Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agricola does a hardcore interview with Craig Alexander concerning LotRO

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Well after the breaking news that LotRO is going F2P with cash shop I pulled some strings and got an interview with their Vice President Craig Alexander. I wanted to get down to the truth and find out what was going on concerning Turbine I think you may find the resulting interview enlightening as well as shocking CLICK,

Agricola.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I can't believe I just wasted a moment of my life reading that garbage.  Ugh....what some people do for entertainment.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Oh I would not say that , Congratz on the interview Agricola~!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

Refreshing to hear a businessman who is actually prepared to stand up for himself and give straightforward answers.

• frogifrogi Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by junzo316

I can't believe I just wasted a moment of my life reading that garbage.  Ugh....what some people do for entertainment.

QFT

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

What's the popular term for this these days... ah yes, EPIC FAIL.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Despite the fictional element it was quite precise. Especially the player rape parts. Or KA-CHING to shorten it a bit. Spot on.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Thanks, always appreciate a thumbs up from the Jestor there's a couple of others on the site too click. It doesn't come close to you but hey we can all do our little bit to clean up the industry. As for the haters well,

'nuff said!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Wasn't really my cup of tea, but keep doing what you do.

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

lol this is what i call an interview..

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

another dinosaur struggling in the tar pit of progress.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I am enjoying these enlightening, 'exclusive interviews' Agricola! imageKeep up the entertaining work.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Originally posted by Agricola1

Thanks, always appreciate a thumbs up from the Jestor there's a couple of others on the site too click. It doesn't come close to you but hey we can all do our little bit to clean up the industry. As for the haters well,

'nuff said!

True, but what makes some snicker makes me sad. If only we could help them out of their negative ways. :(

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Agricola1

'nuff said!

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• catmaykatecatmaykate Member Posts: 45

Looks like another cry baby thread to me, grow up its just a game you're life's are not coming to an end (sadly).

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Agreed ^^

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by catmaykate

Looks like another cry baby thread to me, grow up its just a game you're life's are not coming to an end (sadly).

Not all of us over here in the west are as accepting and open armed as you guys on the other side of the world are with respect to cash shops and F2P.  There are those of us who aren't as willing to bend over and lap this crap up.

You say cry baby and grow up, I say take your head out of the damn sand.  

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

It sounds more honest than every PR and interview out there, gratz Agricola.

• bobbadudbobbadud Member Posts: 268

Great interview.

I am already looking forward to your interviews with Mark Jacobs and smiley B. Kotick.

The first might be a bit tricky since he's apparently living in the sewers these days.

It’s embarrassing when an NPC compliments you in an MMo, the only relevant, cool and epic things come from players whispering you “Grtz, mate, we did it”. copyright Pilnkplonk

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

+1

• bobbadudbobbadud Member Posts: 268

Originally posted by Lidane

+1

-1: The interview just showed what everyone knows but is afraid to ask.

It’s embarrassing when an NPC compliments you in an MMo, the only relevant, cool and epic things come from players whispering you “Grtz, mate, we did it”. copyright Pilnkplonk

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Oooh, I just love it when someone volunteers to go on my 'block' list.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by bobbadud

-1: The interview just showed what everyone knows but is afraid to ask.

Er, no. It was just immature and silly.

It's also in denial. This isn't 2004 anymore. Games are going to go in the direction of LOTRO, since that's the market trend that's been happening for a while now. You can either accept that, or get out of the way.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Instead of just locking this trollish thread they moved it?

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

That was sadly immature, and pathetic. It shows someone who doesn't have a grasp on reality, and really doesn't understand that it really is just a game.

Also I don't think you can put a picture of a real person, use the person's actual name and then try and say that writing doesn't represent any actual person. You need to brush up on those internet lawyer skills if you think you can put an inaccurate disclaimer at the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a cease and desist letter and had to remove that sad attempt at humor.

This discussion has been closed.