Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Mourning Removed

Comments

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Just to let the staff of mmorpg.com know that anyone who posts on this thread with 1 post and is bashing our forums is from mourning. FL encouraged them to this

[q] You may comment on their decision to remove the game by posting in this thread on their site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cf.../1/loadclass/35 

[/q]

Anyway, good move on mmorpg.com part. If you are not updated, the admins of mourning were threating mmorpg.com users on the forums. They went and asked mmorpg without court order to hand over the information of users. This is on top of them on the forums flaming paratropper in representing mmorpg.com. Last of all, mmorpg.com was giving mourning free presstime while being flamed by the Romanian Staff.

• WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=f9edf23053e02f69465380d80407d7eb&threadid=18430&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Well according to Tiamat on the Mourning forums they requested the mourning info on this site be removed.  On this site, the moderators claim that it was a decision of the MMORPG.COM staff.  Either way I could care little who is telling the truth because there is no way we as members can know the truth (without any evidence that is), so who cares.  If ya want to read about mourning go to their site.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

I just feel sorry for the Devs who are behind the scenes - the artists, the programmers, the designers... all that work will pretty much be wasted since I see a bad end for this game. Its a shame, some of those new screenshots were looking very nice. Unless of course the entire company acts as their Community Reps do...

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123

i dont blame you. their staff isnt the best of staffs, especially with the way they treat their community.
    i really dont care but eventually i just cancelled my pre-order until the game comes out..then ill see how its going. until then i don't wanna put any money on it.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Quit "mourning" over Mourning. This game is the biggest load of crap EVAR.
    It looked like Dragon Empires roflmao.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • FidusFidus Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Bitey
    Just to let the staff of mmorpg.com know that anyone who posts on this thread with 1 post and is bashing our forums is from mourning. FL encouraged them to this
    You may comment on their decision to remove the game by posting in this thread on their site.http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cf.../1/loadclass/35

Anyway, good move on mmorpg.com part. If you are not updated, the admins of mourning were threating mmorpg.com users on the forums. They went and asked mmorpg without court order to hand over the information of users. This is on top of them on the forums flaming paratropper in representing mmorpg.com. Last of all, mmorpg.com was giving mourning free presstime while being flamed by the Romanian Staff.

well for starters, you registered this month. also i do have a very low post count, but ive been a registered member for a year, unlike many i don't find theneed to post needlessly and for that matter ive never felt a reason to post untill now.

Well to be honest, if the above was indeed posted by an official representative of the company making Mourning, I'm much, much more inclined to believe mmorpg.com... No professional company would ever comunicate in this way, not even behind closed doors. It looks more like a teenager throwing a tantrum over not getting his own way....

I'm realy glad I spotted this. I was soemwhat interested in Mourning and I'm often not much inclined to be swayed by the opinion of those on third party messageboards. But seeing this, I would not touch anything concerning Mourning with a 100 yard pole. Thank you mmorpg.com!!

He is romanian and by his own admition his typing skills are lacking im sure he is frustrated with what is goin on now, but nobody is telling us the fans and public any thing other then "well we hate mmorpg"... "oh yeah????, we Hate mourning.com!!!!!"

its like watching two kids fighting because somebody told one of them the other one hates them.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Admin
    Again for the record....we never got any word from Mourning to remove their game. We decided this today after they called our community "BS" in a private message sent to us from their staff.
    We have ALL the emails to prove this. The question is do they?

I am glad you made that call, it was a good one. I was getting tired of the dodges and lies and their deciding to ignore every sensible argument I threw at them. And most of all, they won't be missed.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• SilkGoDSilkGoD Member Posts: 7

Instead of playing Mourning everyone play Dark and Light, lots more promise, more solid game with a little bit of carebear stuff..that most people should be able to tolerate ;)

• VertisVertis Member Posts: 5

Hehe. Whole thing is kinda of funny. Particularly if you've followed the general insanity that has swirled around the Mourning project the last few months. It sounds alot like Dave's medication wore off and he escaped the padded room to once again wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting community. The past month or so has been a certified '5 bags of popcorn' drama, looks like there's no end in sight. Like many others, I'm content to just sit back, enjoy the meltdowns, and send out for more beer. ::::17::

Originally posted by Orcc
    I just feel sorry for the Devs who are behind the scenes - the artists, the programmers, the designers... all that work will pretty much be wasted since I see a bad end for this game. Its a shame, some of those new screenshots were looking very nice. Unless of course the entire company acts as their Community Reps do...

most of the devs are really cool, and its not all the community reps, im not naming any names but everyone knows. And yes it is a shame that this game which had so much potential has had so many problems with red tape.

• ModarModar Member Posts: 24

LOL,

This is how it should be!  Grats to you for taking the effort to do what is right.

Too often people bow down to those that don't deserve it.

ShadowBane is just like this from what I read and I left that game and think you should also remover them from all your fourms.  That is a dead game anyway!  image

As for these people, you act like that your gone.  Good move!  And usually when you see people posting stuff in favor of these guys I think it's these guys coming back here and posting more of their lies.  LOL image

• terlterl Member Posts: 21

The Mourning forums here had turned into a cave that a band of wandering trolls decided to call home. Don't get me wrong, I like MMORPG.COM and think it's a great resource site for finding info on new and developing MMO's. But honestly, I've never seen people get together and spend so much time talking about a game they didn't like. I can barely find the time to talk about the games I do like or that I'm interested in, but that's just me...

That's not to say that there weren't valid concerns and criticisism's of the game discussed there. It was just very rare. More often  than not it seemed to be clueless people that had been banned from the official forums for making asses of themselves there.

Personally, my only reason lately for dropping by the Mourning forums here lately was to amuse myself with the latest "myth" created by the formentioned band of trolls about the "mean and evil" Mourning devs. Understandably, one of the devs wasn't so amused by the trolls myths. I do think he went a bit overboard with the legal threats; however, he's spent several years of his life working on this game. I'd imagine Mourning  has become like a child to him and I promise you, if someone was telling the kind of outrageous lies about my daughter that were being told here about Mourning, then I'd lose my temper as well.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Props go out to MMORPG.com. Mourning was really a sad game, and needed to be taken of this site. It will show the danger and the horrible staff mourning has. Again, thanks for running a site dedicated to free speech.image

terl go back home to your stalin board.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

ROFLMAO. The devs of this game are so STUPID. How can we trust them with a game? They are posting on an MMORPG.com message board, which makes them look like they have as much power as we do. Why not put it on their official site?

Also, they had "Put your opinions here and a link to MMORPG.com
    Why not get opinions on their own website? Are they desperate for MMORPG's orgasmic publicity?
    ROFLMAO.

There is a maddox quote, dont know if I have it exactly:
    "We can master intergalactic space travel, but we cant open a door"
    This is from his signs review.
    Good stuff, I think it has meaning here ::::02::

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I applaud MMORPG for doing this.

Not because I agree with the move neccesarily (I don't know enough about what happened to have an opinion), but because they had the grapes to do what they thought was right for THEIR site. And it is just that:

THEIR SITE.

People keep talking about biases, and trusting the site. WHAT?

It is an inherent flaw of reading about ANYTHING, especially opinions, that what you are reading is tainted by the author's views on it.

If you read the reviews here, and think that's exactley how the game is, you should have your head checked.

Reviews are merely a gauge, folks!

The only way to be informed is to play these games for yourself. If you don't like what MMORPG.com has done, walk on! No one is making you come here!

Stick to what you think is right, MMORPG.com! Otherwise, you'll just be a puppet for the crybabies, like we've seen in SO many ruined MMORPGs.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Im quickly starting to see why the mourning devs got angry...

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

For anyone who didn't know, they perma ban people that "flame" Mourning on these forums.

I use the term "flaming" to mean anything, in their minds, that isn't 100% praise towards the devs or the game. Almost all constructive criticism is "flaming."

As in, they ban people (from their forum) who speak poorly about their game here.

It's like tiamat & friends didn't know that the USSR collapsed nearly 20 years ago.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by gargantroo
    ROFLMAO. The devs of this game are so STUPID. How can we trust them with a game? They are posting on an MMORPG.com message board, which makes them look like they have as much power as we do. Why not put it on their official site?

Might I note on the developers defence that its the Community Reps and management making the lewd comments and threats... their actions do not neccesarily reflect the entire comapny...

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by Orcc

Might I note on the developers defence that its the Community Reps and management making the lewd comments and threats... their actions do not neccesarily reflect the entire comapny...

Orcc Im sorry you didnt see Biteys post about the whole mourning community hating mmorpg.com. He must have had 100 quotes from mods, senior members, all members.
  • RelentRelent Member Posts: 66

News orginizations are very biast and unethical. So if MMORPG.com is being biased and unethical (which they arent) I say it is one step closer to being a real news orginization ::::02::

No mmog fansite with an IGE banner can claim to be ethical.

As for bias, isn't that the point of this thread? They've openly declared a bias. They are justifying it, (and I agree with some of their justification) but it's bias nonetheless.

Gamers coming to this site to find information will have to deal with the fact that mmorpg.com staff can and will filter what information visitors will find here because of personal bias.

And we'll have to wonder what else might be changed or missing. When IGE begins to attach conditions to their advertising revenue, do you think the demonstrated integrity of this staff is going to stand in the way?

• horvathihorvathi Member Posts: 20

I can imagine those mails MMORPG got from the mourning devs. Those are a very immature community (either this or simply rude). Good move, don't let anybody mess with you guys :-)

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219
    Nice job mmorpg.com!!!!!!imageimage I must hand it to the mourning admins at being the first mmorpg to be kicked off the list for being losers.
  • SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

You can twist and turn this subject into oblivion,

however, let me give you some simple pointers:

MMORPG.com says that the Mourning staff are rude and so on, and many agree

The Mourning staff said they asked to be removed...

Well, noone wants them here, not even themselves, so, who cares WHY they're not here, noone wants them here, they're gone, leave it at that.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

I have been coming to MMORPG.com for years. I have seen hundreds of games listed here, and have heard about many of them from this sight first (including Mourning). And in all those games, I haven't ever seen one single game pulled because of the actions of that game's devs. I am sorry for the Mourning fanbois, but I am far more inclined to believe the staff here at MMORPG. While I personally would have left the game on the site and just pulled the message board, screens, descriptions, hype meter, and left nothing but a link and a disclaimer about the game, I support their decision to do what they have done and will continue visiting the site on a regular basis (even if I don't post nearly as much as I used to).

image image

• Mr_ManMr_Man Member Posts: 77

I DEMAND that MMORPG.com be given an award for this or else I'll sue... someone!

I wasn't really following the development of this game, but it certainly sounded like they had some real issues with speaking to their fanbase.

Good job.

This discussion has been closed.