Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think we need to clarify:

MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368

Most people in this forum don't hate Mourning. Well, not completely.

Here's the thing: Mourning has the potential to be a lot to a lot of people. It's claiming to have features that many of us veteran MMo players have been waiting for since...Pre-Trammel UO for some, Old-School EQ for others. Basically, we're afraid of being let down. We're afraid of it being another Wish, or Horizons, or Dawn, Etc.

We don't want to accept the game, get to like the game, and then have the game turn into a pile of shit, dashing our hopes once again. So, we pick at every little thing we can find ( and some things aren't that little, to be honest.). This isn't meant solely to convince others, as most folks intelligent enough to be following an MMo are at least intelligent enough to form their own opinions, if not communicate them very well. Mostly, our criticisms are to convince ourselves, that this game isn't worth our time, that it's going to be crap, it won't exist, etc, etc. That way, when the game inevitably disappoints us, we can say "Yea, I knew it all along."

So, Egomancer, and to a lesser extent, Spoonbender: Don't take what we say about Mourning so personally. There are indeed a few trolls, but honestly you should be mature enough to ignore people who are so obviously just flaming flamers (Doesn't fire burn trolls though? Wierd.) What we are expressing is our cynicism, our shield against being let down yet again.

P.S. The crap about sueing some random asshat on the internet...wow. Take a deeeep breath...Ok, Welcome back to reality. If the RIAA, an organization that is exponentially more powerful and rich than your tiny indie game company, can't sue most of the people stealing music, what are your chances of sueing a defamer? In fact, go to www.maddox-xmission.net and see how many times that guy has been sucessfully sued. His articles aren't exactly cold, hard facts. For that matter, check out www.penny-arcade.com and read the archives. They have a comic where they say that the CEO of a company developing a game console called "The Phantom" can't have an orgasm unless he kills a dog. No, they weren't sucessfully sued for that. Welcome to the internet.

-----------------------------
Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby

Comments

• MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368

UPDATE:

Still don't hate Mourning. However, I seem to be developing some sincerely negative emotions towards the idiots who are in charge of the game. Hmmm....

You know, I don't hate Chuck E. Cheese's, but there's a Manager there who's a real prick, and so I have nothing to do with the place.

-----------------------------
    Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by MisfitZ
    UPDATE:
    Still don't hate Mourning. However, I seem to be developing some sincerely negative emotions towards the idiots who are in charge of the game. Hmmm....
    You know, I don't hate Chuck E. Cheese's, but there's a Manager there who's a real prick, and so I have nothing to do with the place.

*laughing* This is what they really don't seem to get and why they are never going to make it.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• BoogieBoogie Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by

*laughing* This is what they really don't seem to get and why they are never going to make it.

yeah cause its you people here that decide the games fate <--Sarcasm. . . . Ive seen some constructive posts about the game here , Ive seen some downright idiotic ones as wel. . .

But seriously all you people who are so convinced that you got "the facts" need to get of your high horse and realize your not part of the solution but the problem. . . .

Be good  

B.

Rather rule in hell , than serve in heaven

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Boogie
    Originally posted by*laughing* This is what they really don't seem to get and why they are never going to make it.
    yeah cause its you people here that decide the games fate <--Sarcasm. . . . Ive seen some constructive posts about the game here , Ive seen some downright idiotic ones as wel. . .

But seriously all you people who are so convinced that you got "the facts" need to get of your high horse and realize your not part of the solution but the problem. . . .

Be good
    B.

ohhh, I see. So now I can't make a comment about what I feel the future of the game is? Who exactly is "all you people" since your a member here just like anyone else?

OFCOURSE I am not part of the solution, I am not part of the dev team, at MOST I am a consumer eager to buy a product. I don't solve problems for companies I buy from, not unless they PAY me ofcourse. What facts are we talking about by the way? Please enlighten me.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World