Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 games with decent multiplayer?

SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well, I'm going to be repairing a yellow light of death on my friends old PS3 so hopefully I should have one to mess around with soon. For the last 10 years I've been almost exclusively a PC gamer and even more particularly, an online gamer.That said, I was hoping to find one or two PS3 games that have a promising multiplayer option. I'm really into fantasy stuff (like oblivion for example), and any game that offer some kind of leveling/progression system and coop mode.

So far I had been thinking about White Knight Chronicles, but after reading some of the reviews about it, I'm having second thoughts. Aside from that, I hear Demon Souls is really good (albeit extremely difficult) so I'm considering picking it up. I'm cool with shooters and stuff too as long as they have some kind of character progression, so if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

Red Dead Redemption is good online.

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

I second Red Dead Redemption, and they are already adding on to it.

And I never played it, but heard nice things about Warhawk.

• greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Originally posted by alacres

Well, I'm going to be repairing a yellow light of death on my friends old PS3 so hopefully I should have one to mess around with soon. For the last 10 years I've been almost exclusively a PC gamer and even more particularly, an online gamer.That said, I was hoping to find one or two PS3 games that have a promising multiplayer option. I'm really into fantasy stuff (like oblivion for example), and any game that offer some kind of leveling/progression system and coop mode.

So far I had been thinking about White Knight Chronicles, but after reading some of the reviews about it, I'm having second thoughts. Aside from that, I hear Demon Souls is really good (albeit extremely difficult) so I'm considering picking it up. I'm cool with shooters and stuff too as long as they have some kind of character progression, so if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

Honestly, for what you're looking for, stick with the PC

not many multiplayer "rpg" type games on consoles still, its unfortunate.

Yes, White Knight Chronicles isn't very good (my own opinion).

and yes, Demons Souls is ridiculously hard, but very rewarding once you do beat it because of that difficulty.

Ever try the call of duty series? they have a progression system, just with the types of guns / leveling those guns up.

• arikingariking Member Posts: 7

i would say MW2

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

From what I understand Demon Soul doesn't really have the online multiplayer that you're really looking forward.

I saw Borderlands. It's extremely addictive and fun. It feels like an MMO.. even if you don't like shooting games (which I don't at all) this was a blast to play. It has a story to follow, missions to do, you level up and get new skills ect... thousands of weapons and gear to collect... different classes to try.. that's my suggestion for online multiplayer. The whole game can be played with someone else.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

MAG, MW2, Lost Plantet 2  and Borderlands are the best multiplayer games for the console right now. Sadly the majority of console developers are too lazy to make multiplayer games because it is too much effort for them.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

DEMONS SOULS. is a must great rpg but be warned its hard.

modnation racers great cart raceing game

mag good fps

kill zone 2 fps

scom. 3rd person shooter.

• BlackMan656BlackMan656 Member Posts: 8

hey man  a great game for ur ps3 is COD modern warfare  awesome  online play to you should check it out to

• arikingariking Member Posts: 7

MW2, killzone, uncharted and even some fighting games are really fun multiplayer games on PS3

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Resistance 2 is not bad, 60 players. 

?