Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG, Pure Awesomeness!

meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I have found my Fantasy MMO, this game is getting more and more exciting.

I am so in love with the warrior class right now, that trailer was so enticing....and i know it was probably a high lvl warrior against low lvl minions but it was soooo cool!

I can't wait to make a Char!

Comments

• frogifrogi Member Posts: 18

At least there's something to get excited about.  GW2 is breaking some molds and setting itself apart from the MMO clones.

I'll admit to being a fan boy.   To the point I'm just going to play GW until GW2 launches and stop downloading all the junk games in the interim.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

While I do have high hopes for this game perhaps because I didn't reallly enjoy the first one all that much keeps me from jumping in the bandwagon this early in the product cycle.

We'll see.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

@ Kyleran - I'm somewhat in the same boat...

GW1 is a lot of fun, but it was not the type of open-world multiplayer online game I like. Then again, they didn't advertize it much as an MMO, they usually called it a coop-ORPG and have made clear this will be a full fledged MMO. That plus the fact that I have probably gotten 500 hours of value out of the $50-75 I spent on GW1 and still have only been through 2/3 of the content, are reasons to be hopeful.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

One month ago I didnt know a thing about GW1 or 2

then I accidentally read about the dynamic systems

since then I bought the GW1, planning to finish its content and buy the expansion just to get into the story(also I enjoy the limitless combinations) and I hit F5 on ANet pages all day long

Yeah ama fanboy...But because this game just astonish you if you actually take your time and read about it...

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• shazuginshazugin Member UncommonPosts: 70

I'm stoked for this game BUT its never good to think a game is going to be end all be all mmo because once the game is released and its not everything you hoped and planned it would be you tend to lose interest.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well. Wish I knew the release date. I want a Porsche too but stand a better chance of getting the release date one day.

• Spawn_GRSpawn_GR Member Posts: 26

I never said being a fanboy is a bad thing ;) (at least as long as you know you are one :P)

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I know, it is hopeless. But please try to lower the hype a bit. All we have right now are some words and some little class demos.

Okay... hopeless

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by Pigozz

One month ago I didnt know a thing about GW1 or 2

then I accidentally read about the dynamic systems

since then I bought the GW1, planning to finish its content and buy the expansion just to get into the story(also I enjoy the limitless combinations) and I hit F5 on ANet pages all day long

Yeah ama fanboy...But because this game just astonish you if you actually take your time and read about it...

Pretty similar for me. I never really bothered trying GW1 in the past, it didnt look like something that would interest me much and i just got caught up in playing so many other wastes of time & money, but after starting to see some of the news about GW2 I decided to give GW1 a shot and was hooked right away. Even without being a full MMO, it still surpasses many MMOs in several aspects and its a great game overall, and everything ive seen points to Arenanet being one of the only companies that actually gives a damn about putting out a quality product rather than their only priority being raking in a smuch $ as possible . With all the innovations theyre trying to put into GW2 and how just plain fun it sounds, if they can bring anywhere near the quality of the first GW over its going to put so many other games & companies to shame.

I admit to being a fanboy of GW and Arenanet now too, cause theyre both as you put it just pure awesomeness.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i'm really glad to hear that some of you guys are playing GW1 after hearing abt GW2, and are having a good time

i've been actively playing for nearly 5 years now, and still do, especially with the rolling War in Kryta updates

lets us support ANET in their endeavor to change the MMO landscape by buying their games

see you guys ingame ! and in GW2!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Asuran21Asuran21 Member Posts: 9

Yea, I love how ArenaNet is always trying to make a great quality product. I just hope they stay like that and don't start realizing that now that they made 2 great games that they're big fans will buy their product whether it good quality or not, and start making bad games just to make some cash. I want them to continously make good products.