Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

downloading the trial atm

blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

haven't played since about 9 months after release, starting fresh on a trial account but have a quesiton:

any server more newb friendly than others?  possibly with a decent population leveling up or guilds that accept new players to help them learn the ropes ?

(yeah, I know, it's all bots, it's too top heavy, nobody plays alts,  NCSoft doesn't care about the community, play something else, etc :P)

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by blackthornn

haven't played since about 9 months after release, starting fresh on a trial account but have a quesiton:

any server more newb friendly than others?  possibly with a decent population leveling up or guilds that accept new players to help them learn the ropes ?

(yeah, I know, it's all bots, it's too top heavy, nobody plays alts,  NCSoft doesn't care about the community, play something else, etc :P)

For US join Phoenix and for Euro join Teon. As for guild it should not be hard to find one as I see alot of low levels guilds that are looking for people. Acutally botting use to be an issue but not anymore because they are mostly gone from the game. Alot of people do play alts and subs and I dont think NC Soft is as bad as alot of people make them out to be.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I always wished I had tried Lineage II in its prime as I've enjoyed my time on other servers, but I always got the feeling that I had missed the boat so to speak.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I always wished I had tried Lineage II in its prime as I've enjoyed my time on other servers, but I always got the feeling that I had missed the boat so to speak.

Oh, it was a blast. People everywhere, people traveling on the land as opposed to porting everywhere. Mobs all over the land so that it was actually dangerous in some places.

Was a good time.

Not to mention pk'ers everywhere, people holding towns hostage, retaliation, the first keeps to be taken. etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

www.lionna.com

Its was fun.

----------------------

Sitting quietly on the steps in Aden, Marcus looked over at the Dark Elf held tightly between his arms. Her head was getting heavier on his shoulder and her weight was leaning into him slightly more, either a sign that the Southerly breeze from the Forest of Mirrors was racing up through the walls of Aden Town and onto the unprotected steps and affecting her, or perhaps she was just falling asleep. It had been another long day in Aden.

Sensing the limpness in her posture he realised she had again fallen asleep in his arms. He loved it that she did this, it showed him that the trust between them was nearly complete. Marcus however wasnt feeling all that sleepy. With the recent departure of Trambore and Wacoal from his clan, his thoughts were on friends past and present.

He thought of his early friends, the dwarves Arattoa and Kionast and the dark elf Hawkins. A smile formed on his face as he thought of the early days spent in Aden with them, the look on Hawkins face when that first Bugbear was stunned. Chuckling, he thought, I still love that skill. He remembered that first wyrm near Giran, how Hawkins kited it while he chasing them both, trying to stun the beast. Damn that DE was fast, it was always funny trying to keep up with him.

He had such great plans with Kionast and Arattoa. They would form a clan of honour, one that people would gladly give their wares to, to have them crafted into more expensive items. Arattoa would become a great warsmith and Kionast a great Treasure Hunter, or so the plan went. At the time he met a dwarf called Tooquel, one that was discouraged with his life in Adena and threatened not to stay long in this land. Tooquel is still in OrB, he thought, still threatening to leave but fortunately still here. Magda came into his life at the time also as did others, an orc called Tutor, a crazy but honourable paladin called Renaldo, an even crazier but funloving Silver Ranger called Puffgab and others. He thought back on times when he walked to Hunters Village to meet these people. They sat and drank ale and told stories and life was good.

A shudder ran through his beloved as the wind pushed through Aden, returning his thoughts to the present. What keeps this Paladin here, what makes life worth living in this world. He had so many plans in those early days and now where are they? Smiling again he realised that his clan, the Order of the Rising Blade, had grown into a noble group of people.

The smile remained on his face as he recalled their last clan hunt last weekend. Standing on the bridge at death valley with his beloved and his clanmates, Marcus dropped his katana onto the ground before turning his head and letting it be picked up by another in the party. Goilveig has quickly grabbed it and had instantly returned it to him.

He wondered if the clan really knew how important that moment was to him, to be able to show his beloved the trust he felt for the people he fought with, joked with and sometimes, unfortunately, had to say goodbye to.

Trambore had been his friend for many a month now. While he was as stubborn as a mule he had always been a great mate. It hurt to now think he had left the Order to join Vendetta and Puffgab, but it wouldnt stop him from being a good mate. Too much had been done together to throw it away in a fit of anger.

Again feeling the breeze race up the steps of Aden, Marcus held his beloved a little tighter, noticing her stirring slightly under his arm, and thought more of his friends.

Arelameth had become his rock. Her leadership on their hunts, the promise of raids with the clan, these things held great promise. He remembered the fear he had of losing her from the clan when she became suddenly weakened in spirit. How happy he was that her spirit had returned.

He loved his clan and his friends. The banter between him and Mizzi, which reminds him so much of Arattoa, the quiet determination of Huy, the endless enthusiasm of Blackwargreymon, the strength of Magda, the quiet respect for Zykri and Acwalia, the intelligence of Mugi and Goilveig, these things really mattered to him. He remembered the cries of anguish on the face of Mugi at the thought of losing half the clan (to Gameguard).

The past, the present, the future, the warm memories, the respect, the parfaits. His life in this place was not measured in coffee spoons, in this place he did dare eat a peach, he felt comfortable giving old friends like Ili a hug.

Pulling his beloved a little tighter he knew that life here continued to be worth living. New issues now faced them, such as the split of the Alliance into two (or more) parts, the ever present Age of Darkness, the always present threat of war with the wealthier clans of this land. Putting his head closer to hers, Marcus could hear that Noctoos had fallen into a deeper sleep.

How would things affect the relationship with his old friend Puff. Would the Estranged alliance grow stronger under his old mate or will it collapse. Will Chaosmuse and Tsaroth be good alliance leaders. Will other old friends stand up and lead well. Will he one day feel that he must do it himself.

Time will tell. With the strength and love from his partner, the trust of his clan and the friendship of those around him, maybe it will one day happen.

Tilting his head slightly and resting it on hers, his eyes grew weary and he too started to take a nap. He fell asleep quietly on the steps of Aden this day, knowing he loved this world and that he still wanted to be....

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Even though I started in C4 when the game was highly populated I always wished I had been there day 1. Funny thing is that back when Guild Wars came out I got a Free copy of Lineage 2 for pre ordering Guild War from Frys Electronics. Thats how I got my first taste of Lineage 2 which was in 2004 when it first came out. Back then I was  totally against paying for mmos but I never really even knew what they where. I just knew that they where online only and  other people was playing but I was thinking more of like Diablo online then a game that has thousands of people playing. So I did install Lineage 2 and did the free month but all I would ever do was run outside Talking Island and die trying to kill something. I did this off and on a coulple times a week for that whole month and then cancelled my sub. I was mainly just playing those Guild Wars beta weekends waiting for the official release. Afther about a year of Guild Wars I was ready to finally try a real mmo so I thought about that game I once tried called Lineage 2. Searched for Lineage 2 online to read about it and found something called Private Servers. Thats how I started playing Lineage 2 and learned what mmos where really about. After about a a year of private servers I decided to go to retail and I have been there ever since. I just wished that I would have stayed with Lineage 2 back when I did that free month of running outside of Talking Island getting killed by orcs.

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

You are right. They are banning a lot of bots and even if you buy adena and get caught u will get a 7 day ban and they will take away the gear.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

/sigh

well, after 2 download attempts on the client thru fileplanet, both being invalid or corrupted files, now it's off to gamershell to try downloading it again (man I'm glad my isp doesn't have bandwidth caps in place)

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

/sigh

well, after 2 download attempts on the client thru fileplanet, both being invalid or corrupted files, now it's off to gamershell to try downloading it again (man I'm glad my isp doesn't have bandwidth caps in place)

I feel your pain. I had this happen to me a couple of times. Are you using the File Planet downloader to extract the files or are you going into the dowload folder and trying to do a manual install your self?

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

was doing the auto download free membership fileplanet thing.  the up to date one was bugged to hell but I grabbed the file from hellbound chapter (?) and it  worked fine so now I just have a metric shit-ton of patching to do (2 days of the 14 day trial nicely torched)

• ArradienArradien Member Posts: 49

If you know that it's "all bots, it's too top heavy, nobody plays alts, NCSoft doesn't care about the community, play something else, etc :P" Then why down load it, stress about it pay for it and play it? Lineage 2 is a dead game. They are currently starting up server merges which may say will only leave 2 North American a 1 Euro server.  There are a tone of better games with more friendly communities and some you don't even have to pay for.

Unless you are going to double or triple box, bot or have many friends playing that will create new characters to Lvl with you, you will be on your own leveling up as most people are 75+. The lineage community will not want to know you and no one trusts people they don't know. NCSoft tryely do NOT care about the community and if you get into technical or A/c problems too bad tough luck. NCSoft is considered to be one of the worst customer care companies.

Originally posted by Arradien

If you know that it's "all bots, it's too top heavy, nobody plays alts, NCSoft doesn't care about the community, play something else, etc :P" Then why down load it, stress about it pay for it and play it? Lineage 2 is a dead game. They are currently starting up server merges which may say will only leave 2 North American a 1 Euro server.  There are a tone of better games with more friendly communities and some you don't even have to pay for.

Unless you are going to double or triple box, bot or have many friends playing that will create new characters to Lvl with you, you will be on your own leveling up as most people are 75+. The lineage community will not want to know you and no one trusts people they don't know. NCSoft tryely do NOT care about the community and if you get into technical or A/c problems too bad tough luck. NCSoft is considered to be one of the worst customer care companies.

Every post you make is about the exact same thing. Now I really want to know how hard did you fail at this game?

• ArradienArradien Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Mannish

Originally posted by Arradien

Every post you make is about the exact same thing. Now I really want to know how hard did you fail at this game?

Fail? Who said I failed? LOL you are a sad fanboy with no credibility. Don't diss me as I only diss NCSoft because they deserve it or I will lay it on thick and fast you will cry to your momma. Play nice.

You talk about Lineage 2 but you never talk about your own experience you had when playing the game.  All you talk about is the game is full of bots and bad customer service. What class did you play? How was your clan? Did you do any sieges, or TW wars? How did you do in Olympiad? Where you with a pve or pvp clan? What kind of gear were you able to afford? Did you make good friends in game? How good were you at making adena?

These are the things that a true lineage 2 player would have at least said something about by now. So yes you do fail.