Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of player..

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Originally posted by Evile

Originally posted by pepsi1028

When approaching EVE you must first unlearn everything you think a MMO is.

Especially WoW.

Next, find a good Corp (guild) to teach you about the area of the game you want to get into (combat, scouting, market, manufacturing, mining, piracy, mercenary).

Being in a good corp will make or break EVE. EVE is not just a "PVP game" it is a massively Multiplayer PVP game in a persistant world shaped by the players actions with full loss/gain to every type of PVP interaction.

EVE in a nutshell is hardcore. My only problems with it was the feeling of needing a in game day job just to undock with anything decent. My BIGGEST problem is all the underhanded politics, scams, and such.

CCP allows any scam as long as it does not exploit the game code. A bit too far in my opinion.

Still, although not perfect, EVE is a very solid unique sandbox.

Corporate espionage my friend.  It happens in real economies and governments.

Yea but in real life someone don't just hit the disband alliance button. There are also courts in real life to deal with fraud. You can't arrest someone for fraud in game. Concord only blows people up if they open fire.

and I just said, it is MY problem with EVE, not anything more

In EVE the players are the courts.  Its up to the players who are affected to gather forces and hunt down traitors without mercy, and destroy any who are allied with them. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by ndodge

I try to pod most people who make a reference to WoW gnomes. Does that make me racist?

yes, but the good kind

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• SpliffsanSpliffsan Member Posts: 34

EVE is a game that unlike most other games does not rely on Character Level.

Your ability to rationalize and plan for the future will get you very far in eve.

I agree with many of the other posts that EVE is a game that comes into it's own with the PvP. If you like PvP and player interaction then eve is the game for you. This is not your little brother's hack and slash button masher.

Yes the skills do require a real life skill: Patience. If you lack it and just want to kill Boars in the woods go play WoW with the other 12year olds.

There is a saying I've heard many times from eve players "Everything comes with time". Just like real life you cant walk to the nearest park and kill the squirls 1million times to advance to the "next level" you have to practice and study. Also just training skills will get you nowhere in EVE. You still have to buy a ship fit it and then find a gang to fly it with. it dosn't matter if you have the skills to fly a Titan, unless you have access to the 80Billion or so it costs to aquire one.

WTF podded again?

• NytakitoNytakito Member Posts: 381

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by pepsi1028

When approaching EVE you must first unlearn everything you think a MMO is.

Especially WoW.

Next, find a good Corp (guild) to teach you about the area of the game you want to get into (combat, scouting, market, manufacturing, mining, piracy, mercenary).

Being in a good corp will make or break EVE. EVE is not just a "PVP game" it is a massively Multiplayer PVP game in a persistant world shaped by the players actions with full loss/gain to every type of PVP interaction.

EVE in a nutshell is hardcore. My only problems with it was the feeling of needing a in game day job just to undock with anything decent. My BIGGEST problem is all the underhanded politics, scams, and such.

CCP allows any scam as long as it does not exploit the game code. A bit too far in my opinion.

Still, although not perfect, EVE is a very solid unique sandbox.

Corporate espionage my friend.  It happens in real economies and governments.

Yea but in real life someone don't just hit the disband alliance button. There are also courts in real life to deal with fraud. You can't arrest someone for fraud in game. Concord only blows people up if they open fire.

In EVE the players are the courts.  Its up to the players who are affected to gather forces and hunt down traitors without mercy, and destroy any who are allied with them. 

^^ SO This

Once you grasp exactly how player driven everything in EVE really is, you will begin to understand..  That realization however, is only the mental scratch on the surface, so to speak.

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

• eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157

What kind of player? Boring, plain, arrogant, kind of player who thinks he is some top sh*t. At least thats my exp with EVE. The game is kinda gay. Lots of targeting and clicking and going afk to eat/sleep/watch TV/masturbate/play a game that doesnt blow/ do other things besides playing EVE.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

Now that you mention it, I am pretty awesome.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Doesn't take much to feel more awesome than eisenryu to be honest.

o/ let's keep him around then!

• BluefixBluefix Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by sadeyx

Er, well.. your wrong.  Sorry to put it so bluntly but your illustration is in the wrong context.

but your right about one thing, however.  It most certainly is your problem and the problem is ignorance.

Eve is not a product for the ignorant.

I'm sure your well argued reasoning will win over a lot of people /sarcasm

For the record I like the harshness of Eve, but reading posts like yours make me question myself.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by eisenryu

What kind of player? Boring, plain, arrogant, kind of player who thinks he is some top sh*t. At least thats my exp with EVE. The game is kinda gay. Lots of targeting and clicking and going afk to eat/sleep/watch TV/masturbate/play a game that doesnt blow/ do other things besides playing EVE.

in the meantime he takes screenshots of his female night elf in hawt looking epiczzzzlasorrzzzz armor.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Originally posted by Spliffsan

Patience. If you lack it and just want to kill Boars in the woods go play WoW with the other 12year olds.

How can a rational, objective person make a comment like this?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Eve is not a gamer's game. It's like plant that you have to water every once in a while. You don't have fiddle with it for it to grow, just from time to time. You tend to play many other games while playing Eve. Watch TV, work, do chores etc.. Or maybe the plant metaphor isn't good enough... hmm... an aquarium perhaps? You have to feed the fish and every once in a while you stop and enjoy all the fish. Then you move on to what you were previously doing.

You can't play Eve with the same attitude you play other games. You play it like you play Planetarion or Dominion. On the side while you're waiting for something else.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky