Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell me some F2P download games

steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

I've been looking at the game list and at all the F2P mmo's and i dont know which ones to play. I've tried a few but didnt really like them. What games from the list do you guys play?

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Try WoW.. it is the worlds largest MMO, and F2P:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/wowclient-download.html

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

you pay $15.00 a month to play Wow. lol

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

Free to pay or free-free?

SecondLife you can do most anything for free, most communities that have a game going will supply you with the necessities (scripts, clothes etc.). Good to spend a few buck if you can spare it though.

PlaneShift? Haven’t played for a long time, but it’s free and pretty good as an indie game, and I’m sure deepened since last I played. Don't bug them for WoW features while you are there ;)

Oh, MoM is worth looking into too. Minions of Mirth. free-free too, but you can pay once if you want extra, but does not limit you if you don't as f2p's do.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• rahj83rahj83 Member Posts: 77

lol to first response

To OP, some of the more popular F2P games are:

Runes of Magic

Allods

Aika

Bright Shadow (Don't ask me why)

Dungeons and Dragons Online

I dunno what else, Wizard 101 I suppose, Free Realms...um...there's a Pirate one...I dunno. I play DDO, Allods and Aika. IMO they are the best in the F2P market as of right now.

For the allods game, are there different races and classes?

Originally posted by steeler989

Free to play does not mean that there is no monthly fee option. It just meanst that you can download and play for free, vs P2P, where you need to shell out money up front to play.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Superman0X

Free to play does not mean that there is no monthly fee option. It just meanst that you can download and play for free, vs P2P, where you need to shell out money up front to play.

Maybe on your planet, but here on Earth you'll find that WoW has a limited free trial and then they expect 15$ a month.

We earthlings don't get F2P WoW like your people, so please, teach us your ways...

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

there is no free to play option in WoW anyways. just the 10 day free trial.

back to my question, in Allods Online, are there different races and classes?

You mean, where you download the game, and play... for free....

That is what F2P means. I do agree that it kinda sucks as a free game, but hey WoW is a F2P,  Pay to Win game.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Superman0X

You mean, where you download the game, and play... for free....

That is what F2P means. I do agree that it kinda sucks as a free game, but hey WoW is a F2P,  Pay to Win game.

my brain hurts...

from the WoW Faq

Is there a monthly fee to play the game?

Yes. After the end of the free month included with the game, you need a subscription in order to continue playing the game. There are three subscription options: a month-to-month package at $14.99 per month, a three-month plan at $13.99 per month, and a six-month plan at $12.99 per month. The subscription fees for the three-month plan and the six-month plan must be paid in full.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

He means it's F2P back on Krypton, where they've been playing it way longer than us and it's had to go F2P in order to compete against FFXXI.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Yes, there are different races and classes in Allods. It's a very solid free to download, free to play game. It offers a cash shop, though, as can be expected.

And to the superman dude, I think your term for F2P is not the same as mine. For example, I consider Guild Wars free to play, because I do not pay a monthly fee. It is not a free game though...The games I listed in reply to this thread are free to play and free to own. Does that clear that up? WoW is neither free to own or free to play. You can begin a 10 day free trial, but then you must buy a copy of the game ( or you used to, not sure about today) and subscribe for a fee.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Perfect World

DDO

Runes of Magic

Atlantica Online

Allods Online

THose are all decent F2P games. WoW is only free if you play on an illegal private server.

Dustin

yeah thats what i was asking for. free to play and free to own.

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Even though I hate to admit it, I really like Battle of the Immortals. image

One of the things I like about how the cash shop is run is that, when you hover over an item, it tells you in the tooltip where the item can be obtained in-game. That way, you can save on cash if you are a patient person, like me. image

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

Originally posted by negentropy

One of the things I like about how the cash shop is run is that, when you hover over an item, it tells you in the tooltip where the item can be obtained in-game. That way, you can save on cash if you are a patient person, like me. image

Battle of the Immortals, eh? I was wondering about that one myself, I may have to check it out once I'm done playing in the APB beta going on right now.

that game is pretty fun, they sent me a beta invite. pretty cool. but i got stuck and then i just quit the game.

( i really did get stuck. everytime a made a new character, i couldn't do anything. yet again, it was the beta.)

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by rahj83

Originally posted by negentropy

Battle of the Immortals, eh? I was wondering about that one myself, I may have to check it out once I'm done playing in the APB beta going on right now.

Well, just remember  that its 2.5D and it does have that Asian MMO look to it,

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks. I haven't been able to decide quite yet what makes this game so much fun, but I always have a blast when I play.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill