Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Cash Shop..

RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Is it still all fluff items or do they sell game breaking stuff that could potentially ruin ones experience?

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

fluff items.

they recently added a mount which actually is quite decent and exclusive to the gift shop. you can get better mounts in-game though.  this was pretty much the first item that had real stats and stuff, so it caused a bit of stir.  still it's by no means required and no one i know bought one.  although i have seen some people with it.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• krenalorkrenalor Member Posts: 214

One or two servers have accounts and items for sale. GAME BREAKING

Originally posted by krenalor

One or two servers have accounts and items for sale. GAME BREAKING

i think he was asking about the sony marketplace shop available to all servers, not about the bazaar server.  but yes, there is a server (or two?) where you can sell your loot and characters to other players.  this server has a completely separate economy from the rest of the game.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Its all fluff items except the mount, plus expensive potions that can give a bit of a boost to the experience you earn over a short period of time (not worth it, in my opinion).

The mount made people angry because it has stats and they promised they'd never do that. Though the furor seems to have died down.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Well, there are experience potions but EQ2 has the fastest leveling speed of any modern MMORPG on the market.

Other than appearance armor fluff and house items, there's also an expensive mount that offers a speed buf, but EQ2 also has the fastest runspeed of any modern MMORPG.  I mean seriously, my characters all sound like they're tap dancing.

• JonolinbJonolinb Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Well, there are experience potions but EQ2 has the fastest leveling speed of any modern MMORPG on the market.

Other than appearance armor fluff and house items, there's also an expensive mount that offers a speed buf, but EQ2 also has the fastest runspeed of any modern MMORPG.  I mean seriously, my characters all sound like they're tap dancing.

Think you could add some more misinformation to your post? Of the modern MMOs, EQII takes longer than most to level. The run speed isn't anything special and the mount came straight from WoW.

Originally posted by Jonolinb

Of the modern MMOs, EQII takes longer than most to level. 

Let's see, from what I've played:

LoTRO, slower than EQ2.

Vanguard, slower than EQ2

AION, slower than EQ2

FFXI, slower than EQ2

AoC, same or maybe a tad faster than EQ2.

WoW, never played, but i've heard it's faster.

Which MMOs have you played that have faster leveling than EQ2?

- Raph Koster

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I agree with Jono.  EQ2 is definitely a slow leveler compared to a lot of mmo's. I played Lotro from alpha testing through launch and it is unrealistically too fast to level compared to any mmo imo.  I played EQ2 for a couple years and out of 5 toons, my highest is only 45. Of course that was before SOE supposedly added all the new solo content and was when they added the desert expansion.

Btw I also had 5 toons in Lotro, all high level and two of them are at max level for the game.

• RiboflavinRiboflavin Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Ragana

Is it still all fluff items or do they sell game breaking stuff that could potentially ruin ones experience?

I have been searching for a game to delve my time into. I keep thinking about eq2, it has most of what I want in a game. The cash shop kicked me in the jimmy though. Why would I want to level a crafter to max level, which crafting is one of the cool things about eq2, when someone could just pay real money and get what they wanted instantly? Please ff14 dont suck...... I have no home....

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Riboflavin

Originally posted by Ragana

I have been searching for a game to delve my time into. I keep thinking about eq2, it has most of what I want in a game. The cash shop kicked me in the jimmy though. Why would I want to level a crafter to max level, which crafting is one of the cool things about eq2, when someone could just pay real money and get what they wanted instantly? Please ff14 dont suck...... I have no home....

Actually, there are only certain things on the CS that you can buy, its not like a carpenter can't make some badass items that people want. They totally can, sure there are some housing things up there, but you can still make some good items that people will still pay for.

As far as the game goes, aside from the CS which is really just some fluff items, it's a great game and there are tons of things to do in it.

It's always had a special place in my MMO-heart, even when I'm not actively playing it.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by arieste

Originally posted by Jonolinb

Of the modern MMOs, EQII takes longer than most to level. 

Let's see, from what I've played:

LoTRO, slower than EQ2.

Vanguard, slower than EQ2

AION, slower than EQ2

FFXI, slower than EQ2

AoC, same or maybe a tad faster than EQ2.

WoW, never played, but i've heard it's faster.

Which MMOs have you played that have faster leveling than EQ2?

AoC is solidly faster than EQ2.