Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Mourning Removed

Comments

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Hey, Mourning people.

Ever stop and think that it may behoove you to let this drop, earn back a reputation, and then try talking? This is bad press and obviously going no where. I'd cut my losses if I were you, and stop bumping this thread.

You can't say I didn't try to help.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I was the first person to defend Tiamat in his outbursts.  Saying a dev just need to be a dev.  However, now he is not anymore regulating HIS site, he try to enforce HIS desire on others, that are only here as a hobby.

The main problem here is that MMORPG.com staff is to kind, they do not have to justify to such extend every action.  Tiamat is on the other end of the spectrum, a champion PvPer in everything, he never explain himself much, he always attack.  A tiny word or 2 about self proclamed ultimate truth, then attack, attack and attack.  The next thing Tiamat could say is about God's giving him visions! 

The more you justify, the more they will ask you to.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• FidusFidus Member Posts: 28

We don't feel its us who has lost the reputation :)

• RaenzRaenz Member UncommonPosts: 81

Originally posted by draxshared

It's great that you've done all this. However, why not just press the "ignore" button in regards to private messages from the Mourning Staff, and keep up the good stuff?
    With removing Mourning you're mainly hurting us MMORPG.com subscribers twice over. Both in that we cannot get coverage of this game from you anymore, and that we cannot trust you as we have.

Why should they?  If they supported and reported on the game before and got nothing but grief from the powers-that-be for that game, I wouldn't expect them to keep wasting their time.  Website space and page views end up costing money in the form of bandwidth.  Why waste it on a company that really doesn't want it?

-Raenz-

Originally posted by Fidus
    We don't feel its us who has lost the reputation :)

Then by all means... ;)

/cough ::::12::

Originally posted by Sorrow

Then when the Devs over at Mourning get upset by MMORPG encouraging and defending these nasty hateful and slanderous posts, MMORPG turns around acting the the victim in all this putting on a big presentation to stir up this whole thread.
    Pot and Kettle Baybee

Are you saying that the folks that run MMORPG.com "encouraged" said behaivor?  Or are you saying some folks that frequent the MMORPG.com boards exhibited that behaivor?  One is completely different from the other.

-Raenz-

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

lmao- http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2706

Leave it up to romanians to understand american law......

I was so going to post that image but couldn't figure out what syntax MMORPG.com uses :)

Then again, it's right up here on the icon bar... doh.

thank you shrubber for prooving any contributions you make should be completley ignored. saves us a lot of time on your future posts.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Somethingawfuls report just makes it more clear these guys have issues with Free Speech. I guess in Romanian, it is illegal to post anything the government and/or business dont like. Im not sure you guys understand the breech with trying to request information on people that have done very little wrong. Im sure that mmorpg.com recieve like email to what we see at somethingawful. Be thankful mourning fanboys(or 1 guy with 10 accounts)- mmorpg.com is looking for your feedback and allowing you to post.

Cute post include:

We have recently been informed of an article on your website about a future software product of ours titled "Mourning".

http://www.somethingawful.com/index.htm

It seems that whoever printed this article does not understand what the terms defamation of character , libel or slander mean.

We are requesting you remove this article about our product from your website or you will be hearing from our attorneys by the end of next week for printing slander and attempting to lower the reputation of our future products and company.

Also our copyright work located here:
    http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/psychosis~jerks-mourning.jpg

is to be removed from your servers immediately.

Regards,
    David Jasinski
    Limitless Horizons Entertainment [email protected]

or

The company hosting your current website has also been notified of the issues. Hosting copyright images without consent from the owner is in violation of copyright laws.

They will be receiving a call from our attorney next week as well as your organization if our copyright material located at (http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/psychosis~jerks-mourning-large.jpg) is not removed from your servers before the end of next week.

Please provide us with the contact information of your legal representatives.

Our legal representative can be reached at:
    Edward T. Lynch
    [email protected]

Anderson, Reynolds & Lynch, LLP
    1 Liberty Square, 2nd Floor
    New Britian, CT 06050
    Phone: 860-893-0500
    Fax: 860-893-0550

Regards,
    David Jasinski
    Limitless Horizons Entertainment LLC
    [email protected]

All contents of this letter are to be considered confidential and not intended for publication without prior approval from Limitless Horizons Entertainment LLC.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

nice pic lol. I was wondering whether all our posts were deleted Admin. My post regarding bugman and my post regarding "Mourning users/admins hate mmorpg.com?" could really show the problems that were going on with the mourning staff.

• PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Admin
    Well, this entire decision is based on the countless private messages we have received from Limitless Horizons Entertainment. I do not feel it is right to discuss the details of these communications - however I can say that we did not like their tone towards our site, or staff and our community.

A more professional way to communicate with the developers of any MMO would be to use e-mail instead of PMs in forums that are open for all, even if in this case there was little doubt it were LHE-representatives that were messaging you. .)

Personally I'll have to look at the Mourning-site every couple of months now to keep up with Mourning's status quo.

Sadly, MMORPG.com, the Mourning-Staff and all the interested players... lost... ::::21::

Originally posted by Bitey
    nice pic lol. I was wondering whether all our posts were deleted Admin. My post regarding bugman and my post regarding "Mourning users/admins hate mmorpg.com?" could really show the problems that were going on with the mourning staff.

If Admin still had that post of yours, that'd really go a long way. Unfortunately, newcomers are completely oblivious to all discussion we've had since it began... :(

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Raenz
    Originally posted by draxshared It's great that you've done all this. However, why not just press the "ignore" button in regards to private messages from the Mourning Staff, and keep up the good stuff? With removing Mourning you're mainly hurting us MMORPG.com subscribers twice over. Both in that we cannot get coverage of this game from you anymore, and that we cannot trust you as we have.Why should they? If they supported and reported on the game before and got nothing but grief from the powers-that-be for that game, I wouldn't expect them to keep wasting their time. Website space and page views end up costing money in the form of bandwidth. Why waste it on a company that really doesn't want it?

Exactly.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• draxshareddraxshared Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by draxshared It's great that you've done all this. However, why not just press the "ignore" button in regards to private messages from the Mourning Staff, and keep up the good stuff? With removing Mourning you're mainly hurting us MMORPG.com subscribers twice over. Both in that we cannot get coverage of this game from you anymore, and that we cannot trust you as we have.Why should they?  If they supported and reported on the game before and got nothing but grief from the powers-that-be for that game, I wouldn't expect them to keep wasting their time.  Website space and page views end up costing money in the form of bandwidth.  Why waste it on a company that really doesn't want it?

They should because they have subscribers who have an interest in that particular game. Subscribers who don't give a rats ass about forum squabble or personal disagreements between staff members. These subscrabers are among those that generate money for MMORPG.com. These subscribers don't really care what the Mourning staff think of their news center.

They should because doing otherwise suggest foul play, corruption and bribes. The very possibility is what needs to be avoided for any respected news site.

They should because doing so suggest a dignity and professionalism wich the Mourning PR staff obviously lacks.

Remember that a mourning "fan" who gets his mourning news through MMORPG.com would have a hard time seeing why he should suffer from a disagreement between some imature corporate brats. Such a subscriber are the first to be harmed by removing Mourning. The second group to be harmed are most subscribers who are conscious of news source critisism. These subscribers take it amiss that MMORPG.com let staff issues alter the news they recieve. While these two groups may not be very big, I belive they are important to MMORPG.com. That's why they should press the ignore button instead of removing games based on product-staff relationships.

• NarrkNarrk Member Posts: 7

Yah leats bring in posts from the more serius web sits out ther.

oh now thos Mourning fanboi are so ownd::::25::

How can so many people come to so many conclusions from reading the same Text?

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Hahahahahaha.

I've been banned twice there for speaking my mind, and Harelin hasn't been banned at all yet.. Hahaha, I ownz you, Harelin!

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Razorback

The fans of the "one game" (lol) are accusing the fans of all games of a lack of objectivity. Now there is an oximoron if ever there was one.

Nope just calling a pack of useless fanboi trolls what they are. I have played a variety of MMO's. Some are better than others. I've never resorted to the blatant lies I've seen posted in these forums. What does that say about your objectivity when you attack a game you have never played on criteria that are false?

Well apart from being eloquent (not) you also seem to be grappling with the meaning of your own words.

Im assuming from the little sense I can glean from your post that you are accusing me of "telling blatent lies" about Mourning ?

Please back up your accusation with some facts. I challenge you to find anything I have said that bashes, villifies, lies about, denegrates or in any way suggests that Mourning is not a game or not worthy of the interest of MMORPG readers or anyone else interested in online games.

I have consistently stated that I beleive Mourning is a real product suffering from an appauling lack of sound management at a community level. In moments of anger with some of the more completely one eyed people who come here to talk nonsense (such as yourself) I have occasionaly refered to it as "the so called game" or even said in my opinion it wont make it or that it should be binned. Considering it is not even released, nor does release appear to be either imminent or likely, refering to it as a "so called game" is actually a statement of fact.

This however is just my opinion and neither you nor anyone else with a functioning spine should be afraid of that.

So if you want to run off at the mouth I suggest you do what all the regular posters of MMORPG.com do before we post and that is grab a clue and while your there get some facts.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Damn razor practice what you preach and put a cork in it already.

I realise you have a really large illusion of grandure but really its time to accept that you are not ALL fans... its ok... sit down... take a breath you will see you are just one fan.

Oh btw... i don't think fear and your name would really be used in the same sentance so your concern is unwaranted.

Originally posted by Arcarius
    Hahahahahaha.I've been banned twice there for speaking my mind, and Harelin hasn't been banned at all yet.. Hahaha, I ownz you, Harelin!

And they have stated quite clearly that if you speak your mind in an offensive or objectionable manner that you would be. Mourning has never claimed to be slack on the forum rules, they are trying very hard to keep there forums clean.

It's great that you've done all this. However, why not just press the "ignore" button in regards to private messages from the Mourning Staff, and keep up the good stuff? With removing Mourning you're mainly hurting us MMORPG.com subscribers twice over. Both in that we cannot get coverage of this game from you anymore, and that we cannot trust you as we have.
    Why should they?  If they supported and reported on the game before and got nothing but grief from the powers-that-be for that game, I wouldn't expect them to keep wasting their time.  Website space and page views end up costing money in the form of bandwidth.  Why waste it on a company that really doesn't want it?

They should because they have subscribers who have an interest in that particular game. Subscribers who don't give a rats ass about forum squabble or personal disagreements between staff members. These subscrabers are among those that generate money for MMORPG.com. These subscribers don't really care what the Mourning staff think of their news center.

They should because doing otherwise suggest foul play, corruption and bribes. The very possibility is what needs to be avoided for any respected news site.

They should because doing so suggest a dignity and professionalism wich the Mourning PR staff obviously lacks.

Remember that a mourning "fan" who gets his mourning news through MMORPG.com would have a hard time seeing why he should suffer from a disagreement between some imature corporate brats. Such a subscriber are the first to be harmed by removing Mourning. The second group to be harmed are most subscribers who are conscious of news source critisism. These subscribers take it amiss that MMORPG.com let staff issues alter the news they recieve. While these two groups may not be very big, I belive they are important to MMORPG.com. That's why they should press the ignore button instead of removing games based on product-staff relationships.

It is not their obligation to cover any game, the way I see it.  If you come to this website to get updates on Mourning, then given the recent events, I guess you won't be able to do so.  In my opinion, MMORPG.com has went out of their way to give us, the "subscribers" (although we actually pay no fee for their services) the opportunity to sound off regarding this issue.  They could have just stopped their coverage, and removed the related forums, and called it a day, but instead they were upfront and tried to explain the situation as best they could without airing too much dirty laundry, as well as giving the viewers of this site a chance to be heard on the subject.

Folks that believe they have tarnished their reputation as a dependable site in regards to MMOGs are probably going a tad bit overboard with all of this angst and gnashing of the teeth.  I would say that most of the comments are knee-jerk reactions to events that transpired between the two aforementioned parties, and have no basis of fact except for the things presented by the involved parties.  Maybe if you knew what those facts were, you might have made the same decision.  Maybe you wouldn't have.  The fact of the matter is MMORPG.com made their decision based on those facts, and for the two years that I have been coming here for MMOG news, I can honestly say I have not witnessed anything that would lead me to believe that their actions were unwarranted in their eyes.

-Raenz-

A site the claims to present news and events of a genre, but picks and chooses which ones it wants based off personal vendetta or bias, does not present a good portoflio to those who would want to advertise. They have complained on the lack of profesionalism from the mourning team but they have done no better themselves. This arguement will probably be dead by the end of the weak, but there will be a lot of people with a sour taste for mmorpg for this.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Um yeah right Fidus I will just stop responding to people when they post lies about me... sure...why didnt I think of that image

Also Fidus Im guessing you missed the post one of the MMO Admins made that this is the "first and only time" a game company has behaved so strangely that their product had to be removed.

I think other sensible players in this industry who are considering advertising with MMORPG.com will also be able to read the truth of this situation.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Bah. Now I have to look elsewhere on the net to watch Mourning's slow, reluctant demise.

When I saw the subject of this thread I honestly thought the game had gone the same way as Wish, but it's still only a matter of time.

I'd like to personally thank David Jasinski for being the most unintentionally funny guy in the MMO business.

Originally posted by Fidus

A site the claims to present news and events of a genre, but picks and chooses which ones it wants based off personal vendetta or bias, does not present a good portoflio to those who would want to advertise. They have complained on the lack of profesionalism from the mourning team but they have done no better themselves. This arguement will probably be dead by the end of the weak, but there will be a lot of people with a sour taste for mmorpg for this.

Well I can say that I won't be one of them.  Nothing that happened over this would actually lead me to doubt their ability to report on MMOGs.  I might also add that I doubt that "bias" and "vendettas" had anything to do with this decision.

This discussion seems to be going in circles now.  It is definitely each individual's right to do whatever they find appropriate regarding this issue, be that to continue to enjoy MMORPG.com or drop it all together.  It's been a good, healthy, discussion though.image

-Raenz-

This discussion has been closed.