, but I had lots after beeing away (not subscribed) for a year, so I'm guessing you recieve veteran points based on how much your account has been active at some point in time.

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Deadman87

And don't forget the veteran points your old account have accrued. I'm not sure about how they are dealt, but I had lots after beeing away (not subscribed) for a year, so I'm guessing you recieve veteran points based on how much your account has been active at some point in time.

Very important point. I also had lots of vetpoints after beeing away since 2008. The veteran vendor has quite a few nice items that you can pick up. Such as travel wards to the main cities and other places which reduces travel time a lot. 

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?