Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True reason why this will flop

2»

Comments

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

It unfortunately took me a while to realize this game is dress-up-barbie with tank top's instead of dresses.  The game encompases customization solely.  If that's your thing, you will enjoy this game; the gameplay is not deep and is very repetitive grinding for the purpose of buying new cars/clothes/decals.

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

It's funny how I didn't even have to post to explain how no game is cheat-free. At least not everyone is as stupid as you.

By the way, try wall hack, aimbot, and an extremely aggressive assault class lol

People were just damn lucky I didn't have a friend healing me always, because when I did, I would go a match without deaths; period.

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by sn0wblind00

It unfortunately took me a while to realize this game is dress-up-barbie with tank top's instead of dresses.  The game encompases customization solely.  If that's your thing, you will enjoy this game; the gameplay is not deep and is very repetitive grinding for the purpose of buying new cars/clothes/decals.

You've just described every game ever made. You're always grinding for something in most games be it gear, reputation, K/D, Ladder standing, etc. The thing that is important is how much fun and entertainment can you get out of it before it becomes boring.

The customization in this game alone allows for hours of content but if that's not your thing than I can understand. The action is more that of a FPS so yes it looks repetitive but how the battles play out is what keeps them interesting. If you can't stand replaying the same maps on an FPS than I understand how it feels like grinding.

You're looking at this game the wrong way as well. The game is releasing just as a "base" for the rest of the game to be built on. A well constructed base might look simple/repetitive but things can be added to it to add depth and complexity. If the base isn't done right or they try to go for too much then things are done half assed, the game is awful, and adding new things won't help. So if your major complaints are that there isn't enough to do then good because then there isn't hit reg issues, clipping issues, poor animations, systems that don't work right, rubberbanding, bad lag, or other game breaking bugs..

I'm buying the game thinking that I will be bored of it within a month but that it has the potential to expand into a very fun world.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Originally posted by Distaste

You've just described every game ever made. You're always grinding for something in most games be it gear, reputation, K/D, Ladder standing, etc. The thing that is important is how much fun and entertainment can you get out of it before it becomes boring.

The customization in this game alone allows for hours of content but if that's not your thing than I can understand. The action is more that of a FPS so yes it looks repetitive but how the battles play out is what keeps them interesting. If you can't stand replaying the same maps on an FPS than I understand how it feels like grinding.

You're looking at this game the wrong way as well. The game is releasing just as a "base" for the rest of the game to be built on. A well constructed base might look simple/repetitive but things can be added to it to add depth and complexity. If the base isn't done right or they try to go for too much then things are done half assed, the game is awful, and adding new things won't help. So if your major complaints are that there isn't enough to do then good because then there isn't hit reg issues, clipping issues, poor animations, systems that don't work right, rubberbanding, bad lag, or other game breaking bugs..

I'm buying the game thinking that I will be bored of it within a month but that it has the potential to expand into a very fun world.

If you can get a months worth of play out of a game,honestly thats worht 50bucks. Cant remember the last PC/console game that took more than a month to beat with steady play. besides bethsada games :) and a handfull of others but not very many.

Originally posted by zaylin

Originally posted by Distaste

If you can get a months worth of play out of a game,honestly thats worht 50bucks. Cant remember the last PC/console game that took more than a month to beat with steady play. besides bethsada games :) and a handfull of others but not very many.

StarCraft 2, StarCraft 1, Diablo, White Knight Chronicles, Diablo 2, Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter III, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2.

Do I need to go on?

^

Wait, some idiot actualy thought there would be a permanent fix to aimbot/wallhacks/esp/etc.? LOL

Wow, that fool CLEARLY has not been around long enough to witness Counter-Strike pre VAC LOL

It sure as hell died down after CS pre-VAC was cruxified, but ahahahaha. Just no, there will NEVER not be hacks in FPS games. Granted most hacks now are pay to use intsead of google.ca download and get a virus.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

First off, BOTing is not cheating, I don't consider macroing to be anywhere near the same league as radar/wallhack/aimbot type cheats. Having a macro do mundane objectives isn't right, but its not game breaking. Sure, it screws up the economy, but there isn't a single MMO that isn't overrun with gold farmers.

APB is an FPS, FPS is open to a much broader range of cheats / hacks. Ones that affect gameplay in a much more detrimental manner. So, is it naive for me to say that a game thats already ruined by cheaters in beta won't have massive issues after release? I'm not saying RTW won't combat cheaters to the best of their ability, but anyone who thinks utilizing PunkBuster as the main line of defense already shows a lack of research. Sorry if I seem stubborn, but FPS games, whether MMO or not seem to have the worst time with cheating / hacking that actually affect gameplay.

Just to reiterate about WoW, there was a time when someone found a way to change the maps through MPQL or something allowing him to make tunnels that only he could use in WSG to get to the enemy flag, capture it and run underground, so no one could kill him, allowing him to freely cap flags with ease. So yes, even game giants like Blizzard get their precious games hacked. However, that hack no longer exists and probably never will. With APB, you can change code to prevent radar/wallhack/aimbots, but for how long? Thats my point. There is no permanent fix against FPS cheats, sorry.

Also, it's PvP.  No, it doesn't just have PvP in it, it's all PvP.  That makes cheating a much more serious issue, when its not gold that's being farmed, but other players, screwing with their gameplay experience directly.  Not just the economy or somesuch, that you can spend most of your game time not even thinking about, really.

Did Planetside have a problem with aimbots?  That's the only other game I can think of that's comparable.  Or maybe some of the F2P MMOFPS games, but I know even less about them than I do about Planetside.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

In my opinion, there is a plethora of reasons why this game will not do as well as it could. Cheating players is more towards the bottom of that list.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• NirwylNirwyl Member Posts: 103

It's true there will always be hacking in any MMO, the real problem is the frequency. Hopefully once the game launches and people start losing paid accounts for hacking, this will decrease. Just have to find them and report them until they get banned. Sure there will be some that don't get caught, but most players probably won't ever encounter them.

• EtheldredaEtheldreda Member UncommonPosts: 66

i dont even think its any of the things that OP listed.

i just find that the game will become VERY repetitive over time.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

I didn't play GA due to the fact I dislike sci-fi based games.

I am a fantasy player at heart and I didn't care much for APB.

However, this game may surprise those who haven't tried it out in more than one way. And no, moderators, I am not a beta player image

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

btw dude i dunno what why u have so much hate for global agenda but the game is doing quite well for an audiance of player and they have some news and content update many time. I mean this topic is'nt a place to discuss about that but Global agenda is'nt that bad lol.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Palebane

In my opinion, there is a plethora of reasons why this game will not do as well as it could. Cheating players is more towards the bottom of that list.

Sure, theres issues with the game, but cheating not on the bottom of the list, in fact, with FPS games, its a huge problem.

In FPS games in general, yes. I was speaking specifically about the APB beta thus far. In my opinion, cheating players is less of a concern compared to some of the other issues in the beta thus far. Take that however you like.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

Greed will kill this game. They really tried to milk the gamers clean out of their $. Hopefully they go the same way crimecraft went.

I was kinda hyped for this game, but now.. meh.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Aimbots killing the game? Of course... If RTW can block them.. cool.  But, how can I know this as a potential buyer if they have rampant cheating going on right now?   Cant they have members of their own staff as an additional duty use aimbots and block them that way?

How can beta testers test something if they are being dropped by hackers?  Seems defeating to me.

I think what the game will have the most problems with is content.  Why would I pay $15 a month for a game that lets me do 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 combat when I can do 16 vs 16 for a flat fee?  Customization?  I can do that with mod packs.  Community? Most games have em, and even tighter with server teams helping to get rid of the cheaters and reporting them.

Honesly, what is RTW bringing to the table that will cause me to part with my money every month?  A handful of weapon? Cars?  CoX has content and community... is it a FPS nope... but  Battlefield is free and a huge pool of players for that fix.

I am not dissing RTW and their work they put into this... but what makes them so damn special?  I am afraid I cannot see it after all I read and seen.

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

Originally posted by WolfClaws

Aimbots killing the game? Of course... If RTW can block them.. cool.  But, how can I know this as a potential buyer if they have rampant cheating going on right now?   Cant they have members of their own staff as an additional duty use aimbots and block them that way?

How can beta testers test something if they are being dropped by hackers?  Seems defeating to me.

I think what the game will have the most problems with is content.  Why would I pay $15 a month for a game that lets me do 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 combat when I can do 16 vs 16 for a flat fee?  Customization?  I can do that with mod packs.  Community? Most games have em, and even tighter with server teams helping to get rid of the cheaters and reporting them.

Honesly, what is RTW bringing to the table that will cause me to part with my money every month?  A handful of weapon? Cars?  CoX has content and community... is it a FPS nope... but  Battlefield is free and a huge pool of players for that fix.

I am not dissing RTW and their work they put into this... but what makes them so damn special?  I am afraid I cannot see it after all I read and seen.

i bet there is people cheating in the game, and yes if they do its a problem that needs to be fixed... BUT

for a regular good fps aimer, its really easy to aim in APB, you dont got any fancy moves.. your strafing its not really fast, so its not hard to put the middle of the screen on a player, and forllow him around left and right.

i got told i was a f****** cheater more then once, but really im a fps player.

seems to me people get beaten and they cant understand how the other player can kill you even if they got no upgrade and you have, and the only explonation would of couse be cheat.

its easy to say and none of the players can prove either wrong.

im not saying your lei'ing or anything this is nothing against you, just the other side of the story

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by Lienhart

I think the devs need to ask themselves, just who is their flaming audience?

"FPS" players? No FPS player I know, myself included, touched Global Agenda after the beta. To make matters worse, that game is dying even with the free "unlimited demo". Why?

Good players cannot carry the team due to lack of hitboxes. Guess what this game did again?

MMORPG players? Nope. Because last I recall, MMORPG players don't like having any skill in games period. They want to grind their ass off via quests or Korean style mob grind (either way it's grinding, I prefer having a chick near my little brother).

So um..........? Repeat of Global Agenda? I think so!

Make Planetside 2 already.

GA and APB are WAY WAY different.

GA has way too much of the bad features of MMOs, without the one good feature......being massively multiplayer.  sure the Dome is, and looks like they have plans to make at least one other open world zone, but there is still too much of the char progression crap to make it unbalanced, and too much other crappy RPG influence.

unless i run into some dealbreakers when i can afford the time and money to buy it, APB looks like a close to perfect game for me for now.  i've been waiting 11 years for this kind of game.  its still a developing market cuz most FPS players have given up on the idea of shooting in a virtual world cuz of all the previous crappy hybrids that castrated the FPS action behind RPG mitigation and imbalances.  or never liked the idea of virtual worlds in the first place cuz of watching their friends playing WoW-type games and standing around motionless, trading blows with motionless enemies while face-rolling their hotbars.

its DEFINITELY not for MMORPG fans, its just for SHOOTER fans that want a more immersive and well populated world as a backdrop to the shooting/driving mayhem.  and perhaps for those that can be entertained solely by one of the only REAL crafting systems in existence (along with Second Lifes).

so you claim an FPS is a failure without "hitboxes" (you must mean headshots), and yet failed to notice that Planetside would also be a failure by your own yardstick.  

total logic fail on your part.

and you ignore all the seminal old school (and even some of the newer ones) FPS games that did/do just fine without them.  i PREFER no headshots in games.  just encourages slower paced camping gameplay more, and todays FPS lamers don't need to be encouraged to do that more than they already like to.   also makes things more random when you have spray or innaccurate weapons that will randomly yet consistently hit the head hitbox.  or when camping snipers camp the high points and aim down at people.  the rest of their body is behind the head hitbox.

those are the reasons your post flopped.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by Lienhart

Make Planetside 2 already.

I'm willing to bet that Planetside 2, if and when it arrives, won't have multiple hitboxes either. Latency in MMO-served games is too variable to accurately and consistently model it.

Oh and, believe it or not, many MMORPG players also like FPS games. Can you imagine such a thing? People actually liking two different things!

I know, it's incredible isn't it?

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Ive not really read through the entire thread, but I didnt see anything in the first few posts which indicates any 'real reason' APB will flop.

if it does flop, it will be because ignorance,  false reviews, unfounded hacking claims and the QQ from noob players who struggle to understand the meaning of teamplay.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

They said the same things about plantside.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by sadeyx

if it does flop, it will be because ignorance,  false reviews, unfounded hacking claims and the QQ from noob players who struggle to understand the meaning of teamplay.

If RTW address the balance issues and perhaps populate instances by rank/unlocks/etc instead of the free-for-all way its done now, then I think all the above will evaporate over time and the game will have a reasonable future.

It's a pretty harsh environment for new players (or casual ones for that matter) when they are greeted by heavily upgraded enemies and get pitted against 4-man groups of threat 13-15 players over and over again. Spread the population according to rank and unlocks and straight away you've got new guys having fun instead of getting pwned by people who had an easy run at progression.

Keep it elitist and all those complaints you mention will definitely see APB go down, regardless of how accurate they are, because claims like those come straight out of frustration.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I think APB is a fun game despite it's flaws.  It will be interesting to see what some of the upcoming changes do for my enjoyment of the game.

I think the omission of hitboxes probably is more inclusive of a broader audience, which is a good thing.  A person that can headshot you at an extreme distance while you are moving is going to completely dominate the mediocre player  base who are less skilled. 

The whole point of the game is fun  rather than stroking a small segment of the populations egos, which on it's own would probably be unable to sustain the game since there are countless free games which include multiple hitboxes.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Originally posted by sadeyx

Thats never true. Despite all the BS, bottom line if it flops its because people don't enjoy playing it. If they do, it'll do fine.