Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods: FIX the boring combat and we have a winner here.

2»

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

The combat pace is fine with me. But since we live in ADD world if you're not killing a mob in 3 secs it's too long for most people. I played FF Xi which is awesome game and it had slower combat than allods. But I guess it's to hard for some people to understand that slower doesn't mean boring.

There are like 300 other games with fast comabt so play those, there are much less similar in this aspect to FF Xi so I'm happy Nival did what they did.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Allods has the potential if they would change the combat mechanics around a bit. Slow combat doesnt bother me, but when it does what almost every mmorpg does for combat, the click button skill, its just doesnt bring anything exciting to the game. For example, a great combat system is like the one in Age of Conan. You click the skill you want to use and then have to hit a series of buttons on the keyboard to get the skill to activate. That to me is allot more fun then just the mindless point and click that most of the MMOs are using.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by Falcomith

Allods has the potential if they would change the combat mechanics around a bit. Slow combat doesnt bother me, but when it does what almost every mmorpg does for combat, the click button skill, its just doesnt bring anything exciting to the game. For example, a great combat system is like the one in Age of Conan. You click the skill you want to use and then have to hit a series of buttons on the keyboard to get the skill to activate. That to me is allot more fun then just the mindless point and click that most of the MMOs are using.

Have you even played the game?  The combat system is significantly more interesting than WoW.

As for AoC, lol.  It's mostly a button mash fest

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online