Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate Evolution: Latest Trailer Reveals Octavius Faction

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Gazillion Entertainment and NetDevil have released this latest trailer for the upcoming sci-fi space faring MMOG Jumpgate: Evolution. The new trailer focuses on the Octavius faction, one of three playable factions in Jumpgate: Evolution.

Click the image above or go here to watch the trailer.

Comments

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Perhaps this shouldn't be in EverQuest II news. :p

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Saerain

Perhaps this shouldn't be in EverQuest II news. :p

It's not.

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

I can't wait to see where they are going with this redesign game. I hope its not just about the PvP... not saying that massive PvP shoudn't be one of the main attraction for the game... just that this game needs to be more than a shallow shooter game in space.

Idk, I have a funny feeling that it will turn out great. (Meaningful space exploration, resssource gathering, great story/politic plots, crafting, market, everything!! ) 

:crossfingers:: 

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by Nekrataal

I can't wait to see where they are going with this redesign game. I hope its not just about the PvP... not saying that massive PvP shoudn't be one of the main attraction for the game... just that this game needs to be more than a shallow shooter game in space.

Idk, I have a funny feeling that it will turn out great. (Meaningful space exploration, resssource gathering, great story/politic plots, crafting, market, everything!! ) 

:crossfingers:: 

I would say you have too high expectations, which wont be satisfied in any case. If they would manage to implement all this you mentioned it would be "the" game, but i dont have the trust in mmo industry that any one of them will ever manage it.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

well this trailer is nice and all but by the amount of units for all we know its a mmorts...

and you gotta be kiddin me ..  machineguns in space.. hope they dont use bullets..

other than that pretty nice trailer

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

Rail guns would work.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Maybe this should not be in Darkfall News ....

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

Maybe this should not be in Darkfall News ....

You guys are on something. :P

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Yay, a faction led by Jason Statham.

Perhaps they engage in interstellar combat wearing shellsuits and piloting XR3i's modified for spaceflight.

Seriously though, good to get some news. Looks like Netdevil felt the DAOC set-up might work for there game too.

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• LordKyellanLordKyellan Member Posts: 160

Um, actually, Mike - they're not on something. According to the news feed on the right-hand side, it's in EQII news, Darkfall News, Star Wars Galaxies News, City of Heroes News and... *snort*... Asheron's Call 2 news!

--------

"Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Cool.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• GrifinGrifin Member Posts: 91

Like the factory scene,s,So whens the movie?Oh! its gonna be a game.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Originally posted by matrixvs

well this trailer is nice and all but by the amount of units for all we know its a mmorts...

and you gotta be kiddin me ..  machineguns in space.. hope they dont use bullets..

other than that pretty nice trailer

Actually a shell using a chemical oxidizer inside the casing along with the fuel (could be black powder) and an ignition unit (instead of a fuse would be a chemical agent that react with the oxidizer) would create an explosion of gas and heat to propell a bullet at high velocity in a zero g environment also would heat the bullet to very high heats depending on the oxidizer.  All this in a matter of nano-seconds.  So you could have heat and kinetic damage from the bullet.

So yes a machine gun could be made to work in space just not in the way you think.  Think mini chemically fuel rockets launched from a gun, but with no self propulsion or guidance.