Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Possible Playable Races, Part Three

2»

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Nice, but for a speculation post, you should imo take into account more of what we can see in screenshots and videos...

Togruta characters for example, have been seen in many videos and screenshots behaving (imo) like players.

Also, some races might be in as companions, but not as player characters; wookiees are in as companions for example, but not as a playable species (you can see a wookiee in the header of the newly released companion page today).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Rainstorme

You might want to up likelihood of Togruta. Not only have they been prominent in the lore, but one of the earliest screenshots was a human with a blue glowbat fighting a Togruta with a red glowbat.

I did say that under normal circumstances would be a definite for this game, however, if Bioware has to decide between Twi'lek and Togruta, they would definitely end up picking the Twi'lek. They have announced a significant amount of planets thus far, and I wouldn't be surprised if they also announce a significant amount of races, but I wanted to err on the side of caution here.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

All but the "left-over prop werewolf from the 30's" are top candidates!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

would be funny after these three updates if Bioware had decided only to make humans the playables. Would be a lot of hats to eat..

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

A lot of these possible races live in Republic territory.  Most of the Star Wars story takes place in Republic space and thus most of the people in it are from those races.  I wonder what sort of Sith Empire races we'll see.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

Personally I have always hated Bossk.  Other than him was there another dosh?  I could see sa a slave pet for a sith but other than that?  blech.  Wookiees are far cooler than dosh!!!!!!!

• MonsoonMonsoon Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Athcear

A lot of these possible races live in Republic territory.  Most of the Star Wars story takes place in Republic space and thus most of the people in it are from those races.  I wonder what sort of Sith Empire races we'll see.

Bothans...hehe, not really sure...but I liked my Imperial Bothan in SWG.

Monsoon Rhayne

• RainstormeRainstorme Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Rainstorme

You might want to up likelihood of Togruta. Not only have they been prominent in the lore, but one of the earliest screenshots was a human with a blue glowbat fighting a Togruta with a red glowbat.

I did say that under normal circumstances would be a definite for this game, however, if Bioware has to decide between Twi'lek and Togruta, they would definitely end up picking the Twi'lek. They have announced a significant amount of planets thus far, and I wouldn't be surprised if they also announce a significant amount of races, but I wanted to err on the side of caution here.

I would agree with you if their first announced playable species (the correct term, by the way, since races are variations within a species and those are all clearly not classifications of humans) was one of the popular ones from the beginnings of Star Wars, but since its the Rattataki, I feel like BioWare is going to go a little off the beaten path for this. Shame they decided to retcon the Rattaki from being isolated until Ventress to being out and about in the galaxy instead of just using a more interesting one, though.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Err...just wait to E3 and lets see?

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Scot

And if there are no big reveals at E3?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• kharlankharlan Member UncommonPosts: 19

Wheres the Bothans

Bring on the Bothans

BOTHANS BOTHANS :P

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Originally posted by greed0104

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Why  not just give a link to the Wookieepedia races page?

Because wookieepedia isn't going to speculate on what races may be in ToR.

Do these articles?

Most of them almost definitely can't make it into the game because they'd require unique voice actors. Simply not going to happen. These articles just seem intended to remind people of the author's favorite Star Wars races.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

What  -  no elves !!!   NO ELVES    ;op

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by eisenryu

Yuuzhan Vong anyone?

Not just no but hell no. Its far too early for them to be on the scene, Secondly at this time period they pretty much hate all non Yuuzhan Vong, they exist outside the force too so they couldn't be force users. They hate technology too. They would practically have to be their own faction. Lastly, they are simply just stupid. They dont' really fit in Star Wars. They sound more like a Babylon 5 or Star Trek refugee that somehow snuck into Star Wars.

• bhimabhima Member Posts: 81

The Twi'lek's are sort of the elves of the Star Wars world. Beautiful, graceful and they have tinted skin (sort of like Night Elves).

• kumobladekumoblade Member UncommonPosts: 86

Originally posted by bhima

The Twi'lek's are sort of the elves of the Star Wars world. Beautiful, graceful and they have tinted skin (sort of like Night Elves).

Actually the Nagai are essentially Star Wars Elves.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nagai

loldark elves.

However, I must say these lists need less Lizardmen and Less Furries** (I would have lost all respect for this site if Lepi were suggested)

** Unless its Kushiban.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

One word:

Jawas.

O_o o_O

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

WOOKIES :D ¨!!! RULE .. ;)

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

I so hope we get the Togruta. If it isn't a definite, and i understand if they don't want those and twi'lek in, i'll be disappointed.

• yigaelyigael Member Posts: 42

What about Droids?? Where are the Assasin Droids? There are lots of Assasin Droids going around during that time, like the HK-47 from KOTOR, the HK-50s, and I was going to metion the IG-88 but that is from a more modern star wars time

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Scot

And if there are no big reveals at E3?

We wait till E4?

• WumiWumi Member UncommonPosts: 85

Java jedi plz

Wumi - SWG - Bloodfin - Cancelled
    Wumi - WoW - Eu-Kazzak - Cancelled
    Bulldozer - Aion - Eu-Kahrun - Cancelled
    Wumi - Rift - EU-Riptalon - Cancelled

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

I'd love to be an Amorphiian. Seriously. People always love the unique chance to meet an Amorphiian.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174

Glad to see Shistavenen eventually made it on the list. They're my favorite species and I would love to see them become playable in TOR.

• XiaraXiara Member Posts: 21

Out of all the races I simply request Togruta and Twi'lek. Though I would love to see Deveronian, Trandoshan, Rodian, and maybe even Ithorians. Honestly, keep the humanoid looking races to a minimum...we really need human AND zabrak?

Oh and Han shot first!

~Xiara D'Aarmon