Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB new information on this title.

Has anyone heard any news at all?

We know so little. 

Currently Playing: The Game

Comments

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

i guess we need to know what you know so we know where to start telling you what we know.

Only thing i really know, its supposed to be F2P

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by HitechLolife

We know so little. 

I ll give you some.

CO online with different graphics, or if we are optimistic, COX with different graphics.

You play it one month and then you will move on.

Do you need any more information?

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by godzilr1

i guess we need to know what you know so we know where to start telling you what we know.
    Only thing i really know, its supposed to be F2P

^^^what he said!

And I would have to agree with Garick that SOE is pretty pathetic when it comes to listening to the PAYING customers....

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen at massively

www.massively.com/2010/03/12/gdc10-massivelys-interview-with-dc-universe-online/

While most of the world is persistent, these "big name" quests and missions will be instanced so you won't find ten Batman characters running around the same area.

DCUO has been careful not to have too much of a heavy hand with the instances, however. "[if we do that] then we're not paying off on an MMO. If I want a single player game I'll go play a single player game. I'm there with my friends [...] and we want to progress together."

Many of the standard MMO features are a sure thing in addition to persistence: guilds (leagues and legions), auction houses, crafting, and much more.

Daubert promised something exciting in the near future: fans will get a more extensive look at DC Universe Online at E3 in June

: "we've got Metropolis and Gotham ready to show. We haven't shown any of Gotham yet, and I think the fans will be super excited once they see the darker side of the DC Universe."

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

?Originally posted by ste2000

Originally posted by HitechLolife

We know so little. 

I ll give you some.

CO online with different graphics, or if we are optimistic, COX with different graphics.

You play it one month and then you will move on.

Do you need any more information?

I love reading comments like these, it makes you wonder how you can consider yourself a true mmo player when people post comments like this that ellude to a game being a failure if it doesn't make you play for?  I'm just curious how long is that?  You can tell us how long you "feel" one needs to play an mmo to make it a "success" but that's is entirely your own opinion.  you are right about one thing though we will all play it for a certain amount of time and move on you know why?  Because that's what we all do going by your logic one can say any game we liked but no longer play is a failure but I wonder how so many mmo players draw these conclusions when just about anyone who calls themselves an mmo vet has to have moved on from some game by now and with so few mmo's really closed down there is a good chance many of you no longer play games that are still kicking.

In my estimation the desire to play for months on end is one of the attractions to mmo's but far from the only reason  to play an mmo. So in answer to your question I like the op does need actual information and not really snide comments like this one.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

Originally posted by Garick

This game is created by SOE (Shit On Everyone) Entertainment. It is just one of many epic fails on this companies  epic, epic fail train express.  After the game is out, it will be another in a long line of failures that is kept on life support from their console stuff when they make major changes to the game that no one wants.

This company does NOT care about its customers or what they want. See (SWG) for evidence, see not So (Free Realms) and most every other game they have made lately. Its about the dollar, and damn any player or consumers desire.

That's the best acronym for SOE i have ever heard, SWG i will never forgive them , if this game was great i would be happy but i have heard bad things from people that saw the demo

• MeromorphMeromorph Member Posts: 75

I am a DC fan but these two things made me give up on the game:

1.  Only two zones at launch, Gotham and Metropolis.  

2.  Each character only gets one type of power, like "fire."  The explicitly said you can't make combinations like fire and ice.  

The main thing I like in an MMO is building my character, not so much the aesthetics, but learning about the skills and combining them in interesting ways.   It sounds like DCUO will be a step back from City of Heroes, which at least let us pick two types of skills.   But my favorite type of skill system is the ones that are totally open and allow the most possibilities, since CO has this I like it despite some other flaws it has.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

You are wrong on both those accounts I am afraid. Only 2 cities have been announced so far, the game director said they would have a new city ready to demo at E3 and they will be announcing more cities and areas closer to launch, whoever said Gothem and Metropolis were gonna be the only cities at launch.

And you also said that  you only get one power set, that is somewhat true yet completely wrong at the same time. Lets say you start off with a sword, 2 handed, you fight with it and have base stats like your run speed, strength, jump height etc., so than later on you pick fire, so you attack with your sword and shoot fire, but than if you want to go defensive you go into a defensive stance and than you have all new fire attacks that help you defend better, than your team needs help so you go into support stance to heal or buff them with your fire, but an enemy is running away, well if you buff your strength up you can pick up a car and throw it at them to stop them from leaving, if you find a different weapon on the ground you can pick it up and equip it, now instead of a sword you have a fighting staff, now your fire attacks change, you can unequip a weapon if you want to buff your strength more and fight single handed, than your attacks change again. The way they are making this game is that you can fight your way, you choose a base power yes but you dont see Ice Man blasting out fire, yet he still seems to get the job done. For your hero to make any sense he needs to just have that power, and you have to find or unlock ways to use that power. If you wanted to be like superman, buff up your strength all the way, fight hand to hand and choose energy, shoot out beems from your eyes and such. You are very wrong about this game man, it will be your loss if you dont get it.

Mystery Bounty