Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

installer have a virus ??

Comments

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

Hi. I'm one of the two devs working on the perpetuum client code.

Those are false positive hits most probably resulting from our client update system (the system replaces the program with a newer version and this behavior can easily be mistaken by antivirus software as it's something malware does a lot).

We have contacted the developers of the antivirus programs in question and sent the client for false positive evaluation - this means that once the client has been checked by them it will be added to their database and their next updates should recognize it as safe.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i cant check if you are a dev( i hope you are )

thx for the fast reply

BestSigEver :P

Ok, let me just put your mind at ease then :)

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/381/client-malware-concerns/

Originally posted by BoyC

Ok, let me just put your mind at ease then :)
    http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/381/client-malware-concerns/

awesome

Both the installer and the client test clean now, we're working on getting a digital signature so this doesn't happen again.

Originally posted by BoyC

Both the installer and the client test clean now, we're working on getting a digital signature so this doesn't happen again.

indeed is fixed

www.virustotal.com/ro/analisis/87d8198704b3a3a8ad8a72c084ade9b6e10f78bcada0791f07a464cae73b6c58-1257250361

edit damn links

• skeltskelt Member Posts: 5

jumping of the subject I have registered for beta fora bout 3weeks now and no reply could i get an invite?