Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this some kind of joke? Sentinel's Fate is massive to download!?

RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

Hi folks, I've just got EverQuest II today from the post, I could only find the Shadow Odyssey full pack so I got that, so I get the game installed, account activated and now as expected I'm downloading the version update. But look at this image and tell me what you think?

I can't believe it myself, this expansion is too huge and it's now gone up to 500 hours, this isn't fair and it's not good. I feel like I've been robbed and I've not even started playing yet. =(

Comments

• ljay1973ljay1973 Member Posts: 23

The current, full , EQ2 install sitsa at aroun 12gb

I did a new install, using the SF disks a couple of weeks ago, took me about 20 minutes to download the patch required.

try restarting the download (you wont lose what you already have, it will continue where it left off)

The timer is notoriously inacurate at first, but tends to sort itself out quite quickly.

have you got any kind of firewall blocking the download?

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

Originally posted by ljay1973

I did a new install, using the SF disks a couple of weeks ago, took me about 20 minutes to download the patch required.

try restarting the download (you wont lose what you already have, it will continue where it left off)

The timer is notoriously inacurate at first, but tends to sort itself out quite quickly.

I've tried turning the AVG Firewall off but it's still taking forever to download, dam, why couldn't there been a Sentinel's Fate Full pack at Amazon where I bought the other one from. I give up and not bother with it, no EverQuest II for me then. =(

This game is robbery, I want my money back I used to buy the game.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by RudyRaccoon

I've tried turning the AVG Firewall off but it's still taking forever to download, dam, why couldn't there been a Sentinel's Fate Full pack at Amazon where I bought the other one from. I give up and not bother with it, no EverQuest II for me then. =(

Oh good god. Restart the stupid download. The numbers will restart and it will be less. Its called "a glitch". Its 12 gb big. Its not going to be downloaded in two hours.

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

LOL its a estimated download maybe just do it before you go to bed it will be done paitence helps....so does spelling too :D

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Thats a little excessive but then estimates are just that.  Also the streaming client you could use.

• TorxTorx Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by Moirae

Oh good god. Restart the stupid download. The numbers will restart and it will be less. Its called "a glitch". Its 12 gb big. Its not going to be downloaded in two hours.

Oh the Irony

---------------------------Desolation Guild WebSite-----------------------------

System Specifications:
    Coolermaster Haf932 Full tower Case
    2x 2 Tb Hard Drives

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Word of advice, do a search SOE Station Launcher, it for some reason is way faster than the regular launchers, the average download is 500k.   The Station launcher is way faster, about 6hrs to get the complete 12gig.   image

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Use the new streaming launcher.  You can get into the game right away and it downloads in the background.  If you zone into an area that you haven't been and the game hasn't downloaded that area yet you will have to wait which is around 5 - 10 minutes depending on your connection.

Thanks, it indeed is much faster and  the download is 6GB since I have all but Sentinel's Fate, I hope I'll be able to unlock the Sentinel's Fate Expansion for a small fee.

Use the new streaming launcher.  You can get into the game right away and it downloads in the background.  If you zone into an area that you haven't been and the game hasn't downloaded that area yet you will have to wait which is around 5 - 10 minutes depending on your connection.

Thanks, it indeed is much faster and  the download is 6GB since I have all but Sentinel's Fate, I hope I'll be able to unlock the Sentinel's Fate Expansion for a small fee.

I bought the SF expansion on Amazon for $19.95.  SoE is selling it on the Marketplace for 4500 SC (that's $45).  I thought it was a pretty good deal.

But wait, how do you buy just the Sentinel's Fate expansion?

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

You don't but the price at retail is dirt.